Car Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Dodo Juice at DetailedImage.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

We placed our first order many weeks ago and it has finally cleared customs and is due to arrive in just a couple of days. We are extremely excited to carry this very exclusive and high quality brand from the UK. Dodo Juice specializes in hand pouring extremely high quality waxes. These waxes contain highly refined premium carnauba wax and other color charged natural ingredients (i.e. yellow bees wax, white bees wax, candelilla wax, coconut oil, montan wax, almond oil, jojaba oil, orange oil, etc.) that maximize each unique paint color. These ingredients help provide dramatic gloss and depth on varying color paints. Dodo Juice selectively uses certain ingredients in their vast array of waxes to maximize the shine of different colored paints. Dodo Juice makes eight variations of these waxes with four hard and four soft waxes, so you can easily apply the product as you desire. Choose soft waxes if you like using your bare hands or the hard waxes for hand applications with an applicator pad. For example if you have black paint and prefer to use your bare hands try the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet. This soft wax uses montan wax, jojaba oil and of course premium carnauba wax to highlight the black paint. Here is a link to the Dodo Juice Wax Chart that outlines which waxes work best with your particular colored paint. We also offer a four pack of sample sizes of all four hard waxes, all four soft waxes and one sample pack with all eight waxes.

Dodo Juice also makes three other premium waxes that are extremely popular including the Rubbish Boys Wax, Double Wax and the one and only Supernatural. These waxes offer extraordinary shine, depth, gloss and clarity that usually cost far more. The Supernatural is the top wax that has gained world wide fame for it's remarkable results. It is simply one of the absolute best waxes ever created. Dodo Juice also makes a very impressive auto shampoo, all in one (chemical polish with wax), chemical polish and chemical polish with light abrasives. The entire line of Dodo Juice waxes are some of the best we have ever tested and we can't wait for you to experience these outstanding products. Don't just take our word for it check out some reviews about the Dodo Juice products from other car clubs, associations, magazines, etc. in our Dodo Juice Press Release.

We are very excited to share these products with the detailing community and we look forward to hearing from you as well. We will also make a post the day the products are available for purchase. Please check out our Dodo Juice informational page for some more details about the brand and products. We'll have more information, product descriptions and pictures in the coming days. If you have any questions or would like product recommendations please let me know.

George
Old 08-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
This is great, George. Thanks for the information. I'll have to check Dodo Juice out a bit more and maybe try it out.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Xander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is this stuff going to run approx?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Xander
How much is this stuff going to run approx?
Most of the waxes are roughly $70 a jar (starting at $65 I believe), Supernatural with the wooden container is $200. We'll have some sample sizes available for purchase at lower price points. Dodo Juice's other products, such as their pre-wax cleaner, cleaner wax, and shampoo vary in size and price but are all under $50. If you have any questions on a specific product I'd be happy to look it up for you.

George
Old 08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
J.Oh

lol thought it said doodoo juice when i opened the thread and was like uhhhh what?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Have you used Dodo Juice yourself, George? If so, I'm sure you like it since you are now selling it, but what's your honest feedback. How does it compare to other paste waxes like Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Blackfire, etc?
Old 08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Have you used Dodo Juice yourself, George? If so, I'm sure you like it since you are now selling it, but what's your honest feedback. How does it compare to other paste waxes like Pinnacle, Chemical Guys, Blackfire, etc?
I had the opportunity to use Dodo Juice's Lime Prime Lite (pre-wax cleaner) and Supernatural on the Ferrari I detailed a couple weeks ago. I know those photos don't do the reflections and depth and gloss a ton of justice, but I have a lot more that I'm in the middle of processing for a new how-to section of our website. I have a video walk around when I finished the detail and the paint literally looks dripping wet. I would say this the closest you'll get to a very high end carnauba wax, like Zymol Vintage ($1,800) without spending an arm and a leg. When compared to other waxes I've tried, dollar for dollar Supernatural will not disappoint. I'm excited to try some of their color charged waxes, but as of right now, I've only had a chance to try Supernatural.

George
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM
wuuuuuuuu

Which one is for Platinum Graphite? Thanks George!
Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

So I should get "Purple Haze" for hand application for my BO? When will they be up on your site to order; I'd like to give the stuff a try. Thx!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by sKip2myWu
Which one is for Platinum Graphite? Thanks George!
I'd go with either Light Fantastic as a soft wax or Diamond White as a hard wax. The difference between the two is that the soft wax can be applied via hand (literally with your hands) or with a foam applicator and can offer a slightly deeper and wetter look. Hard waxes are applied with a foam applicator pad and allow for applying thinner applications, which often cure slightly faster and can potentially last a little longer. Either one should look stunning on Platimum Graphite.

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
So I should get "Purple Haze" for hand application for my BO? When will they be up on your site to order; I'd like to give the stuff a try. Thx!
We're expecting Dodo any day now. With the holiday weekend it may have been delayed a day or two, but I'd hope we'll have it up this week for sale. Purple Haze would be the soft wax for BO, which would be for hand applications. I've heard a lot of great things about Purple Haze, you'll have to keep us posted on what you think!

George
Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

i'm thinking i want to give Purple haze a try too. for the soft wax that says you can use your hands, is that the only thing you can use? Id prefer to use a microfiber applicator pad, is that bad?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Detailed Image
Auto Detailing Expert

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
i'm thinking i want to give Purple haze a try too. for the soft wax that says you can use your hands, is that the only thing you can use? Id prefer to use a microfiber applicator pad, is that bad?
Definitely. Any of the soft waxes can be applied by hand or with an applicator pad. The hard waxes require an applicator pad for application. Dom from Dodo Juice actually said he prefers applying soft waxes via an applicator pad, but it is an experience to apply a wax via hand. Either way works!

George
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Thanks, George. I'll check your site this coming week. I'll put on some Hendrix and give it the wax job!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Kudos to George for being the first to bring us these products!!!

Detailed Image FTW!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:28 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
seriously... ^

Quick Reply: Dodo Juice at DetailedImage.com