Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Injen Short Ram Intake w/ DYNO

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Injen Short Ram Intake w/ DYNO

I got my Injen SRI's in black in yesterday from USAutotek. Packaging was great and they got here very fast. First off I love the look of the black, it flows with the rest of the stock tubing very well. Also the sound on these things is amazing. You floor it above 4k and they roar like none, but you really have to get on it to hear them. I've heard they will get louder down the road though. Installation was pretty easy and straight forward. Took about 40 min. to do. Anyways, now on to what everyone wants to see and hear. The DYNO

First let me start of by stating a few things.
1. The dyno used was a mustang dyno, thats why the numbers might seem low compared to some other members dynojet numbers.
2. The shop charged by the hour and 1 hour was all i could afford so I only got in 5 runs 4 of which were good. Apparently you need alot more to get accurate averages.
3. I also have y pipe and tanabe exhaust so I dont know who that might affect the numbers.
4. Since I was in such a rush with only an hour, we didnt get a chance to let the car cool down very long with the intakes on.
and 5. This is probably my biggest mistake. Since all the shops were busy yesterday I got too excited and put the intakes on for the evening. Apparently this was a big mistake since the ECU adapts to the new ones very fast, but takes a long time to revert back to stock. So the stock runs the ecu was most likely still running with information from the injens being on before.

Anyways, heres the best two of each run. Take as you want. This was my first time to do any kind of dyno'ing so I had pretty much no clue what I was doing and now realize I made some mistakes.

Run 1(after) 257hp 213tq
run 2(before) 255hp 209tq

So all in all, worst case scenario (pretty much what this was) it made 2hp and 4tq. But like i said i probably screwed up by putting them on the night before and by only doing a few dynos in a short amount of time. I am still very pleased with these intakes and the look and sound of them. And dyno's and all the technical BS aside. Both me and my friend defiantly felt it pull more up high and the throttle response seems much better. What i was most impressed by was my numbers in general. For a mustang dyno most G's have been averaging around 245ish. I was almost shocked that I made 257. So my exhaust and mainly Y pipe have got to be adding some thing. Anyways, it is what it is and i dont regret getting these intakes one bit.

Last edited by wakeboardr116; 05-26-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Those number are really low. I bone stocked at 271hp......
Old 05-20-2009, 08:40 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Mustang dyno?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 PM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Thats most likely on a dynojet dyno. This was a mustang dyno which shows lower numbers. The ones i've seen on here that were on mustang dynos have average around 245. 270 seems to be about the average on a dynojet.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:04 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks for at least trying! It doesn't matter if the #'s are low, what's important is the before/after comparison. Even with the possibility of having messed up the initial set-up, having had some kind of gain is promising. I also like how the AF isn't changed too much.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
wakeboardr116

Yeah, it was also good to see that the a/f was still close to stock. And just like most intakes out there, you dont really get the full potential out of them until a tune and I am sure these will be the same way.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
By the way, were the runs with the hood up/down and was there a fan? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

thanks for trying wake
sometimes it gets a little silly about what you should and shouldn't do
just to try to get accurate numbers from a dyno
Old 05-20-2009, 09:51 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice man, props for going to the dyno, very few people actually follow through with that. I personally love going to the dyno, even if it is the "Heartbreaker" aka, Mustang Dyno. Haha.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Wes_888

Originally Posted by soundmike
Thanks for at least trying! It doesn't matter if the #'s are low, what's important is the before/after comparison. Even with the possibility of having messed up the initial set-up, having had some kind of gain is promising. I also like how the AF isn't changed too much.
+1

Thanks so much for doing this =)

Good to know!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
wakeboardr116

Originally Posted by soundmike
By the way, were the runs with the hood up/down and was there a fan? Thanks!

The hood was up for the runs. There was a fan but it was a pretty small one and he had it pointing at the bottom of the bumper almost underneath the car (the car was a few feet in the air on a lift). I don't think the fan he had made a big factor in the numbers. We swaped them out with the fan still blowing and I couldn't feel it from where the intakes were.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:28 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks for the work wake.
Good to see there's at least no power loss with these intakes.

I've got the black ones too but still haven't had time to put'em on yet.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:38 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree....glad to finally see there's not definite loss with these intakes. I admit it, I was wrong.....so the Injens are going back on Friday. Also installing my GT Spec bar at the same time, then I'll post up pics/sound vids of my new Tanabe Medalion exhaust that I decided to buy tonight!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^ Justin, you gotta post sound clips of that combo. For my reference. LOL.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:57 PM
TJHG37S

you're like a crackhead now man....but the mod pipe down!!!

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
I agree....glad to finally see there's not definite loss with these intakes. I admit it, I was wrong.....so the Injens are going back on Friday. Also installing my GT Spec bar at the same time, then I'll post up pics/sound vids of my new Tanabe Medalion exhaust that I decided to buy tonight!!

Quick Reply: Review Injen Short Ram Intake w/ DYNO