Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Voice Recognition for Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:34 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok guys,
so wut options do u need to have to have the voice command for climate, audio and phone?

i have sport and premium and i have voice command for the phone. where do i go to setup for the other commands? or do i even have them?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:17 PM
DJG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to have the Navi option to have any of the voice commands for audio and climate
Old 10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by DJG35
I'm pretty sure you need to have the Navi option to have any of the voice commands for audio and climate
ohh ok i kinda figuredd too
thanx for the confirmation..
Old 10-19-2007, 04:52 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Found the disclaimer that Infiniti put in the manuals. However the advise to me is: just because someone claims to have the right to something doesn't necessary mean that they actually have that right from a courts perspective. For example, there are signs on the back of trucks that say "not responsible for broken windshields" etc, but that is actually false, they would be fully responsible if it was founded that tflying debris travelled from the truck to impact another vehicle.
Another argument is what if you were under the impression that you had certain safety features such as ABS and Infiniti decided to discontinue it without notice- that wouldn't fly in court. The bottom line is that this would be a matter for decision via llitigation if a consumer decided to pursue.

I know one thing for sure, my sales person told me specefically that those features would be avaiable on my vehicle.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, full-blown voice is only with Nav+

i remember reading that non-nav has voice controlled bluetooth only... i think.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:53 PM
J. Dub

I feel this should be stickied. So we can rally others to assist in doing something about it.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kahboom since you seem to be really involved in this, please keep us updated on this issue. I haven't really messed with my voice command setup yet but I am pretty sure that it is limited also. I was really excited about these voice commands when I bought this car so if there is a solution to fix this issue that someone finds then please let us know.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:25 PM
dezicartel

yeah, im interested in the outcome, if any, for this also. I have a limited command list and want the exhausted list, especially for the climate control function....please keep all of us posted.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:15 AM
OGtripleOG37
Registered Member

i test drove the g and the dealer showed me the voice commands for the climate control and it worked. it did have the navi package in it. when i get my g some time by the end of this year im gonna make sure the voice commands work. what should i look for? what do i say to check n see if it works? i think i remember the dealer saying "passenger 65 degrees" and it worked. is that the right wording or am i wrong?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 AM
IP37

2008 G35, G37, QX56; INFINITI VOICE RECOGNITION SYSTEM UPDATE

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2008 G35 Sedan (V36) with Navigation System
2008 G37 Coupe (CV36) with Navigation System
2008 QX56 (JA60) with Navigation System

SERVICE INFORMATION

The Applied Vehicles listed above had a running change to the Infiniti Voice Recognition System.

The newer system has a simplified “Standard Mode” (which is the default mode) and an “Alternate Command Mode” for the more advanced user.

Many of the same features of the early system are available on the newer system, although some commands related to the following functions are deleted from the newer system.

System Commands related to the following are deleted in the newer system:
Navigation Specific POI names
Specific map zoom (scale values)
Phone Numbers spoken as groupings (i.e. 17 stated as “seventeen")
Audio Direct satellite radio stations
Radio presets
Direct tuning frequencies
Direct CD track numbers
Climate Control Direct temperature settings (60 – 90 degrees)

Any vehicle built after the following VINs and Dates has the newer system:
Model: VIN: Date:
G35 Sedan 2WD JNKBV61E(*)8M 201809 August 30, 2007
G35 Sedan AWD JNKBV61F(*)8M 251895 August 30, 2007
G37 Coupe JNKCV64E(*)8M 106576 August 30, 2007
QX56 5N3AA08(**)8N 904804 September 28, 2007

NOTE: Some vehicles built prior to the above VINs and
Dates may have had the newer system installed at the
Port. To confirm that the vehicle has the newer system,
select the “Settings” Button, then on the screen select
“Others > Voice Recognition” and see if the option for
“Alternate Command Mode” is present.
yep
Old 11-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by pogiewun
i test drove the g and the dealer showed me the voice commands for the climate control and it worked. it did have the navi package in it. when i get my g some time by the end of this year im gonna make sure the voice commands work. what should i look for? what do i say to check n see if it works? i think i remember the dealer saying "passenger 65 degrees" and it worked. is that the right wording or am i wrong?
You are right. I test drove on release day and it had the extended voice control. I picked mine up last week and it does not. Unless you get one that's been on the lot for several months (very unlikely) you'll have the newer "simplified" voice command system. You can check easily by using the command to change temperature on the climate control "Temperature, driver, 70". If it responds to that, it's the original expanded menu. Perhaps if enough of us request it, we can get Infiniti to release a software update to allow us to bring all the commands back.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:26 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My G Is 4 Days Old and Was Delivered to the dealer beginning of November, it also does not have those voice commands, why would they have taken it out?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am really wanting these voice commands:

Navigation Specific POI names
Phone Numbers spoken as groupings (i.e. 17 stated as “seventeen")
Audio Direct satellite radio stations
Direct tuning frequencies
Direct CD track numbers

The other stuff is cool but I could really use these to make things easier. Selecting a preset is easy and changing the climate control temp is a breeze but these other commands would be helpful.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Jee III VII

I believe this is a safety issue. More time with eyeballs on the controls means less time for eyeballs on the road and/or traffic. Possibly presenting this argument to Infiniti may sway them to re-think their position.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
OGtripleOG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jee III VII
I believe this is a safety issue. More time with eyeballs on the controls means less time for eyeballs on the road and/or traffic. Possibly presenting this argument to Infiniti may sway them to re-think their position.
i totally agree. im complaining if i dont have those options once i get my car. hah!

Quick Reply: Voice Recognition for Climate Control