Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 06:56 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels

Redline Goods is pretty well known when it comes to custom leather shift boots, arm rests, steering wheel wraps, etc... They even made custom steering wheel for older Ford Mustangs. Now they're stepping their game up with custom shaped/wrapped steering wheels for the G37(along with other makes/models)

I have contacted Redline Goods, and they have agreed to do a group buy. We'll need a minimum of 10 to get this group buy going, and at 25 buyers, we should see a pretty nice discount.

These wheels will cost ~$650 shipped anywhere in the world, with your choice of leather, padding, thumb grips, flat bottom, and stitching! THERE IS NO CORE CHARGE! This price will change once more people commit to the group by.

PM ME TO GET YOUR WHEEL FOR $595 SHIPPED, NO CORE EXCHANGE

jack@redlinegoods.com is my point of contact for Redline Goods.

Several options will be available on the steering wheels:
  • Bolstered side/thumb grips, extra padding
  • Flat-bottom steering wheel
  • Several combinations of high-quality, Italian leather
  • Custom stitching

To see all of the color choices, visit this link: Redline Goods leather/thread options

COMMITTED BUYERS
  1. ZahyMatar
  2. zer099
  3. kennyz424
  4. Nico-derm
  5. Choman
  6. zonnie
  7. Bravo at
  8. wowwed

G37 flat-bottom steering wheel with bolstered side grips, thumb grips, flat-bottom, and perforated leather sides with black stitching.(Won't get dirty)
This is the one I purchased, I was a guinea pig for this project by Redline Goods.

Last edited by ZahyMatar; 01-04-2017 at 04:52 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ZahyMatar:
2GoRNot2G (10-04-2016), face05 (10-03-2016), zigbeats92 (04-09-2023)
Old 09-29-2016, 06:56 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Reserved just in case!
Old 09-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Here is one of Redline's wheels, from their website. Hopefully they have gotten the leather a little bit tighter and better fitting for this model. Did they give an estimated cost for this? It seems like that would be an important factor for someone to know before they commit.

More example pictures here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/G37shiftboot.php

Old 09-29-2016, 02:32 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ryne
Here is one of Redline's wheels, from their website. Hopefully they have gotten the leather a little bit tighter and better fitting for this model. Did they give an estimated cost for this? It seems like that would be an important factor for someone to know before they commit.

More example pictures here: Infiniti G37 (V36) 2008-13 shift boot - RedlineGoods leather shift boot store

That's just a street wheel wrap, not a custom shaped wheel. And the price is estimated to be around $650 shipped with your choice of custom leather, stitching, side profiles, thumb grips, padding and a flat bottom.

Last edited by ZahyMatar; 09-29-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:55 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

More example pictures here: Infiniti G37 (V36) 2008-13 shift boot - RedlineGoods leather shift boot store

Hi guys

I decided to drop by and maybe offer some assistance/explanation

As Zahy wrote - what you see in this photo is the custom made leather cover with padding that customer installed himself, hence some imperfections (still a great job for someone with no previous experinece with this kind of work, if you ask me )

So when talking about flat bottom steering wheels, you receive them professionally rewrapped

Should you have any more questions, do not hesitate to ask. I'm here to help :-)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-30-2016, 11:40 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
List of questions:

1. Is there a core cost/refund? What if we have a spare core we would like to send in?
2. If we already have certain leather and/or alcantara used in our car and have leftover materials can we send it in so it will match?
3. If we have a certain thread color used throughout the car, can we also send it in to be used so it will match?
4. Can you expand more on "Bolstered side/thumb grips, extra padding"? For example, can you extra pad the wheel and make the thumb grips more aggressive? Like such:

(totally stolen from else where on this site)

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:45 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zer099
List of questions:

1. Is there a core cost/refund? What if we have a spare core we would like to send in?
2. If we already have certain leather and/or alcantara used in our car and have leftover materials can we send it in so it will match?
3. If we have a certain thread color used throughout the car, can we also send it in to be used so it will match?
4. Can you expand more on "Bolstered side/thumb grips, extra padding"? For example, can you extra pad the wheel and make the thumb grips more aggressive? Like such:

(totally stolen from else where on this site)

Thanks!
That's actually the EXACT picture I sent to Redline to have them try to replicate it. I'll have some pictures next week!

I'll contact them and get back to you with a response regarding those questions.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts

Last edited by Ryne; 05-15-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:45 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

If this truly will be $650 all in, that is a pretty good deal if everything looks right.
That doesn't include the group by discount!
Old 10-02-2016, 11:06 PM
colin.ssc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any idea how much itll cost to ship to Western Australia 6164? I am interested but depending on the final price.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:46 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Originally Posted by colin.ssc
Any idea how much itll cost to ship to Western Australia 6164? I am interested but depending on the final price.
The price is $650 shipped. Reardless the destination Oh well, maybe with a few exceptions such as Russia ;-)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
The following users liked this post:
colin.ssc (10-04-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:34 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

With those steering wheels available on ebay in a $55 - $80 price range and our design shop located in Poland, I'm afraid it does not make any sense - you'd be better off sellingyour current wheel on ebay

Double YES. But we may need more material for tryouts - various leahers have different stretch to them so to ensure the proper fit me may need to play with your fabric a little.

This has already beed answered We are working on replicating this steering wheel for Zahy. Hope to show you the results soon

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 10-03-2016, 09:47 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Sounds good to me then. If they can replicate that steering wheel pretty closely and I can send them the Alcantara and thread I've been using so it matches then I'm in on a group buy.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:13 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Sounds good to me then. If they can replicate that steering wheel pretty closely and I can send them the Alcantara and thread I've been using so it matches then I'm in on a group buy.
I've added you to the list
Jack said my wheel should arrive back from the fabricator on Wednesday so I'm hoping it looks like that picture!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Interested to see some pictures, website doesn't show any flat bottom steering wheels that I can find... or custom steering wheels at all for the matter. Everything seems to be "Covers" unless I'm missing something. Definitely interested... waiting on finished look

Quick Reply: GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels