Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Possessed Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Possessed Homelink

After washing and drying my car I pulled it into the garage and then went to wash my mit and towel. My washer dryer is in the first small room as you enter my house from the garage. Standing in the laundry room I heard my garage door open, partially. I reach around to hit the button to close it thinking WTF and it went down and then stopped and went back up again. I played tennis with it for about 10 minutes and began to suspect homelink was glitching. Sure enough it wasn't working in my car any more. I powered the car off and on and still couln't get it to work. The garage door kept on opening and closing about a minute apart and often aborting half way, probably because it got another trigger. I finally got it to close and put it on lock which put an end to it. I took an hour break to eat and then went back to the garage to troubleshoot. I move the garage door switch off of lock and then tried it in my car and it worked.

I have a revolving code Genie so I couldn't have been kids playing around. It's almost as if washing it cause a short and the hour break resolved it as the water dried. Really not sure what the heck happened, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.