Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM membership

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm kinda hoping my dealership ended up picking up the bill for two years! I told em they should so maybe they did LOL!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 AM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
My subscription was set to expire March 1st, still works, dunno why but whatever!
Mine worked about a month over too. But this car isn't my daily so right now I don't see paying for it at all (not to mention there was only one station I really listened to). But believe me, my cheap a$$ will try to talk them down as much as possible if I do decide to pick it up again.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:52 AM
ppc

Originally Posted by jnifong
Mine worked about a month over too. But this car isn't my daily so right now I don't see paying for it at all (not to mention there was only one station I really listened to). But believe me, my cheap a$$ will try to talk them down as much as possible if I do decide to pick it up again.
Mine was set to expire on the 17th. It was working this morning for about a minute (18th) but it reset back to channel 1 by the time I backed out of the garage. Only one time did they offer me a discount and that was $4.95 for 3 months which I declined because after the discount it went back to full price. I was thinking about calling them looking for the half price deal but they cancelled the 59 XM LED channel. That was a good enough reason for me to stay with my IPOD, CD's and regular radio.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:43 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My XM Renewal Experience

My trial expires the 20th of March... XM had been calling me like crazy... just at inconvienant times...
So this morning I call them up and get some women on the phone that I can hardly understand what she is saying... She goes through the whole 1 year, 2 year, 5 yr spill (if I understood her right) And when she was done I said now whats the price for 1 yr. She replied and said 140 something plus fees and taxes.... **heres where I started talking my game** I said I had gotten a flyer that offered a 1/2 priced deal but it was a while back... She said yes there is an offer like that... and let me check and NOOOO you cant use it will your account sorry... I replied... "well I dont think I am interested then... unless I can have the 1/2 priced deal" She said Well I am understand and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I was shocked... oh well...

I dialed right back and got a Guy this time and told him what that stupid women did and he said I am sorry, thats crazy and if you know about the 1/2 deal we have to give it to you... so with 30 seconds he was getting my CC numeber for 77.00 even.

So thats how I went about getting the 77 dolla deal... I hope it helps...

Just keep calling to talk to different people and you will get the deal!!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you try to get traffic from him for half off too?
Old 03-18-2008, 03:02 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

nope No traffic in my area... waste o money ... so i didnt add it
Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I love the traffic, just click Info and pull up all the Accidents/Delays on the highways. Its just as easy to tune to the traffic station, it repeats every 2-3 minutes but if you can get it budled for relatively cheap, why not have.

I see no point too if its not available in your area.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

yea the XM guy said ... HAHA YEA if you dont go to baltimore or texas you dont need it... lol ... i wonder where the closest area that has it is.... to me
Old 03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
RedlineSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
My trial expires the 20th of March... XM had been calling me like crazy... just at inconvienant times...
So this morning I call them up and get some women on the phone that I can hardly understand what she is saying... She goes through the whole 1 year, 2 year, 5 yr spill (if I understood her right) And when she was done I said now whats the price for 1 yr. She replied and said 140 something plus fees and taxes.... **heres where I started talking my game** I said I had gotten a flyer that offered a 1/2 priced deal but it was a while back... She said yes there is an offer like that... and let me check and NOOOO you cant use it will your account sorry... I replied... "well I dont think I am interested then... unless I can have the 1/2 priced deal" She said Well I am understand and SHE HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I was shocked... oh well...

I dialed right back and got a Guy this time and told him what that stupid women did and he said I am sorry, thats crazy and if you know about the 1/2 deal we have to give it to you... so with 30 seconds he was getting my CC numeber for 77.00 even.

So thats how I went about getting the 77 dolla deal... I hope it helps...

Just keep calling to talk to different people and you will get the deal!!

Haha, I just had the same thing happen right now. I had a women tell me she can't help me and then was gone.

I called back, got a guy who gave me the 77 dollar deal on the spot. I also added on the traffic package for 40 bucks. It is helpful, so I figured I'd keep it.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:27 PM
jnifong

That's crazy. If they can drop the price by half and still cut a profit, that goes to show how much $$$$ they're marking up! I wonder how this is all going to be affected by the merger of XM and serris?

Jon

08 G37S 6MT | Black/Black | Premium | Navigation

http://www.sheepholetees.com

Crazy freakin shirts!

Last edited by jnifong; 03-28-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:45 PM
RedlineSi

www.xmmerger.com
Old 03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
DetroitG37Joe

i recently got an offer at $4/month for 5 mos. for 19.99 out the door...probably one of their best deals so i thought about signing up just to have it for the summer but i thought na forget (yo homes to bel-air)

i just dont like XM....its like i burn CD-Rw's of mp3s that fit 100+ songs a disk and sometimes i re burn the disk without wasting extra disks since its cd-rw...just put that S H I T on random and i hear ALL the music I want...XM only plays some of the music I like...
Old 03-28-2008, 04:15 PM
bryan3d4

The bigger the lie, the more they believe. -The Bunk

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
Based on the QA section below... Expect to take a financial hit if you plan to receive channels from both companies.

1. They may kill the 1/2 price deal, leaving you to pay the promised $12.95

2. You'll be charge an additional unspecified premium for the additional channels
3. Regardless of their play with words, if you to switch to the alacarte package - be prepared to buy a new (currently non-existing receiver)

Taken from XMmerger QA page:
6. What should I expect in terms of subscription costs after the merger?

Once we merge, consumers will have even better pricing choices.
There will be new subscription packages priced below our current offerings.
The best of both XM and SIRIUS will be available for a lot less than the $25.90 monthly cost of subscribing to both services separately.
And subscribers who want their current service after the merger will not have to pay any more than the $12.95 per month they pay today.
Any plan you sign up for now will be honored by the merged company.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:18 PM
badson

I bought my year subscription and then they went and canceled the only reason I subscribed: XM Led. Bastards.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:07 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by jnifong
That's crazy. If they can drop the price by half and still cut a profit, that goes to show how much $$$$ they're marking up! I wonder how this is all going to be affected by the merger of XM and serris?

Jon

08 G37S 6MT | Black/Black | Premium | Navigation

http://www.sheepholetees.com

Crazy freakin shirts!
Well, when you consider that their operating costs are the same whether or not you are a customer it makes sense that they are willing to deal. $12.95 is best, but half price is better then nothing.