Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Group BUY from Zenclousres custom Sub boxes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM
DoubleParadoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put me down for two 10's. Whats the procedure for payment on a group buy like this?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleParadoxx
Put me down for two 10's. Whats the procedure for payment on a group buy like this?
You can email Mike and let him know what you are wanting. He will give you instructions on what to do. Make sure you include in your email that this is the group buy that Ben set up.
Mike has been EXCELENT in returning email and he has GREAT customer service so far!

email again is zenclosures@tampabay.rr.com

List updated!
Old 01-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Kream

I am interested. Waiting for Mike to email me back regarding my amp placement.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Updated!!
Group Deal Will end next Sunday the 27th at 11:59PM

Also when your emailing Mike please include your MyG37 screen name!
Thanks guys!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:05 AM
symalik
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will be in, have we hit 8 people yet or is the list totally updated in the front? I just need to check where to fit my amp tomorrow and will let you know.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
symalik
Registered Member

the box is for 2 10's to be specific sucks I cant fit the amp on the sides, I might just take out the stupid spare tire.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Pics of my box in My car snapped with my phone yesturday evening..bad quality but it gives you an Idea of the perfect fit. I still have about half an inch to push the box back which I will do today if its not 20 degrees outside. My trunk mat slid back and is keeping it from being alll the way back

Overall impressions: This box is perfectly cut. It is very snug. The box will not move if the car turns hard. Quality is very good! As you can see in the pics there is no gap what so ever. I still have ALOT of trunk room left.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-24-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Kream

Very nice! Unfortunately I need to relocate both of my amps cause they're mounted behind the rear seats.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

I am going to make a nice rack for mine.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
symalik
Registered Member

do I need to pay before the 27th or after?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

email mike.^^^^^^^
Old 01-24-2008, 03:29 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by mziegler
Dumb question: where does the amp go?

Another question: I mostly listen to jazz. How much improvement would I get?
Much improvement as in car audio, low frequencies tend to get canceled out with noise emitted through driving on the road. A TRUE subwoofer, not the BLOSE woofers, will allow your music to over come that cancellation and be heard in all it's glory. Don't think that all systems sound like the local kids who have their stock systems with 1000 watts of power pumping sub frequencies that basically drown out the upper octaves of sound. Design a proper system in your car and you will almost become orgasmic when you pop in that Quincy Jones or Miles Davis CD....trust me!

See my post below for vital info!!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
dillyyo

A major flaw I see with this group buy on sub enclosures is proper enclosure size. I don't understand how so many people are willing to buy a box made as a blanket application. How are these boxes being built without knowing the T-S parameters for each sub? I am sure not all people are using the same subs. Maybe I am not informed, but I hope people putting subs in their cars realize that a sub improperly placed in the wrong box, will sometimes sound like real doo doo. I just don't understand why people would go through the efforts of modifying their systems when they aren't guaranteed better sound.

as a suggestion, maybe this gentleman should build the box for one particular sub type, measure the cars transfer function and then sell the boxes and subs as a unit.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:10 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by dillyyo
A major flaw I see with this group buy on sub enclosures is proper enclosure size. I don't understand how so many people are willing to buy a box made as a blanket application. How are these boxes being built without knowing the T-S parameters for each sub? I am sure not all people are using the same subs. Maybe I am not informed, but I hope people putting subs in their cars realize that a sub improperly placed in the wrong box, will sometimes sound like real doo doo. I just don't understand why people would go through the efforts of modifying their systems when they aren't guaranteed better sound.

as a suggestion, maybe this gentleman should build the box for one particular sub type, measure the cars transfer function and then sell the boxes and subs as a unit.
You are not informed. People know what the specs are to the box. All you have to do is buy some of the many 10 inch subs that call for .50 cubic ft. of air space. Its simple...

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-24-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
dillyyo

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
You are not informed. People know what the specs are to the box. All you have to do is buy some of the many 10 inch subs that call for .50 cubic ft. of air space. Its simple...

Oh ok.....buy a prebuilt box and then buy a sub that conforms to that box!! And I'm the newbie?!?! Any competent enclosure builder would measure the transfer function of the car. Then, when someone were to buy a sub, the enclosure dimensions are derived from a combination of T-S parameters and transfer function. Maybe most just don't care as they are sticking with the Bose system which is obviously horrid. To each his own!

Quick Reply: Group BUY from Zenclousres custom Sub boxes.