Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Music box ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Lynkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How many watts?

I've tried looking to find out how many watts the g37 sound system is? Does anyone know?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didnt see it in this whole thread, but if i rip a cd, how long will it take to download into the car???

also can i pick individual songs???

i tried to rip it, but it went to the first song and i couldnt figure it out....ahhh maybe i need 2 be playing with it more..lol...

any help anyone??? T I A
Old 12-02-2007, 02:57 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
i didnt see it in this whole thread, but if i rip a cd, how long will it take to download into the car???

also can i pick individual songs???

i tried to rip it, but it went to the first song and i couldnt figure it out....ahhh maybe i need 2 be playing with it more..lol...

any help anyone??? T I A
It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to rip a cd depending upon the number of tracks and the length of the songs. As far as ripping individual songs, I think this can be done but I haven't tried. I only rip my favorite cds with a lot of good tracks to the Music Box. The cds I have that only have a couple of good tracks on it I put on my IPod.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

thanks a lot buddy...possibly when the music is finally ripped, can i delete a single song, do you know??? or am i stuck with the whole cd???
Old 12-02-2007, 11:46 AM
G37RacerX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
thanks a lot buddy...possibly when the music is finally ripped, can i delete a single song, do you know??? or am i stuck with the whole cd???
I have not done it yet, but reading this site has taught me you can delete individual songs after you record the whole cd, you can't pick the songs to record in advance...
If you use cd's burned on your home computer to transfer to the musicbox, they must be in WAV files only I believe, the same format the store bought cd's use.

The Ipod is the best way to go IMHO.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

cool..thanks racerx...i will be using a ipod as well...just figured i have the hard drive might as well use it with music in case i dont have a ipod for some reason or leave it home...
Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Jee III VII

4 gig CF = sweet music

This may have been answered already but I didn't see it as I scanned this thread.
I have a 4gig CF loaded with 23 Albums that probably average 16-20 tunes each.
I transferred from my computer to the CF via Windows Media Player.
From the player I ripped the albums using 'Windows Media Audio Lossless' mode which is the best quality bitrate (470-940Kbps). The format is .WMF.
Then I 'synched' the files to the CF card.
The files are huge and fit on the 4gig card with about .75gig left over.
It is the best sound that I have in my G37 and I've tried all built-in systems except the iPod.

Last edited by Jee III VII; 12-09-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: to correct my English
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 AM
rrrevin

Originally Posted by G37RacerX
I have not done it yet, but reading this site has taught me you can delete individual songs after you record the whole cd, you can't pick the songs to record in advance...
If you use cd's burned on your home computer to transfer to the musicbox, they must be in WAV files only I believe, the same format the store bought cd's use.

Store bought CDs are in audio format; not even close to WAV.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:21 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

i got this thing all figured out, its easy...it can store a home made cd or a store bought album, you can also rename the songs, artists and albums...its easy...

also can delete any song you want...also after you delete it, you can permanently delete it or restore it later down the road...

not 1 cd stays in teh car which is a PLUS!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:00 PM
boyah

Originally Posted by rrrevin
Store bought CDs are in audio format; not even close to WAV.
What are you talking about? audio format?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:55 PM
mal_TX

I think he means RedBook Audio format. 44.1kHz/16bit WAV files are basically the same in content -- PCM formatted audio at the proper sample frequency and bit-depth. The raw data on the CD itself is not technically the same as a WAV file -- the WAV would have some header info that differs from the redbook audio on the CD.

That said, to say they are "not even close" is completely wrong -- "Audio CDs do not use WAV as their sound format, using instead Red Book audio. The commonality is that both audio CDs and WAV files have the audio data encoded in PCM. WAV is a data file format for computer use that can't be understood by CD players directly. To record WAV files to an Audio CD the file headers must be stripped and the remaining PCM data written directly to the disc as individual tracks with zero padding added to match the CDs sector size."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV
Old 12-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Jee III VII

Originally Posted by G37RacerX

I have mixed files on one CD (mp3 and wmf) and they play just fine using the G37 CD slot.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jee III VII
I have mixed files on one CD (mp3 and wmf) and they play just fine using the G37 CD slot.
They will play fine but will not record.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Jee III VII

CD Audio

Originally Posted by boyah
What are you talking about? audio format?
CD Audio (.cda) tracks are audio files that can be stored on CD media. The .cda files are representations of CD audio tracks and do not contain the actual pulse code modulation (PCM) information. Cda files can be played only from a CD-ROM. To test a .cda file, either try to play a different .cda file from your CD-ROM or try to play a .cda file from a different CD-ROM. Copied from the CD-ROM to the hard disc it cannot be played. This is format used for encoding music on all commercial compact discs. If you buy a CD from a store, the music on that CD is stored in CDA format.
The current standard for CD audio requires a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz and a sample size of 16 bits (2 bytes per sample). As a result, you need to store 2 x 44,100= 88,200 bytes of data every second to record in mono. Recording in stereo would require twice that much storage. That extrapolates to about 10 MB of data for every minute of stereo sound!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:06 AM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by anotha
how many songs can 9.3 gb hold roughly?
a cd-r has 700mb. so that is 13.2 CD's
this means that if you average 18 songs per cd, you can have 234 songs. more or less.

Quick Reply: Music box ??