Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Get XM cheap after the trial period

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Kuningan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Taktix1
thanks for the headsup. I'll make sure to double check my CC statement!
Do check - after they overcharged me I finally got a credit of $72, which they then did NOT credit back to my mastercard. I checked the next months statement, didn't see the credit, and had to call back to get them to finally actually give me the money back. They were holding it as a credit towards my next renewal. I don't think so.

I'll be checking next months cc statement closely, yet again. I got a price I'm happy with, but it has turned into some work.

re: Navigation. Love it for Houston. I had to drive a different car the other day and felt lost without it.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
rcharles

Originally Posted by MoDat
Woa there!

We need some more info. Did you bargain? What did the convo go like?

Be specific
Originally Posted by Taktix1
wow...details?
Well I have told them I was not interested the last few times they called after my trial expired. They called last night and the guy started talking and I hadnt said a word, about 30 seconds in to his speel he said "$64 a year and I will waive the re-activation fee" after he said that I couldnt help but go for it. I was actually thinking that day on getting the Sirius unit from Gruppes since my other car has sirius (which I got for $24 a year ) but after his offer I couldnt refuse. I will watch my billing statement though.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
js3350z

I am pretty sure there is a merger going between sirius & xm, supposedly the price is going to be lowered (maybe even lower then the terms they are "settling " on now)
Old 07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
ryanwolf

Script worked like a charm... never even had to mention the code...
They also gave me one month's rate at 12.95 discounted from the total for purchasing a full years in advance. Kuddos to everyone for making this discount public information...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:40 AM
axylus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to get 5 months for $19.99 a few days ago.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:00 PM
JDM

my free trail is about to end, any special offers??
Old 07-23-2008, 11:42 PM
wrathletik1

Hey, just wondering...I'm well into my 4th month and my XM is still working. You think I'll get a bill in the mail later, or am I lucky (knock on wood).
Old 07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
weave

She gave it to me with no issues......1st try
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM
djaugust

77/year

Called tonight and had no problem with the $77 year offer. The CSR did say that they started working on new computers today as part of the merger.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:12 PM
conmanx420

I just wanted to give a quick update that this $77/year offer still stands.

After my initial free trial they offered me $4.99/mo for the next 3 months so I'm currently on that plan. Since that was expiring next month I asked them to let the service run out. They asked for a the reason, and I just simply stated that I'm not willing to pay the full price.

The lady then checked with her "supervisor" for like 5 seconds to see if anything else was available for me, and then offered me the $77/year or something around $39 for 6 months.

In fact. she actually offered the same thing I'm currently on ($4.99/mo for another 3 months) but I didn't want to keep track of it and jump through the same hoop just to save a total of $4.23 over the 3 months.

So for those of you who might still be on the free trial...you could technically get it a little bit cheaper than $77/year if you're willing to deal with the upkeep. Good luck!

Also, big thanks to OP and anyone else to contributed to making this info known!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

I recently signed up for the 3 month deal which was $50.62 or something similar in change for 3 months for XM Radio and XM Traffic. Is that an expensive price for both of those for 3 months?

Because when my Trial version ran out I just told them I bought a new car and I had a 3 month trial from the dealership and I wanted to continue to use the service and they told me it was $50 every 3 months. Is this the right price?

I was looking at this thread and I see that some of you are paying 77 bucks for the whole year?? Is that just for XM Radio? Can someone give me more info and let me know if I'm paying to much for XM Traffic and XM Radio, it was $50 for 3 months once again.

And also anyone know more info on the XM Weather they released and if our cars can use that feature?

Thanks alot.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
pancho34

Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz
I recently signed up for the 3 month deal which was $50.62 or something similar in change for 3 months for XM Radio and XM Traffic. Is that an expensive price for both of those for 3 months?

Because when my Trial version ran out I just told them I bought a new car and I had a 3 month trial from the dealership and I wanted to continue to use the service and they told me it was $50 every 3 months. Is this the right price?

I was looking at this thread and I see that some of you are paying 77 bucks for the whole year?? Is that just for XM Radio? Can someone give me more info and let me know if I'm paying to much for XM Traffic and XM Radio, it was $50 for 3 months once again.

And also anyone know more info on the XM Weather they released and if our cars can use that feature?

Thanks alot.
yes they are offering $77 for 12 months i have the xm radio in my g37 and the wifes g37
Old 08-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

Ok so how do I get them to give me that price?

And also is that for radio and traffic or just radio? Then how much is traffic?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 PM
bfranks

Originally Posted by Meltdownblitz

Thanks alot.
You are paying near full price for 3 months. You can do much better then that. The weather service is more for marine ( we use it on our boats), so not sure how useful it is, if at all, on land.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Meltdownblitz
Registered Member

So my trial should be up within a week, what shall I do? Cancel then order it again?

Quick Reply: Get XM cheap after the trial period