Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Side camera firmware is in our cars.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:55 AM
SilkeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the discussion about this sideview mirror camera, especially page 3 of this thread '08 SCoupe. Notice which direction it's pointed. Hopefully, the lower black portion of the mirror can be modified to accommodate this camera for North America. Likely new wiring will be needed if we want it on our passenger side.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:18 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
I know a few people have stated intrest in getting the 370gt side mirror camera. I was originally told the US cars didnt have the firmware in them for using the side camera. But after a member posted the self check system for our cars and browsing through the camera section in that it states about the side view camera. So i am assuming we have the firmware already in the cars. So what we need to find out is do we have the connection in the car to plug up the side camera. If so I am ordering my camera asap....
Sorry UNV-IT46, but I am not so sure about this. Infiniti more than likely uses the same software for all the Gs to include the Sedan and GT370. I think we need to have someone take off their side mirror to see if their is a connector there. Maybe Jason can have someone check their allocation car. Or one of the forum members who likes to take things apart can try. I hope it has it.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by SilkeG
Check the discussion about this sideview mirror camera, especially page 3 of this thread '08 SCoupe. Notice which direction it's pointed. Hopefully, the lower black portion of the mirror can be modified to accommodate this camera for North America. Likely new wiring will be needed if we want it on our passenger side.
yes i know the camera points towards the front wheel. Already knew that. The only reason i dont think you will be able to switch just the lower portion is due to the camera and the electronics there has to be more room in the housing to fit everything. if nissan kept things simple with all the cars then if wires are already present its going to be on the US drivers side which would be the JDM passanger side. For instance My E46 M3 had many parts in it that were universial for any market either RHD or LHD.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Sorry UNV-IT46, but I am not so sure about this. Infiniti more than likely uses the same software for all the Gs to include the Sedan and GT370. I think we need to have someone take off their side mirror to see if their is a connector there. Maybe Jason can have someone check their allocation car. Or one of the forum members who likes to take things apart can try. I hope it has it.
i'm not sure what your disagreeing with. I already contacted jason about this and am awaiting an answer. The reason I am confused right now is I have a contact in Japan for Nissan and what he told me was that the US spec car did not have the Firmware to run the camera. But like I stated when screwing around with the system I came across the side view camera option.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 PM
G-WIZ KID

Yeh. That would be pimp. Does anyone know if ou can add the backup camera if you don't have the navi. Do I hav to hav a navi to intall it?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

i'm not sure what your disagreeing with. I already contacted jason about this and am awaiting an answer. The reason I am confused right now is I have a contact in Japan for Nissan and what he told me was that the US spec car did not have the Firmware to run the camera. But like I stated when screwing around with the system I came across the side view camera option.
I am not really disagreeing with you exactly. We just need to see if the connections are available on the side mirrors. It just makes sense to me that the firmware would be on all the new Gs but not necessarily the connection.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
UNV-IT46

I am not really disagreeing with you exactly. We just need to see if the connections are available on the side mirrors. It just makes sense to me that the firmware would be on all the new Gs but not necessarily the connection.
oh ok i understand. I contacted jason and am just awaiting a response.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
UNV-IT46

well i spoke to jason. He wasnt really able to help much as he doesnt really know of he camera will work on our cars either.He did say he could get me the mirror for me to test out.... the search continues.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

well i spoke to jason. He wasnt really able to help much as he doesnt really know of he camera will work on our cars either.He did say he could get me the mirror for me to test out.... the search continues.
Hey UNV-IT46, have you tried to take off the side mirrors yet to see if the connection is there? Also, the mirrors should be something we can order from Infiniti of Japan right?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
UNV-IT46

Hey UNV-IT46, have you tried to take off the side mirrors yet to see if the connection is there? Also, the mirrors should be something we can order from Infiniti of Japan right?
No i have not tried removing the mirror yet. Honestly have no idea how to do that on this car. I have not really toyed around with removing many things yet. I am sure you can order from infiniti japan but jason over at riverside said he can get them too. I would think it's easier to go through him
Old 01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^Ya and probably cheaper.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 AM
mw09g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any follow up to this?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 PM
fkat
Registered Member

I see that 2010 has a power folding side mirrors. I'd love to get this and camera option on my 2008.