Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

bluetooth - download phone book

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:00 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My uploaded contacts have "voice tags" and that is the easiest way for me to dial someone I know. Just say "phonebook" and she says "please say a number" and away you go. If you need to dial a number just say"dial" and when prompted spit out the number. I use the voice commands for everything and it all works terrific!

I can only upload one number at a time from my KRZR, so it's actually easier to just program them one by one with the input function and voicetag as opposed to uploading under Bluetooth.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
i think the answer to your "contacts" problem is to use voice commands to access your contacts list.. just define a voice tag for each one that's important to you.. or all.. whatever. i have yet to find a voice command that can not get most of what i need done while in motion.. the more functions you can control via voice the better as i come from the camp you should be looking at the road... and no where else! all it takes is a split second to kill someone.. consider how much good your "contacts" list is going to do you in jail! I wont let this thread turn into a "motion" topic.. we can take that elsewhere.
Thanks for the tip, John. I agree 100% with your concerns, my only point was that if you are not using voice commands, I don't see how you would be any less distracted scrolling through the phone book.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM
KDub

Works great with a Blackberry 8300 Curve.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
marsb007

With my Tytn, you can select all contacts and select beam (after setting your car to download the phonebook). On the phone menu you can then select where you want to send it to (it'll recognize the MY-CAR device). A few seconds later, the whole phonebook is transferred...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Steve2112

Anyone in the RI area have a GSM phone that works with the address book bluetooth transfer? I would like to put my SIM in your phone and transfer it to the car.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
G37 Perfection

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You can find all of the bluetooth enabled phones that are compatible with the G here.

To synch the phonebook's contacts, you do the following:

Start --> Bluetooth --> Bluetooth Send Object --> Contacts --> Select All
I'm not finding this path. What phone are you describing?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
crazyfinger

Originally Posted by marsb007
With my Tytn, you can select all contacts and select beam (after setting your car to download the phonebook). On the phone menu you can then select where you want to send it to (it'll recognize the MY-CAR device). A few seconds later, the whole phonebook is transferred...
How did you select all contact on your HTC phone? I can't find that option.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:12 PM
marsb007

Originally Posted by crazyfinger
How did you select all contact on your HTC phone? I can't find that option.
Well... where do I start? The stock rom in the phone does not have that feature enabled. However, the modified versions (at least some of them) do. If you don't know how to flash a new rom to your phone, I highly DO NOT recommend you start now because of this feature... you'll more than likely turn your phone into a nice expensive paperweight!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:04 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So my wife has a moto Q and it is not supported by the G that I can tell and it is not being tested either. Does any one have one of these phones? Is there anyway to upload the contact info?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Motor25

Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
it works.. i was prompted to dload my iphone in a g37.. and as mentioned above.. there is a video describing the same.
Download your contacts via bluetooth?

I'd like to do the same, do you remember how?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Greeney

Question, couldn't one in theory transfer all of the contacts over via BlueTooth enabled laptop?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 PM
carman63

Originally Posted by Greeney
Question, couldn't one in theory transfer all of the contacts over via BlueTooth enabled laptop?
Only if you can trick your car into believing the laptop is a cell phone.

I've tried using a different phone (Sony Ericcson) to upload my contacts. And it worked. BUT each phone maintains a separate phone book, so I couldn't see the SE contacts when using my iPhone.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Greeney

Originally Posted by carman63
Only if you can trick your car into believing the laptop is a cell phone.

I've tried using a different phone (Sony Ericcson) to upload my contacts. And it worked. BUT each phone maintains a separate phone book, so I couldn't see the SE contacts when using my iPhone.
well that sucks! Even my e90 can transfer contacts over, i thought the japanesee would have that aswell. No worries though.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:25 PM
wcirksena

I have my phone book uploaded into my car, but has anyone else found that their phone book is loaded weird. In my phone is lists my contacts by first name, but in the car is has them all listed by last name or the second word in the contact name. Does anyone know how I can change this so it is the same as it is in my phonebook? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:40 AM
G37RacerX

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You can find all of the bluetooth enabled phones that are compatible with the G here.
darn, after several tries I had a feeling that downloading my phone contacts was somehow not possible even though everything else works fine...

http://www.infiniti.com/bluetooth/ph...id=9&modelid=5

Quick Reply: bluetooth - download phone book