Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

My BOSE Deck no longer works!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
My BOSE Deck no longer works! Edit: Fixed

After a few days of noticing low bass levels in songs I had heard several times in the G, I switched the fader to Rear and all I got was treble!! Pretty sad that my extra 100 Watts of Bass is just gone but soon it shall be fixed!

Has anyone else had this happen yet?

Edit: Fixed! Changed the 15A fuse for the Bose Amp and whallla, back on! What a difference in the sound now!

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 01-11-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yikes! Hope this isn't going to be prevalent as the BOSE speaker cutout in the G35.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:46 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Never had a single problem with my stereo in the G35 (other than the CD Player). I wonder if its just a fuse, I gotta go play with that thing.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:51 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Well atleast you are not crying like a panzy and starting the thread with :

OmG mY rAdIo StOpPed woRking , OMG I HATE THIS CAR, INFINITI's ARE SUCH POS', ILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN, THIS SHOULD NOT bE HaPpening to a 40K CAR LIKE OMG
Old 01-11-2008, 06:07 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so it sounds better with a 15amp fuse???
is tat correct?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:19 PM
G37RacerX

Originally Posted by gan78mao
so it sounds better with a 15amp fuse???
is tat correct?
No, not correct. It just plain works again, (sounds like it used to).
Old 01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by G37RacerX
No, not correct. It just plain works again, (sounds like it used to).
ahh, i was like oh dang imma go switch the fuse then.
lol!! i guess not!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

NOOOOOOO The fuse in there already is 15A, mine was blown so I used the spare, it works again. Don't go switching crap around!
Old 01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
spyderbret

Which fuse did you replace? There are two bose amp fuses. If I remove either one there is no change. If I remove both, no sound at all. I am talking about the fuses in the drivers footwell.
When I move the sound to the rear speakers it just sounds weak. There is a little bass but not much. Is that normal? Are the 2 fuses just redundant?
TIA!!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:09 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

There is only one fuse (that I saw) on the foot fuse box. It says Bose AMP, has 15A. Yes your sound is normal actually thats what I was going to be asking next since my sound is 'weak' too but I did try it before I switched the amp and it has no bass.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:10 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The other thing to remember is that Bose designed this system to come from the front of the car and not the back. Most of us are use to the low frequencies going from the rear of the car. They centered the sound around the driver and front passenger seats probably because the back seats probably won't be used. The bass in the car comes from the 10s that are located in the door. Bass is not going to be strong from the other speakers. If you want more bump in the car, I would recommend just buying some subs and doing a setup in the trunk.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Yeh after playing around with my Faders and Stuff I did notice that the rear deck was not responsible for the majority of bass as in the previous Coupe. In fact its very minimal if that! I'll be having my W6 installed Mon or Tues, hope I can find some way of getting my rearview mirror to stay somewhat still.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Yeh after playing around with my Faders and Stuff I did notice that the rear deck was not responsible for the majority of bass as in the previous Coupe. In fact its very minimal if that! I'll be having my W6 installed Mon or Tues, hope I can find some way of getting my rearview mirror to stay somewhat still.
Hey Diamond, just take off the mirror and turn on your reaview camera all the time after you adjust it up of course. j/k
Old 01-12-2008, 05:23 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by bboysteele
The other thing to remember is that Bose designed this system to come from the front of the car and not the back. Most of us are use to the low frequencies going from the rear of the car. They centered the sound around the driver and front passenger seats probably because the back seats probably won't be used. The bass in the car comes from the 10s that are located in the door. Bass is not going to be strong from the other speakers. If you want more bump in the car, I would recommend just buying some subs and doing a setup in the trunk.

^^^ Good point B-Boy...I noticed that too - I am used to the depth and oopmh of a system coming from the back as the subs would be near the rear windshield and the speakers would be by the doors like in a Lux Sedan....The setup is very different in the G where the sound is focused primarily on the driver (with Driver's Audio Stage) or at minimum equally on driver+pass....

Now once again the blown fuse affected sound in the manner that Bass was weak in the back correct? was the extra/new fuse included in the vehicle or did you have to go get one? I am not too familiar with mesing with the fuses so if this happens to me I would love to know a DIY so I dont have to take to dealership- as simple as it was nevertheless it's new to me.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 AM
spyderbret

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Now once again the blown fuse affected sound in the manner that Bass was weak in the back correct? was the extra/new fuse included in the vehicle or did you have to go get one? I am not too familiar with mesing with the fuses so if this happens to me I would love to know a DIY so I dont have to take to dealership- as simple as it was nevertheless it's new to me.

Thanks!
For me, changing the fuse did not make any difference so I am guessing that everything is working good. If you open the fuse panel in the drivers footwell you will see all the fuses and the fuse puller. You will also find a spare 10, 15 and 20 amp fuse should you need it.

Quick Reply: My BOSE Deck no longer works!