Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Music box ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
GoofyG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Music box ??

two questions:
1)can you download music from an Ipod to the music box?

2)once in the box, how does the interface work? is it like an Ipod, where you can search by playlist, song, artist, etc or does it store it in the same order and loaded?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GoofyG
two questions:
1)can you download music from an Ipod to the music box?

2)once in the box, how does the interface work? is it like an Ipod, where you can search by playlist, song, artist, etc or does it store it in the same order and loaded?
No, you'll only be able to rip music to the MB via the in-dash CD player. And you won't be able to rip MP3 either, it will need to be audio CD format. The interface is easy to use. You can play music on the MB by artist, date ripped, type of music, etc. All this can be done via voice commands too. The MB isn't 100% perfect but I really enjoy having it.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
GoofyG

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
No, you'll only be able to rip music to the MB via the in-dash CD player. And you won't be able to rip MP3 either, it will need to be audio CD format. The interface is easy to use. You can play music on the MB by artist, date ripped, type of music, etc. All this can be done via voice commands too. The MB isn't 100% perfect but I really enjoy having it.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Can wait to play with it. I already have an afternoon planed to load cds, and sit in the car reading the owners manual. (I know I'm a geek, but I do it with every car I get)
Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by GoofyG
Thanks for the quick answer.
Can wait to play with it. I already have an afternoon planed to load cds, and sit in the car reading the owners manual. (I know I'm a geek, but I do it with every car I get)
I hear ya, I read both of the owner's manuals in their entirety before I even got my G. Let me know if you have any other questions on the MB or CF slot.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 PM
mygiantcircle

if I understand you correctly, then the MB feature is really lame. Can't transfer MP3's directly from the source to the MB? Must be a nod from Nissan to the music industry.

Then what's the CF used for?

The only way out is to use the Ipod...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by mygiantcircle
if I understand you correctly, then the MB feature is really lame. Can't transfer MP3's directly from the source to the MB? Must be a nod from Nissan to the music industry.

Then what's the CF used for?

The only way out is to use the Ipod...
Yeah, more than likely that Infiniti didn't want any beefs with the RIAA. As for your question regarding what the CF slot is used for.........it's used for playing your MP3 files. I have two 2GB CF cards that are filled with MP3s along with numerous albums ripped to the MB. If an iPod is your main source for listening to MP3s today, than more than likely you'll be using that the most. You've got lots of choices for listening to your music with the new G.........and choices are a good thing.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Hmmm... I wonder... if I have subscription to like Napster to Go or Rhapsody to Go and I use the Tunebite program... does that mean the once WMA protected files are playable on an iPod?

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-18-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 PM
anotha

So whats the news on the cd slot. is it a single feed 6 disc changer or a singles feed 1 disc?
Old 08-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

singles feed 1 disc i believe. i figured infiniti wouldn't think that people would be so concerned about having a 6CD changer when there's a hard drive heh
Old 08-18-2007, 05:09 PM
anotha

Yeah just want to get that straightened out
Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
nogoodname
Banned

On my canadian model line up paper, theres a 6 CD changer, then when u have the Navi-tech package (navi package for the US) it becomes a single CD player
Old 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM
anotha

how many songs can 9.3 gb hold roughly?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by anotha
Well trying to compare it with 8GB MP3 players... I would have to say about... 2,000 - 2,250 songs? That's my best guess.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 PM
SilkeG

From what I hear, you can only rip MP3 songs onto the hard drive from the CD player so it may also depend on what the G37 allows in terms of bit-rates if it is at all configurable. Higher bit-rates require more space but also allows you to hear them in higher quality if your ears can tell the difference or the sound system is that crisp. Not sure what bit-rate it allows to play MP3s off the compact flash.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by anotha
The MB has a maximum capacity of 3000 songs.

Quick Reply: Music box ??