Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

no 6 CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Mike6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37_6MT
The hard drive has built in write-protect software that disables ripping MP3 songs. You can only play MP3 songs from either the compact flash or a CD.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Yea, it supports mp3 CDs, which is what I'm going to do. Just burn a few and store it on the hard drive then you're good to go without hooking up the pod. Sweet.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but only Audio CD's can be ripped. Thus, it totally defeats the purpose of having the hard drive since it is a pain in the ***.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:50 PM
mal_TX

The iPod doesn't hang out of the arm rest... at least my nano doesn't. It fits in the console along with a few other things I store in there like my cell phone charger. Nobody would ever know it is in there unless they open the console and look.

iPod is the best route for a lot reasons. The musicbox has moving vehicle lock-outs in addition to the stupid redbook CD-only ripping.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by gmlee86
You rip your audio cd's on to the hard drive. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure its a slow and painful process.
I just did this last night. U2 - Joshua Tree; best album of ALL time IMHO.

Very simple and painless to do. Just hit the 'rec' button after inserting the CD. It starts right away (and plays ast the same time). Whole process took about 5 minutes from start to finish. And it even does a CDDB lookup to tag the music once on the HDD.

Works great for me.

Folks.. please do a 'SEARCH' here. The limitations and features of loading the HDD have been taked about before. Remember.. 'search'.. is your friend!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:40 PM
dklas2k

Each song takes an average 45 seconds to burn onto the hardrive. If there are songs on the CD you don't want, you'll have to delete the tracks individually once burned on the hard drive. As far as the iPod, I just create an "on the go" playlist for my car and that way, I'm not scrolling through thousands of songs to find the one I want to listen to.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds like it's time to create that on-the-go playlist on the ipod. thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 PM
mal_TX

Ooh don't forget that if the musicbox identifies your CD (three of my pearljam cds identified the same) wrong you are screwed.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Greddy37

the thing that sucks is that u have to manually put in the song titles and artists
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Greddy37
the thing that sucks is that u have to manually put in the song titles and artists
u could update the titles via the compact flash
Old 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

here's the link: http://www.infiniti.ca/en/general/ow...ate/index.html
Old 12-06-2007, 01:19 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by smoothieboy
u could update the titles via the compact flash
Sucks about not being able to rip mp3 cd's to the hard drive, but I was more hoping I could just transfer them from a SD card to the hard drive... but I'm guessing that's not possible either...?

I don't have a G37 yet, (have an 04' 350Z right now) but I'm test driving a G37 this Saturday, even though they don't have the color I want... Liquid Platinum.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:16 PM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PainProphet
Sucks about not being able to rip mp3 cd's to the hard drive, but I was more hoping I could just transfer them from a SD card to the hard drive... but I'm guessing that's not possible either...?

I don't have a G37 yet, (have an 04' 350Z right now) but I'm test driving a G37 this Saturday, even though they don't have the color I want... Liquid Platinum.
nope! it's compact flash..not sd card, but yea...it's prob b/c the copyright issue

enjoy the test drove!!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:27 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by smoothieboy
nope! it's compact flash..not sd card, but yea...it's prob b/c the copyright issue

enjoy the test drove!!!!!
Argh, that sucks. Do you guys know the maximum capacity that the compact flash slot can handle? I'm used to using SD cards and I know some drives can only handle a 2gb, like my old treo 650, but my treo 700 can do 4gb and I think 8gb. Just curious.

Thanks! I know I'll love the test drive, is it my area, or does it seem like Liquid Platinum G37's are scarce?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PainProphet
Argh, that sucks. Do you guys know the maximum capacity that the compact flash slot can handle? I'm used to using SD cards and I know some drives can only handle a 2gb, like my old treo 650, but my treo 700 can do 4gb and I think 8gb. Just curious.

Thanks! I know I'll love the test drive, is it my area, or does it seem like Liquid Platinum G37's are scarce?
The slot will only take 2 GB Maximum anything more and it either wont work or will only let you use 2 GB of the space
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by Raheel
The slot will only take 2 GB Maximum anything more and it either wont work or will only let you use 2 GB of the space
grr, that kinda sucks, but better than nothing, at least it has an interface for my ipod.

Thanks FO the INFO.

Quick Reply: no 6 CD changer?