Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM membership

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:59 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They usually will call you after. If it is expired, give them a call.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:05 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They never called me Then again, I wasn't planning on renewing
Old 04-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Carlitos_SS

PROMO Code: XMSCION03

Just found this on Digg.com with a Google search. Apparently this promo code has been working since 2003. I just used it today to renew my wife's 2008 MDX subscription. I'll use it again next month for my G.

Here's a link to the Digg.com thread:

http://digg.com/tech_news/XM_Radio_promotion_code_$77_for_1_year

'Los
Old 04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
chasemyaccord

I just got a phone call from XM yesterday and they offered me the 5 months for $19.99. I also added on traffic as well. I don't really drive the car much so I doubt I'll renew the subscription after the 5 months, but I wanted to give it another go to be sure. If only they didn't block the XM web site at work...

Last edited by chasemyaccord; 04-24-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Can you call before it expires and subscribe? I'm hoping to just close a XM deal so i don't have to worry about it down the line. But obviously I don't want to be charged during my 3 month free trial period. Does anyone know if I call to subscribe if they would just start my paid subscription after my trail period ended or just start up as I enroll?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
bryan3d4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
Can you call before it expires and subscribe? I'm hoping to just close a XM deal so i don't have to worry about it down the line. But obviously I don't want to be charged during my 3 month free trial period. Does anyone know if I call to subscribe if they would just start my paid subscription after my trail period ended or just start up as I enroll?
I subscribed prior to my trial expiration date and my credit card wasn't charged until about two weeks after the trial period.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
That's the question I had but the guys here recommended that I wait until it's about to expire. I too would like to just get it out of the way.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
chasemyaccord

Well, I waited until I expired but I wanted to get in on the 5 months for 19.99 deal, which they wouldn't give me. So I let it expire and a couple months later (yesterday), they gave me a call and offered it to me without activation charge. If you want the $77/year deal, you can get that any time as long as you know what to say.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Graham
Premier Member

I'm not going to beat around the bush, I just plan on calling and asking for the 77 a year deal, if they say no, i'll call back until i get a CSR to do it for me.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Prestonator

Originally Posted by bryan3d4
Guys,
You are making this way too difficult.
The reason the operator may question a person asking for the $77 a year deal is because it don't exist!
XM refers to this promotion as their Half Price Offer.

Please don't ruin this for others by calling with incorrect information.
Below are the facts to the promotion:
1. XM has a Half Price Offer that they mail to select trial customers
2. When you call, simply state: "I've received your Half Price Offer and would like to sign up".
3. The operator will ask for your XM Radio ID, your billing information and start your subscription.
That's it, you're done!!

Enjoy the music!
I just did that and it was pretty easy, although the traffic was an add on. They way I figuire, 120 a year when you consider my car payment is really nothing and I would have felt like a total deeewsh bag if I had tried to haggle a whole bunch. Most of us are probably paying over 600 a month, so bust out that wallet, take the 1/2 price offer and pay it.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:22 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Ok I got the $77 price. My trial period expires in June and then the 12 month subscription will begin. When I called and inquired about the "half price offer" they asked me if I had a promo code. I told them no but that I was a member of myg37.com and other members were receiving that offer. They put me on hold for like 10 secs and came back to say OK we can give you that price. This thread was a tremendous help. Thanks guys.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:20 PM
YeahRightFoo

Originally Posted by EZDozzit
Ok I got the $77 price. My trial period expires in June and then the 12 month subscription will begin. When I called and inquired about the "half price offer" they asked me if I had a promo code. I told them no but that I was a member of myg37.com and other members were receiving that offer. They put me on hold for like 10 secs and came back to say OK we can give you that price. This thread was a tremendous help. Thanks guys.
Does that include the traffic info also?
Old 04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
No the Nav service is an additional $3.99/mo.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:57 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by EZDozzit
No offense, but doing the above is the EXACT recipe for having XM kill this deal... never, ever, ever, say to the company: "well, i saw it on this forum, and THEYRE getting it, so why cant i?"

the deal will be killed so fast itll make your head spin.

directions were clearly laid out in post #16...
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
chasemyaccord

Originally Posted by YeahRightFoo
Yeah right foo.

Originally Posted by thexfactor
No offense, but doing the above is the EXACT recipe for having XM kill this deal... never, ever, ever, say to the company: "well, i saw it on this forum, and THEYRE getting it, so why cant i?"

the deal will be killed so fast itll make your head spin.

directions were clearly laid out in post #16...
+1