Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Jus got my MEMPHIS SUBWOOFERS INSTALLED... JESUS CHRIST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
KRAZY J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jus got my MEMPHIS SUBWOOFERS INSTALLED...

2 Memphis M1-104 size 10's $399
1 Rt Dual 10 $99
1 Ms 4gkit $59
1 Pie Mfi 55 $69
1 Memphis MCD 500.1 $399
and Install Amp & Box (labor charge) $100

Now if u add that up it comes to $1,125.00

However dude told me he would give me everything including install for 1K even!

Now what's funny is I went to the same Audio shop (company) in another city near by and dude told me it would cost $1,500-2000.... WHAT A SAVE HUH?

NOW TO THE PERFOMANCE.... Lets jus say I think my Infiniti logo is gonna fall off sooner than lata! I also hope I don't crush my bac up camera becuz of all dat trunk crinklin lol.... yall should see how my trunk sucks n and out and how my roof wigles! yes I said it wigles rofl.... ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO STOP ALL DAT DAMN RATTLING THO?

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 01-11-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:32 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^make sure you post pics of the set up...you will be getting a "this thread is worthless with pics" real soon. To stop the rattle, get some dynamat. It will cost you another $300-500 to do that but it will sound better and you won't have that rattle that makes the system sound cheap.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:38 PM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^make sure you post pics of the set up...you will be getting a "this thread is worthless with pics" real soon. To stop the rattle, get some dynamat. It will cost you another $300-500 to do that but it will sound better and you won't have that rattle that makes the system sound cheap.

Cheap ha.... there's no way it sounds like a cheap system even with the rattles... it sounds like a 2K system that the car can't handle! that's what it sounds and feels like! MONEY WELL SPENT INDEED!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by KRAZY J
Cheap ha.... there's no way it sounds like a cheap system even with the rattles... it sounds like a 2K system that the car can't handle! that's what it sounds and feels like! MONEY WELL SPENT INDEED!
Trust me, if your system rattles then any audio enthusiast will look the other way. A car that rattles due to the audio system sounds cheap. If a car drives by you with a bass heavy system and you don't hear rattling or minimal rattle, it sounds like a great system and shows that the owner knows how to take car and install his equipment. A car that rattle due to the system makes it look cheap and makes the owner look cheap. This is the best way to think about it: If you see two G37 that are exactly the same but on it cleaned and polished, and the other one has mud and water stains all over it. The are both worth $40000 dollars but the one that is dirty will always look cheaper that the clean polished one. The polished one can actually look more expensive. The same thing goes for your sound system, TRUST ME!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:17 PM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll do the honors.....

Old 12-28-2007, 09:24 PM
KRAZY J

Trust me, if your system rattles then any audio enthusiast will look the other way. A car that rattles due to the audio system sounds cheap. If a car drives by you with a bass heavy system and you don't hear rattling or minimal rattle, it sounds like a great system and shows that the owner knows how to take car and install his equipment. A car that rattle due to the system makes it look cheap and makes the owner look cheap. This is the best way to think about it: If you see two G37 that are exactly the same but on it cleaned and polished, and the other one has mud and water stains all over it. The are both worth $40000 dollars but the one that is dirty will always look cheaper that the clean polished one. The polished one can actually look more expensive. The same thing goes for your sound system, TRUST ME!
dude I'm in the hood... no one really cares about rattle.... its actually kinda cool around these parts ya dig!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^^Bro, people in the hood care care about rattle, maybe not as much but you will see an increase in compliments if it don't rattle. I grew up in the hoods of Colorado (Denver & the Springs) wasn't near as bad as other places but I had a GeoMetro with a bomb @ss system that cost a lot more than the car. The dang thing could hit and this was before dynamat. I had a lot of compliments on the system but not nearly as many as a friend who got had his car dynomated (after it came out or popular). My system hit a little harder then his but his system sounded better and sound professional because it didn't rattle. Old school Ghetto didn't care about rattle but the Ghetto today will notice. You will still get compliments but not as many. The Ghetto likes quality too. Why do you think you see so many cars with hooked up rims and nice systems that cost more than the car (that was me with my system). That is what being Ghetto is all about.

To each there own though...enjoy the system!

Last edited by bboysteele; 12-29-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
ucla bruin

I refuse to post before I see some pictures.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:45 AM
KRAZY J

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I refuse to post before I see some pictures.

dude I broke my damn camera.... but u can see my car on myspace @ myspace.com/krazyjnva

So wheneva I can get my hands on a camera via a friend or sumthin ill thro dem up!... It jus a reggie setp. a double size 10 box with the amp behind it.... and it Rockz! I can almost not even hear what people are sayin on my cds becuz its so much bass lol.. maybe I need to adjust the settings a bit
Old 12-29-2007, 11:40 AM
08G37S

Trust me, if your system rattles then any audio enthusiast will look the other way. A car that rattles due to the audio system sounds cheap. If a car drives by you with a bass heavy system and you don't hear rattling or minimal rattle, it sounds like a great system and shows that the owner knows how to take car and install his equipment.
+1000. This is the first thing I actually listen for when I hear a system.....99.9% of the time the rattle is there, and I laugh.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:46 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just dynamat it and reduce the rattling. keep the bass how you like it
Old 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Chosen37

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 08G37S
+1000. This is the first thing I actually listen for when I hear a system.....99.9% of the time the rattle is there, and I laugh.
Same hear. The rattle just kills it for me.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:36 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
It only rattles outside the car, big deal. The speakers are meant to be heard from the inside not outside the car.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
It only rattles outside the car, big deal. The speakers are meant to be heard from the inside not outside the car.
so very wrong. if i had one complaint about this car, it would be the stock audio. in the car, it gets just as lound as i want it.

when i open the door, and stand right outside, it is weak. very weak.

if you are IN the car, and you dont plan on causing hearing impairment, then the stock system is fine. anyone who puts in an aftermarket audio setup in this car will be doing it for the people outside of the car, weather it is to impress girls, or friends, or for show. but for yourself, the stock system is enough to let you enjoy your music.

rattling = cheap. the "hood" people who might claim they like rattle are the same people who think that the ideal life is slapping ho's and the ideal job is selling drugs. if that is what you are into, fine.. but i doubt u will find many who appreciate that lifestyle on this forum.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:27 AM
6sp-G37

wow man 1,000 on a system... better be a kick *** set up or i'll have to kick you for spending that much just on audio!

BTW dont get dynamat... it doesnt really work all that well, people just buy it for the name!! To tell you the truth there is no way around the annoying rattle of the trunk. I do suggest putting foam behind the liecense plate so it will reduce a bit. Other than that your SOL!

Last edited by 6sp-G37; 12-31-2007 at 12:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Jus got my MEMPHIS SUBWOOFERS INSTALLED... JESUS CHRIST!!!