Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Remote Start???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:37 PM
jbosey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dreamerzcc
I am in Hoover, AL. I found 2 shops that said they can make remote start happen on the factory key fob. Soundsgreat quoted $440 OTD and Audio Creations quoted $490 OTD. My birthday is in June I am gonna hold out for that cash and make it happen. I have used both shops for past audio systems, tint and alarm systems.

Thanks for the info Dreamerzcc, I am east of you near Pell City. I was just wondering the other day why the G37 has all the technology but no remote start. This is a mod that I really want! I wonder how they make the factory key fob work? Do you lose any feature?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:21 PM
adrianp89

This is accomplished pretty easily. All you need is the most basic starter system. You can get the Viper one for under $100 and a bypass module for around $50-60. Then you use a relay and connect the lock wire to the activation wire of the Viper unit. Program the unit to activate after 3 pulses, so then when you hit Lock three times on your factory key fob the car will start. We did this on my girlfriends Q50. Rather simple to pull off, really should cost $300 tops.
The following users liked this post:
OGtripleOG37 (06-09-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 AM
puff2ice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Installed this last weekend in my 2012 sedan with any issues. Factory OEM Remote Activated Plug and Play Remote Start for Select 2009-2014 Nissan and Infinity
Old 06-13-2015, 01:42 PM
jbosey

Originally Posted by puff2ice

How difficult was this to install? Do you have to take the dash apart? How long did it take you to install it? Does it start the car with 3 pushes of the lock button like I read? What is the approximate distance from the car that this will work? Sorry for all the questions but this inquiring mind need to know.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 PM
puff2ice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jbosey
How difficult was this to install? Do you have to take the dash apart? How long did it take you to install it? Does it start the car with 3 pushes of the lock button like I read? What is the approximate distance from the car that this will work? Sorry for all the questions but this inquiring mind need to know.
If you could do a basic car stereo install than you will be able to do this. There is a youtube video that walks you step by step. Since the installer knows what he is doing in the video, the guy hauls *** and I ended up pausing and rewinding at each step. There is no dash disassembly, but you do have to take off some of your trim in your foot well. The hardest part was tapping into the brake and door light cable....the cables are so tight its hard to get a good splice and there are probably 5 "beige" colored cables matching your door light cable. Other than those two things "tight cables" and guessing game with the door cable, it was an easy install. It works with the factory remote and so long as you have range to lock your car, it will work. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
OGtripleOG37 (06-15-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:23 PM
MacDeezy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most car audio places can install a remote start for you using your stock key FOB. I had a couple quote me around $500. There is an adapter that they install to your current system that makes your car start with 3 presses of the lock button on your key FOB. I would look into getting an aftermarket alarm system for that price though, they have a new one out that can lock/unlock your doors and start your car from up to a mile away with a status display on the remote.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Dreamerzcc

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the info Dreamerzcc, I am east of you near Pell City. I was just wondering the other day why the G37 has all the technology but no remote start. This is a mod that I really want! I wonder how they make the factory key fob work? Do you lose any feature?
Nope just 3 clicks to start. I am gonna buy the part listed above and do it myself.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Dreamerzcc

off topic but where in B'ham are you? I am in Hoover. Ever go to Cars and Coffee at Brookwood Mall on Saturday mornings?
Old 06-22-2015, 01:46 PM
jbosey

Originally Posted by Dreamerzcc
off topic but where in B'ham are you? I am in Hoover. Ever go to Cars and Coffee at Brookwood Mall on Saturday mornings?

I live near Pell City. I have never been or heard of Cars & Coffee at Brookwood Mall. I may have to drop in one Saturday.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Dreamerzcc

I live near Pell City. I have never been or heard of Cars & Coffee at Brookwood Mall. I may have to drop in one Saturday.
https://www.facebook.com/BhmCarsCoffee

Old 06-23-2015, 06:44 PM
amciner28

I would highly recommend a Compustar starter, specifically this one: 2-WAY Slice JR | RF-2W1B-SP | Remote Starters

The shop I had do this is one of the best in the business (I've seen them working on Ferarris, M6s, C7 Corvettes, etc.) and they said that Compustar works best with Infiniti and integrates better than Viper. They did the job for $500 and it's a 2 way starter with a 2,000 foot range that works with the key-less entry and proximity unlock features perfectly.

the problem with getting a starter put in the regular Infiniti intelligent key is the range is only 50 yards or less. For me, that doesn't do any good when you work in an office building and you are trying to start the car from your desk in the winter.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:24 AM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
guess you guys aren't following the dball xpresskit thread at all: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...installed.html

Fortin EVO kit now has a plugnplay solution as well: Infiniti G37 | Bypass and interface module | Fortin
Old 06-28-2015, 02:05 AM
MacDeezy

I say damn the "OEM" approach to remote start. Snag up one of these guys

Amazon.com: Python 5706P Responder LC3 SST 2-Way Security with Remote Start System: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Python 5706P Responder LC3 SST 2-Way Security with Remote Start System: Car Electronics

It has a huge range, has a temperature request... you press a button and see what the temp is inside of your car! Also, if your installer is not trying to rob you there are many things you can program it to. Adjust the AC up/down, etc.