Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

HELP !! Car won't start......

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:33 PM
hopgo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
HELP !! Car won't start......

Here's the story....After having a sub and amp installed in the car it won't start. The battery was disconnected for about 4 hours. The only wiring was a hot lead off the battery and the line-out speaker wires in the back. it was done at a very reputable shop. The key fob (I tried both of them) will unlock the doors and turn the ignition to the on and acc position, but I get a yellow flashing "key" light and it won't start......ANY IDEAS?? I really appreciate any help.....the other option is to have it towed to the dealer.......
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Weird, well it sounds like the battery is not dead.. I think most likely they might have set off a security feature that disabled that car from starting. With that said, maybe try an ECU reset (or re-disconnect the battery) and see what that does. Due let us know what happend/how it was resolved.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:47 PM
hopgo

Tried that....no luck..............Not a happy camper.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Sounds like you may need to get your i-keys programmed again?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you try putting the key in the slot on the dash?

just one more option to try
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
hopgo

I did try the key in the dash,,,,no luck. I also tried both keys with no luck which means it might be the settings that send the signal to the key fob to start the car??
Old 12-10-2007, 11:58 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IP37
did you try putting the key in the slot on the dash?

just one more option to try
^^I would try this before towing it to the dealer. You're suppose to be able to do this when your key fob dies to start the car. You might also want to check to see if you can open/close the door by touching the button on the door. That uses the key fob and not the remote transmitter for the unlock/lock on the key fob. If that doesn't work then it sounds like the coding might have been lost or messed up when they installed the system. I doubt it is your key fobs but the actual coding on the car.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:10 AM
hopgo

What is the process of resetting the coding in the car itself?? Thank goodness for roadside assistance....towing.....
Old 12-11-2007, 12:15 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hopgo
What is the process of resetting the coding in the car itself?? Thank goodness for roadside assistance....towing.....
Not sure but I think the dealership can do it or at least they should be able to. So you were not able to open or close the door by pressing the button on the door?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
hopgo

I don't know about the door issue....the car is not at my home now........I'll check that out in the morning.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

hopgo, How was this issue resolved?? What was the problem/cause? Let us you know..
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 AM
gringstarr

WOW... i'm ordering my car today.. riiight before i get ready to go to the dealership.. i read this bomb.. it's getting me nervous now... btw i hope you get ur car fixed asap.. and good luck..
Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gringstarr
WOW... i'm ordering my car today.. riiight before i get ready to go to the dealership.. i read this bomb.. it's getting me nervous now... btw i hope you get ur car fixed asap.. and good luck..
I am not sure what your fear and tripidation is concerning this post. Please remember the original poster took his car, which presumably was operating fine, to have stereo equipment installed. Even though the shop was reputable, this is a brand new vehicle, and, unless the local people have had any experience with a 2007 G35 sedan, all of this will be new to them. The electronics in this car are very sophisticated. My preference is to have people learn on others' cars, not mine.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
gringstarr

i know i know.. it's trippy reading the thread title(not complaining).. but it's all good.. good luck again..
Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

SO whats the verdict dude did you get your car fixed... Its been a few days, let us know why it wouldn't start!

Quick Reply: HELP !! Car won't start......