Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Catback.. DAYUM!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Catback.. DAYUM!!

So my FI CF Catback arrived last night.. took sometime to get those babies cleared out from the customs COZ DAYUM THEY AINT NEVER SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT BEFORE! He insisted he open the packages ripping through those sexy logos. He spent like 10 mins struggling to get the bubble wrapping off one of the pipes and ended up giving up. EXCELLENT PACKAGING I HAVE TO ADMIT. Those came all the way from LAX spent a week in cargo you could imagine how much beating they received yet everything was in perfect condition. Guess the "packaging" wait was worth while. While waiting for customs clearance I couldnt resist not taking another peak into that box (now that theyve opened it), picked up a bubble wrap which contained the gaskets. Just by looking at their finish I could tell some really nice surprises await me next morning.

First thing in the morning drove up to the garage. Time to get this baby hooked up. Let the unpacking and unwrapping begin. I used to work in a pipeline construction company last year and I KNOW what a good pipe weld looks like. There is no way those pipes were welded by a human being lol come on Tony you got automated welding machines right? Quality finish I have to admit cheers to that. Here are some pix of everything stripped out of the bubbles.

Look at those sexy CF Mufflers.. I think ill be ordering another set to hang in my room

Is that a magnaflow x-pipe? thats a new one

Tailpipes looking hot

Installation was pretty easy till it was time for the mufflers, heat shield needed to be taken out for some part of it to be cut out, and for some reason the pix in the instruction manual of the fuel lines in the passanger side did not exactly match what was really going on. Maybe theyre pix of the G35 or 350Z but it was pretty obvious which of them needed to be heat wrapped. Everything fit perfect although i really wished the tailpipes were adjustable. The passanger side muffler stuck out around 0.5 cm more than the driver's side muffler (which is not noticable unless you try to read whats carved onto those tailpipes (Sebring Tuning FTW!!)). Apart from that installation was pretty easy thanks to the installation instructions.

Here's the end result

I am in love with the way the mufflers sit and look... DANGEROUS!! Haters behind me now have to think twice before trying to overtake me lol Polished SS tailpipes shine from really far away too worth every extra penny spent to get it polished SS.

Performance Performance Performance.. aint that what everyones concerned about! Gains are pretty noticeable especially at high rpms! Tail has become 10 times easier to slide lol couldnt get any dyno runs unfortunately because I aint waiting till Sunday to get those babies installed been barely getting any sleep in the last few days and even when I did im dreaming of those CF mufflers haha

The sound is just EAR-gasmic!! Not only is it loud it is freaking exotic. The moment I entered university campus my friends started calling me up telling me they thought an F430 was approaching coz of the exhaust tone! (well theyre being too nice but hell its working for me ) I wanted to record a video but the sound is just too damn deep for my phone's mic to pick up. I'll get a proper mic n take some vids the moment i get the chance! Now I'm just looking for the lamest attempt of an excuse to drive my car and hear it roar..

I'm afraid after the next G Coupe Club meeting everyone is gonna want FI exhausts! Attempt of becoming unique -> Failed lol
Expect a few more orders real soon Tony
Or maybe you should just come to Dubai.. better business :P

Cheers for a top quality product!!

Sam

Last edited by G37Sam; 03-14-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Nice ... I have the polished version . Cannot go wrng with FI ... Congrats !! Now lower that biatch and slap som volks on it ......
Old 10-29-2008, 09:42 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

i'll have her dropped the moment she becomes my 2nd car.. but for now shes my daily
regarding the wheels, im getting them powdercoated soon.. theyre too good to be replaced, for now at least
Old 10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Sam,

I just wanted to tell you that it was a pleasure dealing with you throughout the entire process. You were patient and very cooperative. I passed to welding comments on to my worker and he read the review. He smiled. Com'on I cannot take credit for his welding. However, I did teach him!

I took a shot in the dark on the T-Shirt size but they shrink a little so I figured, why not send the XL.

First off, we are all relieved that both cat backs survived the shipping process. 15,000 miles is a long way for a card board box to travel. Those boxes have been more places then most people that I know.

Don't tempt me on the invitation to Dubai. I will take you up on it, after all I haven't been there since summer 2001. Anyways, we are pleased that it all worked out and everything went smooth.

Again, thank you for your business and enjoy it...

Tony
Fast Intentions Inc.
(818) 882-2788
Old 10-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks great.. Congrats bro!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Sam,

I just wanted to tell you that it was a pleasure dealing with you throughout the entire process. You were patient and very cooperative. I passed to welding comments on to my worker and he read the review. He smiled. Com'on I cannot take credit for his welding. However, I did teach him!

I took a shot in the dark on the T-Shirt size but they shrink a little so I figured, why not send the XL.

First off, we are all relieved that both cat backs survived the shipping process. 15,000 miles is a long way for a card board box to travel. Those boxes have been more places then most people that I know.

Don't tempt me on the invitation to Dubai. I will take you up on it, after all I haven't been there since summer 2001. Anyways, we are pleased that it all worked out and everything went smooth.

Again, thank you for your business and enjoy it...

Tony
Fast Intentions Inc.
(818) 882-2788
Same here Tony... now I understand why everyone here recommends your customer service & support! Send my regards to your welder. He's more than welcome to come to Dubai too haha

Cheers & more to come

Sam
Old 10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Same here Tony... now I understand why everyone here recommends your customer service & support! Send my regards to your welder. He's more than welcome to come to Dubai too haha

Cheers & more to come

Sam

If you were serious about hooking us up with a dustributor in the U.A.E. that is something that I am interested in talking about more!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:32 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Of course I was serious... I've contacted a local workshop here who wanted to take a look first and showed some interest. So I'll probably drop by them tmrw. They're the local distributors of HKS & Supersprint too
I'll keep you posted on that
Old 10-29-2008, 10:50 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great review. This exhaust is great!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree with the review !!

wait... I didnt get a Tshirt.... XXL please...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great review! Have not heard one complaint from anyone about Fast Intentions (well except for one person complaining about the exhaust being too loud... But come on, too loud???? Gimme a break man...)

Congrats on the new exhaust!

Last edited by Gamedog; 10-30-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I think that's the first engine modded G in Dubai, or in the middle east? Looks great, it's a shame almost that you have to put those beautiful canisters under the car.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Agree with the review !!

wait... I didnt get a Tshirt.... XXL please...

Got it, XXL. Black or Red?

Tony
Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
black baby.....
Old 10-30-2008, 12:02 PM
frcefed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great review! I can't wait for the spring to order this baby!!!

Quick Reply: Review Fast Intentions Carbon Fiber Catback.. DAYUM!!