Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Performance and my G37 TT build

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike
I'd like to see more pictures of:

Valves/head
Cylinder walls
Spark plugs
Piston surface

Claims were made, but do not remain proven, and I'm sure these are all things you took pictures of; it would be very clear if detonation/tune was not an issue, and the rods simply could not handle 500whp, while the crankshaft can.

I find it a bit strange that the above mentioned pictures are not shown. "Light tuning" shouldn't be an issue given that there ARE base maps for this car and with Forged's experience with TT VQ37's. Were you doing drivability/partial throttle tuning?
Quoted again, since my questions have still not been addressed by the OP or Forged.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DmfG37sTT
Your right. not everyone is perfect and its how the shop handles the situation that makes the shop what it really is.....but how does a shop owner send his attorney after someone for posting facts about his experience. I myself have a story to tell. You can support FP all you want but when it comes down to it you have to ask yourself if you are really going to spend thousands of dollars with the chance of having work like this done to your car
Please share.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And the plot thickens...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by philter25
From reading the posts, I dont think at all Sharif intentionally screwed over members and I dont think anyone should take that sentiment away from this thread. It seems there was someone who did the TT install who did a bad job and was fired. If I was the owner of a company and my employee botched something, I would have done the same exact thing.

If you do 100 installs and have 1 or 2 bad ones, 98% reliability is pretty damn good. Theres ALWAYS a risk with something going wrong with FI. Eventually, a problem or two pops up. So as far as relability, I wouldnt hesitate to work with Forged.

And I completely agree with you that no shop will ever be perfect and what really matters is when that 1 in 20 mistake happens, how they deal with it and resolve the issue is whats important. No shop can 100% guarantee that they will do a flawless job. It happens in every shop.

What concerns me is the talk with the lawyers and threats of legal action. I think thats something the community should be aware of.

Agreed.
98% reliability, on a pre-fabricated turbo kit with detailed instructions, and pictures!!!!!! I don't think that is reliable.

Last edited by joo030879; 04-13-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by joo030879
98% reliability, on a pre-fabricated turbo kit with detailed instructions, and pictures!!!!!! I don't think that is reliable.
Mistakes happen. Many manufacturers of products much simpler than turbo kits have a lower rate of reliability. And they are the ones making the product and shipping it out.

Look at video game systems. When the Xbox 360 or PS3 came out, they had much lower reliability rates. I had a friend who had BOTH xbox360 and his PS3 replaced. How about aftermarket HID kits for cars? Bulbs die prematurely. Same with TV sets. Every once in awhile theres a video or audio card problem that needs replacing. How about existing mods for our cars. Im sure there have been a few people on here with HFCs, exhausts, or intakes who have had fitament problems..... and Im sure some companies probably had fitament problems on more than half of the customers cars who installed their parts. Heck, what about entire cars. Theres been a few G37s on here with chronic problems that could probably fall under the lemon law.

Now Im not defending Forged, but if it really is only 1 or 2 bad installs out of 100, I think that falls within overall averages. But I do recognize and believe that this was more than just a bad install as IMO this install had numerous problems. It looks like the guy who did the install had no idea what he was doing and should have been fired.... which he was. A bad install might include only 1 or 2 of those mistakes, not half a dozen. The employee who botched the install might be the scapegoat, but part of the blame is on QA/QC/management for not realizing that the guy doing the install that they hired has no idea what he is doing.

But if I was giving 10k+ to a company, I would expect them to have a little better QA/QC and supervision over their employees dong installs. This is a multiple day install, and not like an oil change which can be done in a few hours. If Forged has successfully done a few TT installs in the past on the G37s, I would hope someone would have noticed an employee cutting into the plastic or the chassis of a vehicle and realized thats not part of the installation process and something isnt right. And if Forged has 11 employees and if only 1 guy didnt know what he was doing, I would hope that the other 10 employees or the boss would have noticed someone cutting or welding or grinding parts and realized that wasnt part of the installation process.

But if this is just the first one that we heard about and many are keeping their mouth shut, then thats a completely different story. And Im sure we dont even know if there were people with different cars who had similar problems who are on different boards.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Mistakes happen. Many manufacturers of products much simpler than turbo kits have a lower rate of reliability. And they are the ones making the product and shipping it out.

Look at video game systems. When the Xbox 360 or PS3 came out, they had much lower reliability rates. I had a friend who had BOTH xbox360 and his PS3 replaced. How about aftermarket HID kits for cars? Bulbs die prematurely. Same with TV sets. Every once in awhile theres a video or audio card problem that needs replacing. How about existing mods for our cars. Im sure there have been a few people on here with HFCs, exhausts, or intakes who have had fitament problems..... and Im sure some companies probably had fitament problems on more than half of the customers cars who installed their parts. Heck, what about entire cars. Theres been a few G37s on here with chronic problems that could probably fall under the lemon law.

Now Im not defending Forged, but if it really is only 1 or 2 bad installs out of 100, I think that falls within overall averages. But I do recognize and believe that this was more than just a bad install as IMO this install had numerous problems. It looks like the guy who did the install had no idea what he was doing and should have been fired.... which he was. A bad install might include only 1 or 2 of those mistakes, not half a dozen. The employee who botched the install might be the scapegoat, but part of the blame is on QA/QC/management for not realizing that the guy doing the install that they hired has no idea what he is doing.

But if I was giving 10k+ to a company, I would expect them to have a little better QA/QC and supervision over their employees dong installs. This is a multiple day install, and not like an oil change which can be done in a few hours. If Forged has successfully done a few TT installs in the past on the G37s, I would hope someone would have noticed an employee cutting into the plastic or the chassis of a vehicle and realized thats not part of the installation process and something isnt right. And if Forged has 11 employees and if only 1 guy didnt know what he was doing, I would hope that the other 10 employees or the boss would have noticed someone cutting or welding or grinding parts and realized that wasnt part of the installation process.

But if this is just the first one that we heard about and many are keeping their mouth shut, then thats a completely different story. And Im sure we dont even know if there were people with different cars who had similar problems who are on different boards.
Best turbo kit installers are not born with skills to install correctly. Ultimate responsibility lies on the person who supervised the install. If no one was supervising the install. It is shop owners responsibility to make sure installation was done correctly.

All the cutting and bending must have made lots of noise at Forged. When inexperienced, now out of job installer who performed the turbo kit install. If all the cutting and bending. Especially when the inexperienced worker backed up the car and caused damage to the bumper and tail light. Was un-noticed, by anyone at Forged. I don't think Forged is reliable.

And if it is the case when customer have to keep their mouth closed. And live with once a perfect brand new car, now all cut and bent.

Now after reading what you have wrote, I am very curious what GTM has to say about all this mess. Because as you said, there are things like Xbox etc. Which in their infancy do not come out the way they should. Is GTM turbo kit installed using one of the first production to hit the market? Playing racing car video game on Xbox. I was never injured, nor suffered money loss. Now the installation on actual car, which we rely on everyday use. Have to be reliable. And if you want to compare $$$ X-box vs. $$$$$ turbo kit, which our lives may depend. There is nothing to compare.

Last edited by joo030879; 04-13-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Forged is close to me. Of all the shops that could do work on my car in Atlanta (and there are MANY), Forged is my #1 choice and will continue to be. I've been a customer of Forged since 2005 when I first got into the G scene. From the very beginning I've researched shops for each purchase / install to be sure I had the most experienced shop working on my car. I've spent a good bit of money at Forged through parts and labor and don't regret a single dollar I've spent. Sharif and the Forged Team has always taken care of me and ensured I was happy and whenever I maybe had a concern he had me bring the car to shop for him to inspect.

Call me crazy, but since I've never had even a hint of a bad experience, it's hard for me to just walk away from a company that has been great to me.

Sharif and Forged Team is a company that I know I can depend. I have no doubt that if after closing time or on a day that they are closed, that if I needed something, Sharif and any of his employees would stop what they were doing in their personal lives to help me out if I was having car issues or something.

I understand somethings may have went wrong with an install or so... No one is denying that, even Sharif himself.

So... Sharif & Forged. Thank you for everything you've done for me in the past and in the future. I'm happy to be part of the Forged Family.

Just stating my experience... I'm sorry if others have had a bad experience with Forged.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by joo030879
Because as you said, there are things like Xbox etc. Which in their infancy do not come out the way they should. Is GTM turbo kit installed using one of the first production to hit the market? Playing racing car video game on Xbox. I was never injured, nor suffered money loss. Now the installation on actual car, which we rely on everyday use. Have to be reliable. And if you want to compare $$$ X-box vs. $$$$$ turbo kit, which our lives may depend. There is nothing to compare.
I think we should point out, the countless number of Xbox's and PS3's replaced under warranty.

When you go to a shop, you usually sign a waiver saying that the shop is not responsible for any damages caused, but you choose a shop based on their reputation and track record. Things like this don't help; if the installer was this inexperienced, why was he hired to begin with? Why was he allowed to do this job?

"Past performance does not guarantee future results"
Old 04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
oreoleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I manage a food production company with my father. We are on the floor for 50% of the time, making sure our quality stays as superb as it has been from day one.

I can't imagine the same kind of attention and care coming from anybody else. While it's pretty hard to visually inspect every pound of product I put out there, I can only assume a finished product such as a car, would be much easier to supervise than something sealed in a box immediately after it's production.

I can't even imagine how bent intercooler piping would pass muster. Being devil's advocate, you could perhaps say Juan unbolted a few brackets and such in order to fabricate the pictures. But I don't think Juan would ever want to produce more damage towards his car, such as bending intake / intercooler piping.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Bump

Sharif@forged
Please PM, your employee's resume and experience, who might work on my car.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

What concerns me is the talk with the lawyers and threats of legal action. I think thats something the community should be aware of.
Agreed.
Philter,
Our attorney contacted Juan and ask him to correct the FALSE statements in in his thread. I gave no instructions or asked for threads to be deleted, or closed...and that goes for moderators on the various forums. At that point, he advised us that he had nothing to do with the thread, and some other people created his screen-name and he basically went along with it.

There were 2 or 3 key points that were false, such as the offer of junkyard parts that we wanted corrected. We would not waste time, money and effort to go after those that are telling the truth.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
sharif@forged
Former Sponsor

Moving to a phone call. Thank you.

Last edited by sharif@forged; 04-13-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Forged is close to me. Of all the shops that could do work on my car in Atlanta (and there are MANY), Forged is my #1 choice and will continue to be. I've been a customer of Forged since 2005 when I first got into the G scene. From the very beginning I've researched shops for each purchase / install to be sure I had the most experienced shop working on my car. I've spent a good bit of money at Forged through parts and labor and don't regret a single dollar I've spent. Sharif and the Forged Team has always taken care of me and ensured I was happy and whenever I maybe had a concern he had me bring the car to shop for him to inspect.

Call me crazy, but since I've never had even a hint of a bad experience, it's hard for me to just walk away from a company that has been great to me.

Sharif and Forged Team is a company that I know I can depend. I have no doubt that if after closing time or on a day that they are closed, that if I needed something, Sharif and any of his employees would stop what they were doing in their personal lives to help me out if I was having car issues or something.

I understand somethings may have went wrong with an install or so... No one is denying that, even Sharif himself.

So... Sharif & Forged. Thank you for everything you've done for me in the past and in the future. I'm happy to be part of the Forged Family.

Just stating my experience... I'm sorry if others have had a bad experience with Forged.
If I were you I would re-inspect work performed by Forged.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 PM
DmfG37sTT

I will be calling you tonight to resolve this issue.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I cant believe they would go after a customer with a lawyer for posting his experience. This is nuts.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance and my G37 TT build