Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth PDA/Smart Phone Compatability

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
i have me a phone i like Nokia 6555, its in the "being tested" category on INFI's site and its been there a while. i think im SOL because it doesnt even pair with my phone. :-(
Update to above. I was just an idiot - I had forgot to go do the "prepare your vehicle part" I had just turned on my Bluetooth on my phone and hit "Phone" on my car's Navi controls thinking it would pair up magically.

Check your phone here

STEP #2: PREPARE YOUR VEHICLE
Press the "Settings" button
Select "Phone"
Select "Bluetooth Setup"
Select "Pair Phone"
Select desired entry (overwrite existing or new)

And then I had to go to search for audio enhancements in my phone's Bluetooth menu and Voila! it connected like a charm. Now I make and receive calls easily with my car and just leave the phone plugged in the charger in the armrest. People tell me they hear me great - and I hear them great. Also cool thing is with Bluetooth you can hear your personal ringtone via the car's speakers rather than be forced to hear a default car ringtone (which is boring but available)....One main downer is that I am manually creating my phonebook in the car's list. It stores only up to 40 so I will put just the 15-20 people I call most. Also oddly enough I dont think you can ABC order the phone book it just sits there in the list in the order u enter the names. So get it right the first time.

SWEET! I dont have to get a different phone. And INFI's slow research team should update their compatible phone list.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 PM
bitchnfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniRX7

I have an HTC Tytn 2...
Originally Posted by marsb007
your tytn II connects to your G37 without any bluetooth issues?

For me it's HORRIBLE sound... I can barely hear the people on the other end and no one can hear me!!!
I also have the TyTN II and just like marsb007 the sound is horendous. the only workaround i have been able to figure is to answer the call on the phone and then transfer it to the car. Once i do this then i can carry out the call and the quality is just ok. now for outbound calls it's a pain in the A$$, dial the number change the voice to the handset and then when the caller answers change back to the car.

I think this is really an issue with HTC phones instead of infinity. My old phone was an HTC Wizzard and i have tried it also with the same problems.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Brent72

Just got the new LG Voyager(Verizon's answer to the iPhone) and it works much better with the G37 than my previous phone, a Samsung a940. Just sharing my findings for anyone who might be looking at the LG.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM
gringstarr

sooooo if my phone (nokia N95) ain't on the infiniti website.. blue tooth features won't work?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gringstarr
sooooo if my phone (nokia N95) ain't on the infiniti website.. blue tooth features won't work?
Not necessarily...you have to try it to see. Infiniti just says that it hasn't been tested and shown to work.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
They probably only included phones that are new (within the last two years) but any Bluetooth phone should work. As far the Mogul goes, it just has BT problems period. Its not the car, any earpiece you buy its just the phone! My iPhone works lefectly, sounds awesome.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
xdram

anyone try a Treo 700w?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:28 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by xdram
anyone try a Treo 700w?
has anyone tried a Verizon Treo 700p? I don't have my G yet so I can't test it.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 PM
jaymes858

Well I hope they find faster ways to tests phone. I mean 3 months seems kind of long and my sprint mogul is STILL in the testing phase.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
brrrtpoypoy

I have the Blackberry 8830 and it works just fine when paired to my G.
I'm up in Canada so my service provider is different from most of you guys.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:36 PM
raptorius

Overall, how would you rate how you hear others/how others hear you on the car's bluetooth (on a scale of 1-10)?

For example, John calls me i can hear him as a 7 he hears me as a 6 so you would put thats as 7/6.

Just wanting to get other people's opinions on how well it works.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
brrrtpoypoy

Well i would have to say 9/9.
I've asked people when I'm talking to them what it sounds like on their end and all of them have said they thought I was on the phone (meaning not using a handsfree device).
Old 12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
black fx-45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raheel
Use mine Everyday, and even hooked up my iPhone to the iPod Cable and works flawlessly like a iPod
+++++1
Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bitchnfast
I also have the TyTN II and just like marsb007 the sound is horendous. the only workaround i have been able to figure is to answer the call on the phone and then transfer it to the car. Once i do this then i can carry out the call and the quality is just ok. now for outbound calls it's a pain in the A$$, dial the number change the voice to the handset and then when the caller answers change back to the car.

I think this is really an issue with HTC phones instead of infinity. My old phone was an HTC Wizzard and i have tried it also with the same problems.
Thats weird. Are your TyTN II's branded as the AT&T Tilts? Because mine is the unbranded HTC Kaiser (same phone) and it sounds fine for me. The only minor complaints I have about it are that it couldn't download my phonebook and that it doesn't show new text messages on the nav screen (although I'm not sure if any other car navs can do that).
Old 12-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Mike6mt

I have a Samsung a900 (Blade). Bluetooth works fine when talking but when people call their name shows up as private. Time for a new phone I guess.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth PDA/Smart Phone Compatability