Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Navigation went haywire!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Navigation went haywire!

As I was driving to Rite Aid today, I was playing the new Foo Fighters album that I ripped onto the hard drive this morning. I got there, parked, turned the car off, picked up some stuff, and walked back to my car. I turned on the engine and everything seemed fine. I put the shifter into reverse and my backup camera didn't engage and the screen stayed on the music box. I pressed the map button to switch screens, and the normal warning screen came on, and I clicked OK...except it didn't do anything and was stuck on that screen. Of course, I'm like WTF! So I put it back in neutral, turned the car off and back on again. This time, the screen goes to the music box, but there's no sound and I'm stuck on that screen. I figured the hell with it, so I drove off. About 5 minutes into my drive, the screen turned off for a second and the Infiniti logo appeared (I guess the system must've restarted). Now everything works fine again.

Since I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to sign my new contract anyway, I'll be sure to bring this up. But has anyone else had any experience like this?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:38 PM
sanscu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the 03 FX a few times. On the G37, maybe once. I pretty much just ignore this as long as it is back up and running.

Hope that helps. Also, if the dealer has a specific answer for this please post as others will be interested as well.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
916 type-s

The same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. But now everything is fine.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Same thing happend to me today as well... It was stuck on my iPOD, no sound, no functions worked, no climate control and it was cold!!! Luckily with me as well, after about 5 minutes it restarted.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:59 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahh classic symptoms of a first year new gen car...i was hopin and prayn that we could dodge the curse but nooo...we got pings and chirps from the axle...many of us got a rattle in the exhaust....and now navi goin berserk? hasnt happened to me yet but im sure it will...these are probably all things that will be fixed for 09. I am gonna be soo tempted to trade in for an 09 even though it will cost me!....We have it rough guys - come next year when newbies cop the 09 im sure that a lot of these quirks will be stabilized...

Im glad the Navi situation corrects itself though. Do U guys thing INF will offer something along the lines of "firmware/software" upgrades. I doubt it but would be nice.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:17 AM
chasemyaccord

Definitely bugs in the software. There should a firmware upgrade in the future that resolves this. If not, then I would think the warranty should cover a replacement unit this if it continues to become an issue in the future.

How many times has this happened to you guys?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
go4gr8

Wow..the whole process sounds like you're rebooting Windows XP.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
ahh classic symptoms of a first year new gen car...i was hopin and prayn that we could dodge the curse but nooo...we got pings and chirps from the axle...many of us got a rattle in the exhaust....and now navi goin berserk? hasnt happened to me yet but im sure it will...these are probably all things that will be fixed for 09. I am gonna be soo tempted to trade in for an 09 even though it will cost me!....We have it rough guys - come next year when newbies cop the 09 im sure that a lot of these quirks will be stabilized...

Im glad the Navi situation corrects itself though. Do U guys thing INF will offer something along the lines of "firmware/software" upgrades. I doubt it but would be nice.
A slight overreaction IMHO. My car has none of these issues. Trade in for an 09 for a couple of annoying issues? Come on now. It's not like we are seeing tire feathering, oil consumption, sub-par interior etc. We hardly have it rough.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
chasemyaccord

Haha, true, but then again, the car's only been out for a couple months. Give it several more and maybe we'll see other issues manifest. I certainly hope not...
Old 11-23-2007, 04:15 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Callaway
A slight overreaction IMHO. My car has none of these issues. Trade in for an 09 for a couple of annoying issues? Come on now. It's not like we are seeing tire feathering, oil consumption, sub-par interior etc. We hardly have it rough.
Very true
Old 11-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Definitely bugs in the software. There should a firmware upgrade in the future that resolves this. If not, then I would think the warranty should cover a replacement unit this if it continues to become an issue in the future.

How many times has this happened to you guys?
Just once for me... But I've only had the car for 1 week.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
chasemyaccord

Haha, I've had it for almost 5 days. If it continues at this rate, then I'll definitely need some kind of servicing done.

I talked to a service manager today and he said they'd fix it as long as there's proof that the incident occurred and that the glitch can be reproduced on the spot. Seeing how this occurs randomly, I'd try to capture it on a video phone or something as supporting evidence.