Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

To all you g37 experts out there...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:54 PM
DoubleParadoxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
P.S. At least for the 6MT, there's a little hole on the left side of the armrest that allows you to leave the cable out with the armrest down.
Awesome tip! I never noticed this. I was running it out the back where it seemed to pinch the least.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:41 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
AS far as scrolling to an Artist/Song with the Infiniti connector, not an easy way. The only solution is to unplug, scroll with iPod wheel and the reconnect. I just put my iPod on shuffle and that's that.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
I'm the one who came up with the 'create a genre for each artist' a few months back. Smart playlists wont work as you might expect as they'll lump ALL A albums together showing just the songs in one big a$$ list so genre is the only way to go.. and yes it works quite well.

good luck
john
What does that mean? If I were to make a smart playlist that would contain all artists that start with "A" it would not show up like that? It would just lump all the songs by those artists in one group? For real?

Is your create a genre for each artist idea any better? Can you give me details?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:18 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
AS far as scrolling to an Artist/Song with the Infiniti connector, not an easy way. The only solution is to unplug, scroll with iPod wheel and the reconnect. I just put my iPod on shuffle and that's that.
What would unplugging, navigating to the song you want and then plugging back in accomplish?
Old 12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Um allowing you to scroll to an artist towards the end of you library.. Some of us have 7000+ songs, and scrolling with the *** takes a long time.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by thexfactor
What does that mean? If I were to make a smart playlist that would contain all artists that start with "A" it would not show up like that? It would just lump all the songs by those artists in one group? For real?

Is your create a genre for each artist idea any better? Can you give me details?
a playlist on the g37s system is a group of songs. a smart playlist of artists with a hardcoded genre of A would dump you into a huge list of songs by all those artists where as genre is handled differently in the g's interface as it breaks genres down into artists/albums. Before knowing this i created a smart list for every alpha character.. no go in the G.

hope that helps
john
Old 12-11-2007, 09:48 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Um allowing you to scroll to an artist towards the end of you library.. Some of us have 7000+ songs, and scrolling with the *** takes a long time.
So if you unplug the ipod, scroll to the song you want, press play, and plug it back in, the song that WAS playing will continue playing once connected??
Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thexfactor
So if you unplug the ipod, scroll to the song you want, press play, and plug it back in, the song that WAS playing will continue playing once connected??
Yes.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
a playlist on the g37s system is a group of songs. a smart playlist of artists with a hardcoded genre of A would dump you into a huge list of songs by all those artists where as genre is handled differently in the g's interface as it breaks genres down into artists/albums. Before knowing this i created a smart list for every alpha character.. no go in the G.

hope that helps
john
Wow, confusing. So let me see if I got this right: If I created a smart playlist containing artists starting with "A," once I clicked on it in my car, i wouldn't see Artist/Song structure, but, rather I would only see ALL songs by artists starting with "A," correct? Meaning I would see: Playlist ---> All songs by artists starting with "A."

However, you're saying if I created a smart playlist by genre, then i would have the Artist/Song structure once I click on the playlist? Meaning I would see: Playlist ----> Artist ----> Song ??
Old 12-11-2007, 11:01 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is whack. I see Ford Focus commercials where all someone has to say is "Play artist <artist name>" and it plays their music. We have a car that's worth nearly triple that and we don't get this feature??
Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 AM
cartman13

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
This is whack. I see Ford Focus commercials where all someone has to say is "Play artist <artist name>" and it plays their music. We have a car that's worth nearly triple that and we don't get this feature??
This was actually done to protect the privacy of infiniti owners... so that your passenger can not just say "Play artist, Tiffany" and laugh at you....
Old 02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by cartman13
This was actually done to protect the privacy of infiniti owners... so that your passenger can not just say "Play artist, Tiffany" and laugh at you....
Lol....if nothing else...you have to give Ford props for a funny commercial

Genre lists are the only way to go. Didn't know the playlist option would just lump all the songs into one group...though that makes sense. Guess I'll have to stop suggesting both ways.