Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM
G-Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Questions

First of all, when I am in my car, my phone is linked to the car via bluetooth. When someone calls me, the car picks up the phone. If I want to have a personal conversation if I have a passenger in my car, can I push any buttons to talk just on my handset w/o disconnecting the bluetooth?

And second, when I have my Ipod plugged in, i was noticing that it is kinda getting around from artist to artist or song to song. Can we speed anything up like on the ipods, which scroll down faster the longer u scroll down?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
1) Bluetooth - If you want to use your phone your going to have to pick it up, and switch from the car to handset. I know with iPhone you just tap the button but other phones might require that you turn off BT in order to speak through the phone. If you plan on having passengers in your car that you don't want to hear convo you might want to turn BT off prior to them getting in your car.

2) iPod Scroll - Unfortunately it takes forever to scroll in the G, my advice, unplug the iPod scroll and reconnect. Or like some do, make a playlist for artists A-F, G-P etc..
Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
On most phones you just need to click "Use Headset / handset" to switch from the Bluetooth speaker system and it won't disconnect you.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM
mal_TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Phone menu on the car's display offers "Use handset" as an option during a call. You can use your steering wheel up/down and enter controls to do this completely hands-free
Old 01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mal_TX
The Phone menu on the car's display offers "Use handset" as an option during a call. You can use your steering wheel up/down and enter controls to do this completely hands-free
whew, that's good, I don't use my phone much but I'll look for that next time I'm using it to familiarize myself.

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
unplug the iPod scroll and connect. Or like some do, make a playlist for artists A-F, G-P etc..
With as many songs/albums on the Ipod as some of us do, this just might become a habit. If Infiniti saw this coming maybe they'd have had a solution.