Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review The new Invidia Gemini exhaust

Old 10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
gthal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new Invidia Gemini exhaust

Hi everyone,

So after selling my Tanabe Medalions, I was in the market for another exhaust. The Tanabes were great and had an amazing tone. After a while with them on the car, I decided they were a little too loud for my taste in the cabin. Outside the car they were perfect but inside they had a little drone here and there and were just a little too loud (my wife hated them).

So, I was originally looking at the Fujitsubo Legalis R and the Stillen as they were both considered quiet. I had decided on the Stillen as it was a full catback and less money than the Fuji. However, I was concerned about the quality... no flex pipe, u-clamps, etc.

Lucky for me, I came across Lou's thread on the new Invidia. I knew that Black Betty got rid of his Tanabes for the older Invidia Q300 for a similar reason to mine. I hadn't considered the older Invidia's due to their raspiness and, for me, their tone wasn't deep enough. Based on Lou's comments and the clips, I bought the Invidia Geminis.

Note: My car is stock except for the Invidia exhaust.

Initial impression: AMAZING quality for such a relatively inexpensive catback. Very nice polished stainless steel, perfect welds, great fitment. The mechanics that installed the exhaust couldn't stop going on about the quality, fitment and value considering how "little" I paid.

Appearance: IMO, one of the best looking exhausts for the G37. Dual canisters, amazing finish and adjustable TI tips. This is my favourite part. I like the tips pushed back and relatively flush. With probably an inch or two of adjustability, it will work for everyone. The rolled tips are great looking and really enhance the appearance of the car.

Sound: Perfect in every way . The exhaust has a nice deep, refined tone. Not quite as deep as the Tanabes but close. NO DRONE, NO RASP, NO BACKPRESSURE FART. NONE. PERIOD. Extremely refined sound. I have personally heard the Tanabes, HKS and this exhaust in person and, IMO, the Invidia is the perfect blend of sportiness, deep and refined tone, and classy fit with the G37. The exhaust sounds, to me, louder than the Tanabes outside of the car but are much quieter inside. I have no idea how Invidia did it but it's true. Very sporty and refined in the cabin and sounds amazing under WOT. For those looking to take the OEM sound and make it deeper and a little louder... this is your exhaust.

I love the exhaust because it can be loud and deep in tone when you want it to be but it is not instrusive in the cabin. On the highway it sounds almost like stock unless my foot is on the throttle a lot. It is a great exhaust for cruising in comfort. Although my wife still thinks it is "loud", she says that she can at least "live with it" unlike the Tanabes .

Performance: The car pulls harder IMO without any loss in torque.

A big thanks to Lou at Amplified for his help and great service. I love the Invidia because I get the sporty and aggressive tone of the Tanabe while having an exhaust that is easier to live with day in and day out. It is the best of both worlds.

Video

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UzAJeNqKLtQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UzAJeNqKLtQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Pictures:

Dyno:

Last edited by gthal; 10-30-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
greek_infiniti9

sounds good! and go Canada
Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Man, the new invidias sound reaaal goood. Btw what size are the tips, they look smaller than usual..
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by TreSe7en
Man, the new invidias sound reaaal goood. Btw what size are the tips, they look smaller than usual..
I think they are 4.25" but I will check tomorrow. They are much bigger than stock and actually look bigger in person. I think the single wall tip option might look even bigger.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats some nice quality vid. the tips is hella small though.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
gthal....a few points:
1. You and I must have very similar taste because that's the EXACT reason I sold my Tanabe....the DRONE in the cabin on the highway which I couldn't deal with. They looked sexy, sounded great in the city, but I do a ton of highway driving and the drone bugged the crap out of me.
2. DAMN YOU for finding the exhaust I've always described: a louder, sexier version of the OEM exhaust. I love the original tone, but want it louder with NO DRONE.
3. The ONLY thing stopping me from whipping out my credit card for Lou at Amp'd is the burnt Ti tips. I'm not the biggest fan (kinda like Heat with her MXP, but she says she likes it now). If they would release non-Ti tips, I'd be ordering without a doubt.

GREAT VIDEO yet again man. Thanks for being a valuable member to the G37 community. You get a
Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
gthal....a few points:
3. The ONLY thing stopping me from whipping out my credit card for Lou at Amp'd is the burnt Ti tips. I'm not the biggest fan (kinda like Heat with her MXP, but she says she likes it now). If they would release non-Ti tips, I'd be ordering without a doubt.
I actually heard that Invidia is adding stainless tip option in the next couple of weeks. Lou could probably confirm. Then you have NO excuse!!

Like you, I was worried about how the tips would look. I actually like them much more than I thought. What made me get past it was how much I missed the deeper tone of the Tanabe and how much I wanted another exhaust. To me, the sound and quality was more important than the tips because I knew either Invidia would come out with a non burnt option or I would just replace them with some other tip later. Having said that, I like them enough that I am going to stick with them.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

how the hell do you shift so smoothly?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
how the hell do you shift so smoothly?
Dunno... didn't think it was particularly smooth...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:25 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Oh yeah, one more thing....props for doing an exhaust review wearing a suit! HA HA!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 PM
gthal

Oh yeah, one more thing....props for doing an exhaust review wearing a suit! HA HA!!
MAN!!! I was hoping no body would notice

I just got back from work and wanted to get the video done before it started to rain!! I didn't want to make you guys wait another day or two for the video...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Originally Posted by gthal
Dunno... didn't think it was particularly smooth...
looked smooth as beyonce's ass in your review.

he's a straight baller. ..lol you should send this video to tanabe for a some dinero.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Thanks for the heads up about the non-Ti tips...I'll talk to Lou in the next few days to see what's in the works.....if it IS true, I'll have to scrape together some cash. DAMN IT. I thought the mod bug had left me alone!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Thanks for your time and for such an amazing review. I love how your car is peaceful and quiet when you want her to but loud when also want her to. Now time to grab some intakes because your car is still not loud enough when you want her to haha
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Raizon

You think adding a HFC will increase the noise outside but maintain the low cabin noise?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review The new Invidia Gemini exhaust