Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM membership

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Taktix1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badson
I bought my year subscription and then they went and canceled the only reason I subscribed: XM Led. Bastards.
Whats XM Led?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:59 PM
extracrunchy

Originally Posted by Taktix1
Whats XM Led?
the Led Zeppelin channel
Old 03-29-2008, 06:02 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by Taktix1
Whats XM Led?
XM channel: All Led Zepplin.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 PM
cdebnil

I just signed up for $77/year...They cold called me...I said told them I like the service but was too much etc...Offered me some bogus lower price...I responded by saying, "Can you give me the half price offer my brother got last month?" Reply from agent, "Sure"....Done deal...pretty simple
Old 04-04-2008, 12:28 AM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XM and Sirius to allow us to pick channels we want

I just called XM as my trial is set to expire tomorrow, told the girl about the $77 deal and got it with no problem. But a cool thing that she told me was that within a few weeks they will offer the packages that will combine both services. For example, it would be $16.95 for XM and Sirius, or you can continue with XM or Sirius for $12.95, but the best deal she told me about is the one that will allow listeners to chose the channels they want and only pay for those channels.

For example if you want a 15 channel package you would pick your favorite channels from both and only pay for those channels. I asked her if I could change my subscription once these deals come out and she said, "yes" you would get a refund for your current package and could then select a new one. So I went ahead and locked in the $77 deal for now and will wait in a few weeks to see what they offer regarding the merger packages.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
bryan3d4

Not so fast...

Originally Posted by SteveG37
I just called XM as my trial is set to expire tomorrow, told the girl about the $77 deal and got it with no problem. But a cool thing that she told me was that within a few weeks they will offer the packages that will combine both services. For example, it would be $16.95 for XM and Sirius, or you can continue with XM or Sirius for $12.95, but the best deal she told me about is the one that will allow listeners to chose the channels they want and only pay for those channels.

For example if you want a 15 channel package you would pick your favorite channels from both and only pay for those channels. I asked her if I could change my subscription once these deals come out and she said, "yes" you would get a refund for your current package and could then select a new one. So I went ahead and locked in the $77 deal for now and will wait in a few weeks to see what they offer regarding the merger packages.
Steve, before you get overly excited, I recommend you read post #73.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 AM
bfranks

Originally Posted by bryan3d4
Steve, before you get overly excited, I recommend you read post #73.

Yeah...seems the PR machine is getting kicked into over drive.

There are so many things blatantly wrong with what she told you it's sad....

For starters, the merger isn't even approved yet. The DOJ has signed off on it, but not the FCC. Secondly, the timeline for the new package rollout is 6 months post merger for the regular packages, and 1 year post merger for the ala carte packages. As mentioned above, you WILL need a new radio for the ala carte packages. And the $16.95 package, only gets you "select" Sirius channels (if you have XM). And those channels are fairly slim, since they've reserved all of the league channels (NFL, MLB, etc, and most likely Howard Stern) for "premium" ala carte offerings. These "premium" channels will cost you from $3-$6 a channel on top of the base ala carte packages.

It's a good thing you locked in the $77 deal, as the new packages aren't all that appealing once you read the fine print.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
mziegler

I just got off the phone, and I got the $77 deal, but it was a pain in the butt.

There is an annoying dance, however, to get the deal. I called the main number; I mentioned the $77 deal; I was transferred to a person who handles terminations.

I wasn't getting anywhere with her. She kept repeating some kind of nonsense that I didn't qualify for a deal since I was never offered one. After a while I caught on and said that the full price was not worth it to me. At that point something kicked in, and she started bargaining with me. Her second offer was $77.

As long as one says one cannot afford the service, or says that it is not worth it, then one can get the deal.

I didn't re-sign for traffic--I live in the Los Angeles area, and I found their information about as up-to-the-minute as sigalert.com. I was about 45 minutes behind one time. Hardly worth it.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Enigma36

i was able to get this no problem
Old 04-21-2008, 11:10 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My trial period doesn't expire for another 2 mos. Should I wait until then to try and get the $77 deal or do it now?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:36 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wait...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 PM
dvalle

Originally Posted by EZDozzit
My trial period doesn't expire for another 2 mos. Should I wait until then to try and get the $77 deal or do it now?

Wait of course! If u start now and get the deal then you would only get 13 months before you have to renew, as oppose to 15 months! Common sense...

I called today & got the deal. I mentioned the deal to the rep & she has hesitant, told me to hold on, came back on & said "ok". I just mentioned to her that 2 of my buddies had gotten it and that sealed the deal. Or maybe just my charming voice...
Old 04-21-2008, 11:46 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvalle
Wait of course! If u start now and get the deal then you would only get 13 months before you have to renew, as oppose to 15 months! Common sense...
Understood but I was referring to getting the 12mos for $77 beginning at the expiration date of trial period. I guess I'll wait but hopefully 2 mos. from now I'll still be able to get the deal.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:48 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you just wait... they will call you like crazy... no way you will forget... or should i say... no way they will let you forget...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
mziegler

They only called me once, then it expired.

Still got a year for half price.

Last edited by mziegler; 04-25-2008 at 09:03 AM.