Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

bluetooth - download phone book

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:38 AM
rrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth - download phone book

I went to the dealer asked about if the phone book download works to the car and he said no. All the techs there tried and I tried with 2 phones with no luck... It just says Failed! Any one know which phones this feature works with?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can find all of the bluetooth enabled phones that are compatible with the G here.

To synch the phonebook's contacts, you do the following:

Start --> Bluetooth --> Bluetooth Send Object --> Contacts --> Select All
Old 08-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Initial G

Wait a second, I even checked the 08 QX...no iphone? I find that hard to believe since there is even an interface for the ipod.

Canuck, is it true?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Considering that the iPhone was just released, it doesn't surprise me that it's not listed as an "officially" supported phone yet. But just because it's not listed doesn't mean it won't work.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 AM
Initial G

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Considering that the iPhone was just released, it doesn't surprise me that it's not listed as an "officially" supported phone yet. But just because it's not listed doesn't mean it won't work.
Thanks for the quick response. You are the man!

Anyone with an iphone who takes delivery before me, can you see if it syncs? It better. haha
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
nogoodname
Banned

on one of the video reviews, the guy had his iPhone in the car and said it sync in with his iPhone. so it must work then
Old 08-19-2007, 11:41 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Phones currently being tested (includes the iPhone): http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/te...urers&x=29&y=4
Old 08-19-2007, 11:51 AM
bostonmerlin

it works.. i was prompted to dload my iphone in a g37.. and as mentioned above.. there is a video describing the same.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Hmmm... has anyone tried testing a LG Chocolate VX8550 with the car? I'm not sure if it's just the same as the VX8500.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:07 PM
nogoodname
Banned

wouldn't any Bluetooth enabled phone work?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by nogoodname007
wouldn't any Bluetooth enabled phone work?
I believe that they have to be programmed since Bluetooth phones have different frequences? I think it's like having a bluetooth headset and saying that any phone can get into that headset if they're close enough type thing. This is my best explanation.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's all about the protocols supported over the bluetooth connection.

There's a handsfree profile,
There's a stereo headphone profile,
There's OBEX object exchange. jpeg, vcard, mp3 etc.

Bluetooth is restricted to a narrow band. All bluetooth phones use all freqs in the band. Thats why its a standard. The mfgs can select the protocols they want to support, then the carrier ( like verizon ) turns off certain functions like OBEX in your phone. Verizon wants you to pay to get items off your phone through their network. OBEX bypasses that. If OBEX is off on your phone, you will not be able to sync contacts or anthing else for that matter. Just your handsfree mic will work.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:29 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My gosh, i can't download my whole phonebook with my phone nor do i have call waiting.

Motorazrmaxxve must go i think.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by solopresident
My gosh, i can't download my whole phonebook with my phone nor do i have call waiting.

Motorazrmaxxve must go i think.
Interestingly enough, you can download your phone's contacts, but can't access the list if the car is in motion! I realized this yesterday. When you come to a stop (at a light) the list is accessible.

I understand (though don't agree with) the whole "in motion" litigious B.S., but how come you CAN access the phone contacts you hardcode?

When are one of you super smart tech guys going to figure out how to disable this moronic "safety feature" that limits access if the car is in motion? Come on, I'm counting on you!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:59 AM
bostonmerlin

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Interestingly enough, you can download your phone's contacts, but can't access the list if the car is in motion! I realized this yesterday. When you come to a stop (at a light) the list is accessible.

I understand (though don't agree with) the whole "in motion" litigious B.S., but how come you CAN access the phone contacts you hardcode?

When are one of you super smart tech guys going to figure out how to disable this moronic "safety feature" that limits access if the car is in motion? Come on, I'm counting on you!
i think the answer to your "contacts" problem is to use voice commands to access your contacts list.. just define a voice tag for each one that's important to you.. or all.. whatever. i have yet to find a voice command that can not get most of what i need done while in motion.. the more functions you can control via voice the better as i come from the camp you should be looking at the road... and no where else! all it takes is a split second to kill someone.. consider how much good your "contacts" list is going to do you in jail! I wont let this thread turn into a "motion" topic.. we can take that elsewhere.

Quick Reply: bluetooth - download phone book