Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
JKashat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

This is an PM that I received from Status Elite just minutes ago. Mind you I chose to send the CF rear diffuser back because of poor fit and finish... Oh yeah, and originally they wanted to charge my 25% restocking fee and an additional $25 to reapply the 3M adhesive backing according to their website, which I never even knew they had a website as I ordered directly from MyG37. After PMs back and forth SE agreed to waive the 25% restocking fee and refund me $600 less the $25 fee for reapplying the 3M adhesive. I messaged back that those marks were there, which they were, and the the reason I shipped back in the firstplace was because of fit and finish. This is BS and I am SO pissed. Unless SE resolves this issue I will NEVER recommend them to anyone. Complete BS especially on such a over priced, average quality at best product.

Re: CF rear diffuser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Jeff,

We recieved your diffuser last weekend per your refund request. With thorough inspection, we found a knick rather than a scratch just above the exhaust on the passenger side diffuser. Each dry carbon product is not repairable. Only minor hairline scratches may be worked out. Each product is inspected by four different empoyees prior to shipping. I was actually the last inspect the product, package it, and ship it.

This diffuser will not be able to be resold as "new". As a team, we have concluded that this product cannot be refunded because of it's damage. Although, we would be more than gladly to work with you on your situation. As stated in earlier messeges, customer is repsonsible for all shipping charges pertaining to refunds, approved or not approved. We are willing to compensate you with 50% of ground shipping of the diffuser back to you. We will also apply new 3M adhesive, supply new packets of adhesive promotor, instructions, and Status Elite Badge. Approximate value of $80 at no charge to you. This will allow you to sell the diffuser as excellent contion with a minor knick.

Please understand that we are not able to repair this dry carbon product. Let us know if you have any further questions. Pictures of damaged diffuser shown below at time of arrival.

Kevin Lowe
Sales Manager

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/w...atdiffuser.jpg

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/w...tdiffuser1.jpg

Last edited by JKashat; 08-03-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Links to photobucket not working
Old 08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not surprising...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your situation.....Hope you get a FULL refund and not a partial one....
Old 08-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Triple_X

wow sorry to hear man. Status elite sold a 3 total products and two were returned due to fitment and finish. I don't see a bright future for this company in the "ARC" category. LOL
Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
MattsG37

I am surprised that the sold 3 at that price. Over $600 for a diffuser? I think maybe $300 tops.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Who sent back the other one?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Triple_X

I was referring to the 2nd intake they sold...was returned
Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ahhh gotcha. Do those photobucket links work for anyone?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Do they agree with you that the diffuser has poor fit & finish?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 PM
JKashat

I am so pissed right now I could explode. Obviously, I send the item back for fit and finish issues and he wants to nit-pick about to marks which were already there. And, I'm so sure that 4 people inspect each item before they ship out, right. And, even so who's to say that they did notice the marks and considered them acceptable at the time of "Quality Control Inspection" but not now at time of return. Well, I guess if there were only 3 plus this item which makes 4 products were shipped out and returned they would have time to waste on having 4 different people inspect each item, LOL.

STATUS ELITE = BIG Fail in my opinion as of now.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow didnt know the fitment was so bad. according to all their pics it looked really good. your problem is going to come down to the damage. they are making it clear it was sent to you with no damage and returned to them with damage. your not going to win this one i afraid. your best is to call your cc company and tell them what happened and have them fight it out for you.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Too many nut huggers for this company but I have said it before and will again STATUS ELITE IS A COMPLETE JOKE. Selling 'Limitied Edition' overpriced crappy intakes and stating made up gains.

They try to claim to be top quality when everything they send out is crap. As I remember, their intakes has several problems as well. This is what happens when a no name company with no engineers or ability to even perform basic research tries to claim to be on par with top performance companies with a long standing history.

Honestly, I would go for Mastergrade before I ever bought from Status Elite.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just call up your CC company and explain the fraud. Get all your money back (minus shipping to them I guess) and let SE go fuck themselves.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Ask them to try and fit it on their G to prove it has poor fit
Old 08-03-2009, 12:47 PM
pfizzle

I can vouch for J. I saw the diffuser first hand, and the fitment looked like absolute ****. I was going to order the CF diffuser and paint it black, but decided against it because of the poor fitment and quality of the one Jeff got.

Hey J, did you paypal them? If so, I would dispute it through paypal.

-----
BTW to post your pics.

[img]YOUR PHOTOBUCKET LINK[/img]

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!