NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Dealership denying my warranty claim

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM
konrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dealership denying my warranty claim

SO this will be a long read but its a warning for every one not to go to that Dealership.
I took my car there for a broken diffential.

I get the first call the representative GENA " your car is too low because you have aftermarket warranty and we cant fix it under warranty" my response was " wow that’s weird because its OEM suspension".

Second call Gina calls again 2 days later " the mechanic said that the differential was opened before and the silicone is not layer as it would be from the factory" my response was " wow that’s weird because no one ever opened the differential" so she tells me it will cost me close to $1300 to fix it " or you can pay the mechanic $500 on the side and he can do it on his own time" . So i asked if in the future any one would give me problems that the differential was opened her response was" he will use oem parts". AT this moment i told her i would like to get it fixed under warranty because no one opened the differential and that if worse comes to worse i can pay the mechanic.

I get a third call two days later " we are overnight parts for you and the car will be ready tomorrow and its getting covered under warranty"

Next day comes no one calls, my car is still not fixed...
I get a call on Tuesday 4 days after my car was supposed to be ready, that i can pick up my car.

I drive out 40miles , I get there 30min before closing, returned their loaned and pick up my car.
I drove my car for about 3.2miles and it choked and never started again, in the middle of a busy intersection on Sunrise Highway.

Now at this moment the car is at the dealership for about 3 weeks now.....

I get a call from one of the managers Chuddy or whet ever his name is " your system caused the alternator to fail because we cant start the car" so i tell him that the battery is dead coz i tried starting the car for 20 min and it was just cranking and not starting. He tells me that they will call me back.

I don’t get any calls for 5 days. So i decide to call and ask what’s up. The manager tells me that they don’t know and they waiting for their mechanic but he took days of for Thanksgiving Holliday.

I get a call from Frank the service manager, the guy in charge...." your aftermarket stereo caused a short and burned out the ECM it will cost you $1400 for a new ecm, $300 for fixing the short and $300 to reprogram the new ECM." I tell him i will find a used ECM and if they can use it ... so he tells me to bring him the vin of the ECM and they will check.
I spoke to Frank and asked if they know where the short is , they don’t know... I asked if they can give me proof that the radio caused the problem they say no we can’t. ( with the proof i would have got the shop that installed the radio to pay for the damage)
So i tell him that if he cant prove he has no reason to deny warranty. He tells me that they will not fix anything for me.
I called Infiniti consumer affairs , explained everything , I went to Massapequa picked and called for a tow truck to take it somewhere else.

NOW HERE IS THE PART WHERE IT GETS BAD

I open my car, which was at the dealership for a month now , the battery is dead. I look inside and I see all my stuff from my glove compartment and the upper cubby on the floor, my custom fabricated shift know is missing, my clarion equalized that I paid $150 is missing, my Pioneer 4 channel amp from the trunk is missing, all my carpets are ripped out from the trunk. My calculator is missing, I look outside the car my Carbon fiber hood has about a 12" crack on it, I got scratches on the rear bumper, passenger door and handle, I got scratches on my rear quarter panel , my hood is not closing coz the hinge is bent , the hood dampener is cracked and is not holding.
I went inside and complained they just shrugged their shoulders and said they don’t know anything. When I was about to leave Frank came out running with a camera taking pictures of my "Modifications" on the car... which is exhaust and an aftermarket radio.

Towed the car to Kings Infiniti , Paid $120 for diagnostics and $400 to get my car fixed, turns out there was a short coming from the MAF sensor, coz someone installed it upside down and the wires got pined against the engine....... THE WHOLE TIME MY CAR HAD A STOCK INTAKE BOX AND THE WIRES WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE ENGINE TO GET PINED............

SO INFINITI OF MASAPEQUA , STALL STUFF FROM MY CAR, DID OUTSIDE DAMADGE, AND INSTALLED THE MAF SENSOR UNSPIDE DOWN , ALL BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO GET MONEY OUT OF ME, THERE WAS NO SHORT CAUSED BY THE RADIO AND MY ECM IS JUST FINE
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
wow sorry to hear that... it's a hit and miss with dealerships... the sewell infiniti in dallas is bad ***... i took my car to them and explained my grinding problems... and they were like just leave your car here and we'll replace the transmission... and my afs light was going off... and they replaced that too... i have A LOT of aftermarket parts on my car and they never questioned any of it and fixed what needed to be fixed... i would get them to pay for the damages on your car... is there a way you can legitimately prove they did it?
Old 12-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thats BLOWS!!!! I would get a lawyer and also take this up with Infiniti Consumer affairs right away. Then if that did not work I would beat the living shizzit out of every single person at the dealership that touched my car one by one starting with the service manager.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:12 PM
BiskitG37

That absolutely sucks - "stealership" for sure...
Old 12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really sucks, contact the BBB, consumer affairs, and Nissan NA.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:51 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dont we have a person from that dealership on our forums? If so... he may get banned... this is rediculous... Call the cops bro... you have made many mistakes in this whole deal... you need to get reimbursed by them and have your stuff replaced...

Matter of fact.. if you havent called the cops... you may deserve to have had this done because that was such a bonehead move... Im shocked...

please explain what you have done beside call IA.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Keng

Isn't this the one da_mayor works at?
Old 12-16-2008, 02:58 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Keng
Isn't this the one da_mayor works at?
If so he needs to explain his side of the story... ASAP...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Just FYI, they do have as all car dealers have a garage-keepers insurance policy, they were in possesion of your car and it was damaged while in their care. They are sure as hell responsible for all damages to your vehicle! They can say all they want about warranty and aftermarket stuff, but that has nothing to do with stuff being stolen from your car and damage as well.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:02 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^Yep. They owe.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:04 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh wow. we need another side to the story before we make any other judgments.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Well the warranty stuff is something up for arguement, as for stolen stuff and vehicle damage. The fault goes regardless of cause on the people in care, custody and control. Which is what they had. Even parking structure that say they aren't responsible for damaged vehicles, if you pay to park, they are assuming responsiblilty regardless of what the back of the parking ticket says. They try to print it, but any laywer knows this won't stand up if they went to court.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:10 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Just study up and go get 'em:

Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
nogoodname
Banned

wow...what sh!tty business are they running there.....that is totally scamming right there... the upside part was a total setup.

BUT, did they leave the car outside or was it in a fenced in area??????

i'm curious to hear da_mayor side of this
Old 12-16-2008, 03:12 PM
BigDan727

Well i bought my car from Kenny (da-mayor) he was great and so was the finance guy. DONT CONFUSE THE SALES DEPARTMENT WITH THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

I did however get my car serviced there jsut this week. There customer service was awful but they did do wat the said they woudl do. I went on the website www.infinitiofmassapequa.com and did the Service survey. I got a call back with in an hr from a gentleman names Nick i believe and he offered his apology for my unpleasant experience as well as a free oil change.

Now I understand your situation is much more extreme then mine. I would highly recommend going back there and talking to the owner ( I cant remember his name but he has the big office at the back of the show room.) If he doesnt do anything to help this situation then i would definatly file a formal complaint with the BBB.

Best of luck to u man

Quick Reply: Dealership denying my warranty claim