Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Audio Options....The Real Story ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 AM
Khm3rG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i noticed that you have had your car speakers changed. how was it? I'm having a big problem with my speakers now. how do your speakers connect with? how does it sound?

(I have G37S 2013 with Nav)
For me, I have LC7i audio converter connected to the OEM amplifier and connected to the car's speakers. it sound horrible. I have JBL component speakers in both front and back doors. From what the shop tell me, i have sound crossing from front to back. they said they can't get the sound perfectly fit to where they are, front to front and back to back or left to left and right to right, because of my car HEAD UNIT and because of how they OEM system were being connected. if the system is not crossing over, to where i wanted, they said it will not sound better that i will losing sound because of how the G37 sound system was being made. They said that i will have Bass from the front door, as i have heard YES, if we follow their procedure or i will lost that bass if to do what i want, the crossing over thing.

Another thing is that, my car has popping sound coming out of the speaker. They told me that my LC7i is defected and if i change this one, i will get no more popping sound with a higher and better sound quality because that defected LC7i causes that sound and make more noise out of the tweeter in the back door, back door has component speakers installed.

I just found something that look similar to LC7i. it's called PAC PDLC81 Channel intelligent digital line output. here is the link to this item

PAC PDLC81 8 Channel Intelligent Digital Line Output Converter - Gold Star Audio

and I'm wondering if any of us here has any ideas? Please let me know because I'm going to have this system fix later and i want some ideas.

Thank.
Khm3rG37S

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
thread Resurrection....

No Not yet...alot of people are toying with changin all the speakers including me... not sure if anyone has pulled the trigga yet...

Welcome BTW....
Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 PM
scottp2765

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Khm3rG37S
i noticed that you have had your car speakers changed. how was it? I'm having a big problem with my speakers now. how do your speakers connect with? how does it sound?

(I have G37S 2013 with Nav)
For me, I have LC7i audio converter connected to the OEM amplifier and connected to the car's speakers. it sound horrible. I have JBL component speakers in both front and back doors. From what the shop tell me, i have sound crossing from front to back. they said they can't get the sound perfectly fit to where they are, front to front and back to back or left to left and right to right, because of my car HEAD UNIT and because of how they OEM system were being connected. if the system is not crossing over, to where i wanted, they said it will not sound better that i will losing sound because of how the G37 sound system was being made. They said that i will have Bass from the front door, as i have heard YES, if we follow their procedure or i will lost that bass if to do what i want, the crossing over thing.

Another thing is that, my car has popping sound coming out of the speaker. They told me that my LC7i is defected and if i change this one, i will get no more popping sound with a higher and better sound quality because that defected LC7i causes that sound and make more noise out of the tweeter in the back door, back door has component speakers installed.

I just found something that look similar to LC7i. it's called PAC PDLC81 Channel intelligent digital line output. here is the link to this item

PAC PDLC81 8 Channel Intelligent Digital Line Output Converter - Gold Star Audio

and I'm wondering if any of us here has any ideas? Please let me know because I'm going to have this system fix later and i want some ideas.

Thank.
Khm3rG37S
Your guys don't know what they are talking about. they must have patched into the stock amps the head unit is great...clean has a flat output. For any aftermarket speakers to be used you have to get rid of the bose factory amps and get aftermarket amps. Output from the head unit is line level....and clean.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:06 AM
Khm3rG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scottp2765
Your guys don't know what they are talking about. they must have patched into the stock amps the head unit is great...clean has a flat output. For any aftermarket speakers to be used you have to get rid of the bose factory amps and get aftermarket amps. Output from the head unit is line level....and clean.
Ok. so what they have done is, they have OEM head unit and OEM amp are still working. i have 1 amp for speaker and 1 amp for subs. i have LC7i that will convert the , whatever is it, from OEM amp and deliver the power to amp for sub and speaker. what they wire for me now is when wire all doors speakers to one line, so when i put it all the way to the back inside OEM head unit, i could hear all speakers from 4 doors playing and when i put the balance all the way to the front, only the center speaker, which is for bluetooth is playing.

do you have any suggestion for any better ideas? right now it sounds ok but it just is not the way speakers should be at, like front to front and back to back.

Thank.