Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

My BOSE Deck no longer works!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:31 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks good watchin out SpyderBret! I put the sound the rear and heard the almost non existent bass in the back haha. That's normal right?? Wow the front speakers are great its almost like the back is just there for surround sound!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:46 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
Hey Diamond, just take off the mirror and turn on your reaview camera all the time after you adjust it up of course. j/k
If you could tell me how to do that it would be a sweet idea!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:51 PM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
thanks good watchin out SpyderBret! I put the sound the rear and heard the almost non existent bass in the back haha. That's normal right?? Wow the front speakers are great its almost like the back is just there for surround sound!

Sounds right!! Thats what I get when I move the sound to the rear only. Kinda weird but sounds good when I set it back to normal!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
cdebnil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
After a few days of noticing low bass levels in songs I had heard several times in the G, I switched the fader to Rear and all I got was treble!! Pretty sad that my extra 100 Watts of Bass is just gone but soon it shall be fixed!

Has anyone else had this happen yet?

Edit: Fixed! Changed the 15A fuse for the Bose Amp and whallla, back on! What a difference in the sound now!
Just happened on my non Bose....fuse not fixing the problem...annoying for a 3 week old car
Old 01-24-2008, 03:51 PM
dillyyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
After a few days of noticing low bass levels in songs I had heard several times in the G, I switched the fader to Rear and all I got was treble!! Pretty sad that my extra 100 Watts of Bass is just gone but soon it shall be fixed!

Has anyone else had this happen yet?

Edit: Fixed! Changed the 15A fuse for the Bose Amp and whallla, back on! What a difference in the sound now!
Maybe you didn't realize, but you have two amps with the premium system. MOst likely, the small amp, which powers the 6x9 woofers on the deck, was blown and replacing it allowed the amp to operate again. The lack of bass was because the rear sides are only 3.25 inch mid range speakers with the rear deck 6x9 providing the lower bass octaves.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyyo
Maybe you didn't realize, but you have two amps with the premium system. MOst likely, the small amp, which powers the 6x9 woofers on the deck, was blown and replacing it allowed the amp to operate again. The lack of bass was because the rear sides are only 3.25 inch mid range speakers with the rear deck 6x9 providing the lower bass octaves.
I realized, but on the fuse panel it says BOSE Amp, so I replaced that. When I think about it now I'm not really sure if it was blown since many other people have started saying there not getting a lot of bass from the rear deck like the G35s. But now I have a W6 in the trunk so got plenty of bass!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 AM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just an update, yes, two amps (bose and subwoofer), and looks like two fuses for the Bose system overall.
My BOSE Deck no longer works!-090504-infiniti-bose-fuses-capture.jpg