Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM membership

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thexfactor
No offense, but doing the above is the EXACT recipe for having XM kill this deal... never, ever, ever, say to the company: "well, i saw it on this forum, and THEYRE getting it, so why cant i?"

the deal will be killed so fast itll make your head spin.

directions were clearly laid out in post #16...
None taken. Afterall, this is the internet so I don't take things posted personally. I did say that I received the offer in the mail as recommended on post #16. That's when they asked for the promo code which would be referenced on the mailer. When I said I didn't have it because I misplaced it, they wanted to deny the offer. Another member posted he/she had mentioned this site and got the deal. So that's what I did and got it.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
bryan3d4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EZDozzit
None taken. Afterall, this is the internet so I don't take things posted personally. I did say that I received the offer in the mail as recommended on post #16. That's when they asked for the promo code which would be referenced on the mailer. When I said I didn't have it because I misplaced it, they wanted to deny the offer. Another member posted he/she had mentioned this site and got the deal. So that's what I did and got it.
EZ, I understand your reasoning.
I would suggest to anyone else that may experience the same situation to politely end the call, then call back to get another rep and try again.

This approach has worked for many of us on this board.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bryan3d4
EZ, I understand your reasoning.
I would suggest to anyone else that may experience the same situation to politely end the call, then call back to get another rep and try again.

This approach has worked for many of us on this board.
You guys are right. In retrospect, that's probably what I should have done. Sorry my brothas.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Atlanta37

Got XM pretty easily pretty cheap

OK, I just went through the XM song-and-dance and I think I did OK. Thought I'd share.

(1) I called the XM number on my last letter of "encouragement" the day before my trial subscription was set to expire. Got a nice guy who transferred me to a second queue when he discovered I was "looking for a special; other than what I had received in the mail." He sounded exactly like he was reading from a script. The second person I got was a cold fish, who told me they had nothing special to offer other than what was already in my letter, so I said "thanks, seeya later." She didn't argue and let me hang up.

(2) I called back literally 1 minute later and ironically got the same guy I had in the first place. Explained that I was pretty sure they could beat the mailed offer, according to the rumor mill, but that the person he'd transferred me to was obviously having a bad day. He very nicely transferred me again. Someone new picked up this time.

(3) I explained very quickly and 100% honestly what I thought: "Price in letter is too high, can't justify it, like the iPod connection, so I need a better reason to renew." I told him I'd heard that there were some great deals to be had.

(4) Without any further discussion, he offered me the following: $6.49 per month for XM, $3.99 per month for traffic, LESS a $12.95 1-time deduction if I paid the whole year by credit card on the spot. He made it clear it was a one-year deal only, and that it would renew at $12.95/month next year in June unless I called ahead to ask for another "deal." So there's the "rub," if you happen to be overly forgetful and you ignore your mail. That said, if you do all the math, the deal works out to $112.81 for XM and traffic for a year. I took it.

I figure I probably could have whittled it further if I really leaned into it, but relative to the "mailer" deal I figured I was doing OK. End of story. The whole saga took about 8 minutes.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Kuningan2

Thanks Atlanta - I got my latest offer yesterday and my trial ends on May 23. I too want a better deal than they are offering in the mailer and will take your approach.