Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

FIBERGLASS... all who are INTERESTED come inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM
KRAZY J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FIBERGLASS... all who are INTERESTED come inside

How about all us G37 owners out here that want custom audio work done in our trunks put our money together so we can get some discounts on speakers,subs,amps and that fiberglass (custom made)?.... Just a great thought!

Heres what i want in my trunk

1 Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300
2 10inch Memphis M3 MOJOs

Does anyone want a similar set up?
Old 01-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post In The Right Section!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 AM
KRAZY J

This Is How I Want My Custom Audio 2 Look! Price Tag Please

Does anyone know how much sumthin like this would cost?... the only thing I want different with mine is that ill only have one Memphis belle 16mcd1300 amp and 2 10inch subs instead of the 2amps and 2 12inch subs like below!...

Old 01-09-2008, 07:44 AM
DoubleParadoxx

The last time I was talking with my installer about custom vinyl competition grade trunk installs he was talking several thousand on the labor alone.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is my system I had in my maxima...
I wanna say Labor was around 800-1000.
This was my Loudest system that Ive had...It was also the 1st
system the I specifically picked to go together. But every now and
then it really sucked not having a trunk... live and learn
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 AM
RedlineSi

Why would you want to lose all of your trunk space? It's not like the G has a tone of room in the first place.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by DoubleParadoxx
The last time I was talking with my installer about custom vinyl competition grade trunk installs he was talking several thousand on the labor alone.
how about if I do it myself?... cheaper? is it eazy? does it come with manuals?lol
Old 01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
tampa pb

if you are a carpenter and an electricion on the side, then yeah.. it will be easy.

seriously though, why would u want to loose that trunk room. one thing i love about the G37 is that it has a FULL spare. you would have to take that out, and then what? i have had a blowout before, and i will never take a spare (or full) out of my car. It looks AMAZING, but i dont think it would be worth the sacrifice. if i go food shopping, where do i put my frozen food? not on the leather.. i dont want anything wet on there. and we dont have much cloth in the car...

but anyway, it is an expensive instal, because it will take several hours, and prob a couple days in the shop. this is not an in and out 2 hours later intsall. if you want the best possible answer, just print out that picture, or write down the URL, or email it to yourself, and take it to a big audio chain. they might charge more than another shop, but it will give you a realistic ESTMATE for pricing.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by tampa pb
if you are a carpenter and an electricion on the side, then yeah.. it will be easy.

seriously though, why would u want to loose that trunk room. one thing i love about the G37 is that it has a FULL spare. you would have to take that out, and then what? i have had a blowout before, and i will never take a spare (or full) out of my car. It looks AMAZING, but i dont think it would be worth the sacrifice. if i go food shopping, where do i put my frozen food? not on the leather.. i dont want anything wet on there. and we dont have much cloth in the car...

but anyway, it is an expensive instal, because it will take several hours, and prob a couple days in the shop. this is not an in and out 2 hours later intsall. if you want the best possible answer, just print out that picture, or write down the URL, or email it to yourself, and take it to a big audio chain. they might charge more than another shop, but it will give you a realistic ESTMATE for pricing.
Dude that's what INFINITI ROAD ASSISTANCE CARD(24-HOUR ASSISTANCE)is for! U mean too tell me u brought a 40K plus car and your scared of a flat even tho Infiniti will come 2 u our tow yo **** 2 the nearest Infiniti dealer?!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by KRAZY J
Dude that's what INFINITI ROAD ASSISTANCE CARD(24-HOUR ASSISTANCE)is for! U mean too tell me u brought a 40K plus car and your scared of a flat even tho Infiniti will come 2 u our tow yo **** 2 the nearest Infiniti dealer?!
that is correct. ever had to use that service? i hope that you enjoy waiting on a highway with cars flying past you at 80MPH for 1 hour... then get to the dealership and have them do what? you dont have your spare. they wont just give you another wheel and tire.. they will charge you - a lot.

or.. you can just change it yourself and be on your way

your call, i guess i would rather be safe than have my mirrors shake from bass.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that setup looks ok. get suede and fiberrglass
Old 01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AAA guys.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by tampa pb
that is correct. ever had to use that service? i hope that you enjoy waiting on a highway with cars flying past you at 80MPH for 1 hour... then get to the dealership and have them do what? you dont have your spare. they wont just give you another wheel and tire.. they will charge you - a lot.

or.. you can just change it yourself and be on your way

your call, i guess i would rather be safe than have my mirrors shake from bass.
I thought we all had warrantys on those tires?! why would they charge me?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 AM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by KRAZY J
I thought we all had warrantys on those tires?! why would they charge me?
no sir. there is never a warranty on tires. that is wear and tear. you can PURCHASE the extended warranty for the wheel and tire package for the car. this basicly means that if you have a blowout or something, or tire goes flat, and there is damage to the rim because of that.. then the RIM will be reaired/replaced.

but tires are definately not covered- ever.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Dude your looking at $1500+ for something like that + your systems + install. Not going to be cheap.

Quick Reply: FIBERGLASS... all who are INTERESTED come inside