Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bluetooth & iPhone in G37?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
chocoholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth & iPhone in G37?

Forgive me if this has been covered somewhere. Anyone know how well an iPhone will work in the G37 with Bluetooth? I'm picking up my car tomorrow and I'm hoping for the best.

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
bostonmerlin

do a search for iPhone and you'll get what you're looking for. At least two of us have iPhones and the g37 works great.. except.. the bluetooth profile for sending contacts does not work. contact sync is the only thing i've found that doesnt work.. had to use another phone i have to upload my contacts.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
as stated above, no contact syncs. to clarify, it's not that the contact sync doesn't work, it's that the iPhone lacks the OBEX file transfer profile that facilitates this functionality... in time... in time...

EDIT: just to give you a 'pro'. i feel that it works flawlessly. when i get in my car from work, i plug the phone in and rest it in the armrest. this initializes the iPod, while the car automatically pairs with the PHONE portion of the iphone via bluetooth. it's as seemless as you can get.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:50 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yup, the only thing I can't get to work is contact/phone book sync, which I expected since the iPhone doesn't support OBEX. Hopefully someone can hack it to support it soon...
Old 09-18-2007, 12:50 PM
chocoholic

Now that I have my G, I'm happy to report that the iPhone does, indeed, work beautifully with the car. Connectivity and sound is much better than in my old TL. I'm happy
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 PM
marsb007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a HTC Tytn hooked up via Bluetooth, and it has OBEX enabled... yet I can't figure out for the life of me how to send all contacts via bluetooth... Maybe it's a limitation of Windows Mobile 6...

Either way, I have at most 5 people I call on a regular basis, and I've already set those up to do via voice... I should be okay for now...
Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
kiddmaff5646

I had the htc 8125 worked great... as far as contact transfer I think u can only transfer one contact at a time. Now i have the iPhone it works great in the car but I'm a little dissapointed with picture messaging feature.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 PM
JayG37coupster

Is it just me, or is something wrong with my iPhone? I finally got the iPod section of the iPhone to work with the included iPod cable, but it seems to be putting phone into airplane mode to prevent any possible audio interference. In this mode, I can't receive any calls!

Handsfree answering of calls and redialing of previous calls are excellent over bluetooth, but not able to sync contacts... yet. Hopefully, Apple will add this feature in future updates.

I'll play with it a little more when I have the time.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 PM
likwidfuzion

Originally Posted by JayG37coupster
Is it just me, or is something wrong with my iPhone? I finally got the iPod section of the iPhone to work with the included iPod cable, but it seems to be putting phone into airplane mode to prevent any possible audio interference. In this mode, I can't receive any calls!

Handsfree answering of calls and redialing of previous calls are excellent over bluetooth, but not able to sync contacts... yet. Hopefully, Apple will add this feature in future updates.

I'll play with it a little more when I have the time.
When you plug in the cable and it tells you about the unsupported blah blah message, hit No.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
sardento

Ok, he guys...Ihave the G37S 6MT and iPhone but when I plug it in the phone gives a message about going to "airplane mode". Do you get that? what should I do? the phone works great through bluetooth but this is when I plug it in to the iPod jack..help..(I may be an idiot admittedly)
Old 09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
the phone is just saying that your car is not an "official iphone supported device". it's basically saying that it doesn't know if keeping the phone portion active will produce some interference with the ipod portion. just answer "NO" which does NOT put the phone in airplane mode, as i don't think anyone here has experienced any interference.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM
sardento

awesome..thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 PM
carman63

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
do a search for iPhone and you'll get what you're looking for. At least two of us have iPhones and the g37 works great.. except.. the bluetooth profile for sending contacts does not work. contact sync is the only thing i've found that doesnt work.. had to use another phone i have to upload my contacts.
Kindly explain how you managed to be able to use another phone to upload contacts, where the iPhone could actually 'see' them.

I ask because I basically did the same thing. I used a Sony Ericcson ti68 to upload my entire contact list to the G37. Then I paired the iPhone to the car, and tried to access my newly uploaded phone book. And it was EMPTY.

I called Infiniti about it, and was told that each phone paired has a separate phone book. But it sounds like you got past that somehow?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:56 AM
carman63

Bump. BostonMerlin you said you used another phone to upload your contacts. Want to clue me in on how you can see them with your iPhone?

The phonebooks appear to be seen only by the phone that uploads them, i.e., the Sony Ericcson I used to upload my contacts is the only phone that can see them.

Based on your post it sounds like your iPhone can see them?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 AM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Contacts are per-phone. My iphone works fine too.