Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Does Valet Mode Limit Revs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Anecdoter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Valet Mode Limit Revs?

Does anyone know if the Valet Mode acts like a rev limiter or does it just simply prevent access to the trunk and glovebox?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubt it
Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When you go valet, the driver is supposed to keep the Intelligent Key...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM
siug37

Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
When you go valet, the driver is supposed to keep the Intelligent Key...
umm no.. thats wrong.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by siug37
umm no.. thats wrong.
not wrong you flick the switch in the glove box that deactivates the trunk then you take the key out of the fob lock the glove box leave the fob with the valet and keep the key. RTM
Old 11-26-2007, 11:03 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by siug37
umm no.. thats wrong.
No, you're the one that's wrong. How do think they're going to start the car when they get your car?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Solution: Never valet your G37. Why would you want someone messing with your car. There is always an option to not valet. Sometimes you just have to drive the car for them.

I never give my keys up.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 AM
sardento

I'm with Blackjack!! I will never valet. If the dent or scratch your car what do they care. i also park at the far end of arking lots to be sure some ******* in a monster SUV doent park next to me and swing their door open into my car. All the apologies and I'm sorrys in the world do not remove a dent or scratch. Better safe then sorry
Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think when he said intelligent key, he meant the actual KEY that slides out.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:16 AM
siug37

Sorry I read it wrong.. I took.. "the driver" to mean.. the owner of the car..
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Our rims, especially the 19 Sport ones are easy to curb and scratch....door dings...scratches.....dude takin the car for a quick spin...lotta little risks with valet that i will not ever be taking...i usually find good parking on my own or park either secluded or near friends that know to open their doors carefully near my car.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Anecdoter

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Solution: Never valet your G37. Why would you want someone messing with your car. There is always an option to not valet. Sometimes you just have to drive the car for them.

I never give my keys up.
You're right, that is solution for when you want to go to a restaurant. But when you take your car in for servicing, you usually have to give somebody the keys at some point. If valet mode included a rev limiter, I wouldn't have to worry about some porter at the dealership trying to do burnouts around the corner.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Our rims, especially the 19 Sport ones are easy to curb and scratch....door dings...scratches.....dude takin the car for a quick spin...lotta little risks with valet that i will not ever be taking...i usually find good parking on my own or park either secluded or near friends that know to open their doors carefully near my car.
In some areas of LA or Hollywood, that's near impossible to do. Most valet services (if not all) have policies that free them from accountability of any damage to your car. Although I see plenty of cars going through valet that are just as nice or nicer, I'm hesitant to take my car there on the weekends unless I can park the car myself or at least see the person valet the car.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:35 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
In some areas of LA or Hollywood, that's near impossible to do. Most valet services (if not all) have policies that free them from accountability of any damage to your car. Although I see plenty of cars going through valet that are just as nice or nicer, I'm hesitant to take my car there on the weekends unless I can park the car myself or at least see the person valet the car.
Yeah good point. As nice as LA Hollywood and Manhattan are...I guess parking wise and free space wise the suburban sprawl of South East Michigan is a good thing for my G......

For the most part I assume valet is careful with rides...Thats really crappy that many of them have policies against accountability to damage.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Anecdoter
You're right, that is solution for when you want to go to a restaurant. But when you take your car in for servicing, you usually have to give somebody the keys at some point. If valet mode included a rev limiter, I wouldn't have to worry about some porter at the dealership trying to do burnouts around the corner.
When I take any car to a dealer to do service, I have the service advisor do a walk around before they take the car to not anything so that IF when i get my car back, my rims are curbed, they will have to replace.

I also note the mileage. It's unlikely that they service people are going to go joy riding in your car. They have better things to do... like work. If you still don't feel comfortable, stay there and wait while they do the work so that you can monitor, but I wouldn't be worried about it at an Infiniti Dealership.

Quick Reply: Does Valet Mode Limit Revs?