Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help! My Bluetooth isn't working

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 PM
MaidenLakeCats

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! My Bluetooth isn't working

So my Bluetooth works fine before I go to the store, but when I get out, it all of the sudden, doesn't work. My phone stayed in the car so I changed nothing, it just quit working. I tried to delete and re-pair it, but I can't do that either. I tried to pair another phone, but it won't let me do that. My phone says everything is fine and transmitting, but my car says that no phone is connected.

Any ideas?? I scoured the manual and found nothing. I think something is wrong with the car.

Also, does your caller ID show up on the nav screen when a call comes in? I swear my car quit doing that as well in the last few weeks.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The caller ID only shows up if the name is stored in the car's phone book. As for your other problem, you might wanna take it to the dealer if all else fails.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this may sound dumb... but try:

1. erase pairing from your phone
2. shutting down bluetooth on the phone,
3. shutting the phone down
4. erase the pairing (you'll lose all stored numbers in the car if you have any)
5. turn off your car
6. wait a few seconds
7. turn your car and phone back on
8. turn bluetooth back on (on phone)
9. go through the pairing process again...
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
MaidenLakeCats

solved

The problem was due to a program called "Pocket Express" that was on my Blackberry. I don't use it anyways, so I erased it, but there is a patch that you can download to solve the problem as well.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 PM
bstnjohn

more on bluetooth compatibility

I haven't been able to pair my cellphone with my G37. Dealer couldn't do it either. They told me to check the infiniti owners web site to see what phones are compatiable. My phone although it is new (and I upgraded to a new one from Verizon in order to have bluetooth) is not listed as being supported. Is there anything that I should be doing? Should I exchange the phone to one of the limited options available or wait to see if (and when) Infiditi adds my phone to the list. suggestions and info about blue tooth compatibility are appreciated.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
marsb007

what phone do you have?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 PM
bstnjohn

Lg Vx8300

I have a LG VX 8300.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Jee III VII

Perhaps you could borrow a friends compatible phone to see if you get the features you desire.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
t-bone1924

Originally Posted by bstnjohn
I haven't been able to pair my cellphone with my G37. Dealer couldn't do it either. They told me to check the infiniti owners web site to see what phones are compatiable. My phone although it is new (and I upgraded to a new one from Verizon in order to have bluetooth) is not listed as being supported. Is there anything that I should be doing? Should I exchange the phone to one of the limited options available or wait to see if (and when) Infiditi adds my phone to the list. suggestions and info about blue tooth compatibility are appreciated.
If you just recently got your phone from Verizon, you can probably exchange it for one that is compatible with your vehicle; in fact, I did just that. If you like the LG clamshell phone design check out the LG VX 5300, they are blowing them out for free on the Verizon website with a 2 yr contract.

Note that on the Infiniti website some phones are listed as compatible on vehicles with NAV but not without NAV. The 5300 is only good on no NAV cars. I got the 5300 and it works wonderfully and seamlessly in my car with no NAV. It also has a great home in my unused ash tray when driving!
Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 PM
marsb007

bluetooth is a standard... and the different functions available to you depends on which version of that standard the phone and car implements...

with that being said... any bluetooth phone should be able to connect for a basic voice connection...
this doesn't mean you'll have access to more advanced functions.. like transfer of phone book, etc...

Try a different phone and see if that works. If it doesn't, it's either your car or you... (I know your sales guy tried too... but generally they cant find their a$$ with a light if they tried).
Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 PM
bstnjohn

thanks -- nav versus no nav

thanks for your comments. I do like the clamshell type phone and the one you listed looks cool, but I do have navagation which is what I am trying to connect it to. Any one know why some bluetooth phones would work with the Navagation system and others don't? Or why some bluetooth phones don't work with the car? Isn't all bluetooth the same? thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
marsb007

Originally Posted by bstnjohn
thanks for your comments. I do like the clamshell type phone and the one you listed looks cool, but I do have navagation which is what I am trying to connect it to. Any one know why some bluetooth phones would work with the Navagation system and others don't? Or why some bluetooth phones don't work with the car? Isn't all bluetooth the same? thanks
all bluetooth phones should work for basic voice communication. The difference between the models would give you extra features... but as far as being able to answer/hang up, all bluetooth phones should work.

Make sure you know what you're doing...
Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM
marsb007

Did anyone notice that while driving you can't see the "elapsed time" or the name of the connected phone? Who came up with that retarded safety function?