Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

XM membership

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
i just wish i can change the chanel from my sterring wheel
You can scroll up and down through your preset XM channels with the steering wheel rocker switch.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
maxipad96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 on not being able to change the channel from the steering wheel. Garbage. I feel like I'm tuning an old AM radio from the 50's having to reach over and turn a damn ****.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
MrMichael

Originally Posted by dmkozak
You can scroll up and down through your preset XM channels with the steering wheel rocker switch.
Actually it doesn't scroll just through the preset xm channels but all preset within that preset bank. If you want to change banks you need to hit the button on the radio.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
dvalle

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
Are you guys getting the traffice with the $77 deal?

Can any of you guys that renewed answer this?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:59 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by dvalle
I've only seen one guy say it comes with traffic.....and he might of just misunderstood. Everyone else says that traffic is another $3.99 a month on top of the $77 deal.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:20 PM
bryan3d4

Originally Posted by dmkozak
Originally Posted by MrMichael
Actually it doesn't scroll just through the preset xm channels but all preset within that preset bank. If you want to change banks you need to hit the button on the radio.
You can press the source button (above the rocker switch) on the steering wheel to transverse your presets (A, B, C), CF card, iPod, CD, etc.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:27 PM
jspain

Originally Posted by dvalle
After trying for 3 days with different reps. I was able to get XM and traffic for $100.94. She let me have traffic for 1/2 price and did give me the $12.95 credit for using a card, bringing the final cost to $87.99 for a year. She did say that it would automatically renew at the full price after a year unless I called.

I'll just have to remember to call before then.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by jspain
After trying for 3 days with different reps. I was able to get XM and traffic for $100.94. She let me have traffic for 1/2 price and did give me the $12.95 credit for using a card, bringing the final cost to $87.99 for a year. She did say that it would automatically renew at the full price after a year unless I called.

That's interesting.....that's the first mention I've seen of getting a discount on the Nav traffic. Not a bad deal overall though.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:42 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's a good deal. Now I'll aim for getting that too. I mostly want it for traffic anyway. Mine expired a couple weeks ago...man I miss seeing those yellow squiggly lines...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
thexfactor

I just got off the phone and was able to get the rep to offer me the $77 deal. However, he would not budge on giving me the navtraffic for 1/2 price. So I told him i'd have to think about it and call them back.

1) How'd you get em to budge on the navtraffic?
2) Anyone else get navtraffic included when renewing? Half off?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM
jspain

Originally Posted by thexfactor
I just got off the phone and was able to get the rep to offer me the $77 deal. However, he would not budge on giving me the navtraffic for 1/2 price. So I told him i'd have to think about it and call them back.

1) How'd you get em to budge on the navtraffic?
2) Anyone else get navtraffic included when renewing? Half off?
I told them that I had another car comming up in April and I couldn't believe that they would not want 2 subscriptions over a discount on nav. I told the lady that I would just let the xm on my G expire and forget it. She then offered the half price deal. You have to be persistant and keep calling until you reach the right person. They can offer a lot more than they let on.

Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Sivle

Called them at 800-682-4114 asked them for their promotional offer of 5 months for $19.99 plus $3.95/month for nav traffic. This is for new subscribers though...my trial was about to end in a the next few days.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Idaho siirto

1st call made tonight and came out w/$64.11, putting it on a card (w/out traffic-it sounds like that made it a bit easier to deal, no need for it here anyway).
The year will start after my 3 mths runs out in 2 wks. Good enough...
She would have given the $19.99 for 5 mths, but after the 5, she said I'd then be looking at full price- and while I seriously doubt that- opted to take the deal in hand & not have to revisit the issue until 3/28/09.

Rep. also said that they are merging w/Sirius "for sure" this year. Will not be counting on that happening. Assuming they don't, expect I'll be using that bold statement, if nothing else, in getting the renewal price down next time around.

I would be surprised if anyone here, who wants to keep XM, will be paying more than 1/2 price.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
My subscription was set to expire March 1st, still works, dunno why but whatever!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That means they re-newed and charged you for it.....

JK... lol... guess you lucky!