G37 Sedan

leaving you for few months

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 05:23 PM
sebounet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leaving you for few months

So i changed my g37x 2009 for a 2012 acura tl sh awd tech auto.

I leased it for 25 month (maintenance included), so i will be on the market when the new g37 will be out and other cars. I have loved my g37 but i didn't want to lease the same car for 3 years. And to be honest our G need a refreshment. I was looking a g37x coupe, and i was surprised that i found it a bit old design (i think to close to the altima also), but i used to like it.

So i will be back on acurazine forum (i have owned a 2005 and 2007 TL before).

See you in two years may be

Thanks everyone for all the tips

Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2011, 06:42 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hope you are satisfied with the downgrading.

The current basic design has been around since 2007 but it doesn't make it outdated. The G is still one of the best looking car on the market today. I wouldn't judge the aesthetics based on how long it has been around, but how good it compares to others. I would call the upcoming 2013 GS350 ugly even it has not yet hit the market.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:47 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00

The current basic design has been around since 2007 but it doesn't make it outdated. The G is still one of the best looking car on the market today. I wouldn't judge the aesthetics based on how long it has been around, but how good it compares to others. I would call the upcoming 2013 GS350 ugly even it has not yet hit the market.
Agree 100%, at least you got the AWD though
Old 12-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Use the car in good health. I liked my '06 TL.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
sebounet

No you are wright, it's not a question of time. But i like new things that's it. In my opinion they should improve the interior design. For the look it's so personal. But you know i'm not in love with the G37 neither with the TL. In this category of car none of them that i wanted really hard. Classe C, BMW etc... name it. The only one that i really like was the last generation TL.

Today everything is aging fast, that was my point. So if a company don't change or upgrade the design , it's become boring. You know for me it's hard to keep a car 3 years... life is too short

May be it's a downgrade as some people said, but for 2 years it's ok, plus i will save money with more gadgets inside compare to what i have with my g37.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:19 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by sebounet
No you are wright, it's not a question of time. But i like new things that's it. In my opinion they should improve the interior design. For the look it's so personal. But you know i'm not in love with the G37 neither with the TL. In this category of car none of them that i wanted really hard. Classe C, BMW etc... name it. The only one that i really like was the last generation TL.

Today everything is aging fast, that was my point. So if a company don't change or upgrade the design , it's become boring. You know for me it's hard to keep a car 3 years... life is too short

May be it's a downgrade as some people said, but for 2 years it's ok, plus i will save money with more gadgets inside compare to what i have with my g37.
It may be a downgrade as far as compared to the Gs RWD performance and IMO exterior, but you will gain in the interior dept. and a quieter cabin, probably better paint too. Acura was on such a roll in the early days of the Legends, Integras, Vigors, NSX, and really seemed like after the NSX they'd be a more performance geared company, now they seem like a compromise between Lexus and Infiniti, not quite the performance of the Infinitis and not quite the luxury of the Lexus. Now if they put more fun back into their lineup by borrowing some of Hondas S2k lineage or an up to date NSX then I'd be liking them more these days. At least they've minimized the fugly front end beak
Old 12-23-2011, 09:32 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by blnewt
It may be a downgrade as far as compared to the Gs RWD performance and IMO exterior, but you will gain in the interior dept. and a quieter cabin, probably better paint too. Acura was on such a roll in the early days of the Legends, Integras, Vigors, NSX, and really seemed like after the NSX they'd be a more performance geared company, now they seem like a compromise between Lexus and Infiniti, not quite the performance of the Infinitis and not quite the luxury of the Lexus. Now if they put more fun back into their lineup by borrowing some of Hondas S2k lineage or an up to date NSX then I'd be liking them more these days. At least they've minimized the fugly front end beak
Great sumup. I would not have bought one if they didn't have changed the beak. Now it's ok, but more anonymous

The exhaust sound is going to miss me. Although with windows closed it was not always so good in my opinion. That 's why even on winter i let my window open to hear the music
Old 12-23-2011, 10:44 PM
metrix

can you tell us why you chose the TL again? I was looking at it too, as my lease is almost up and I am thinking awd sedan. But the TL is heavier than the G and has noticeably less HP. Torque vectoring looks cool and the handling I'm sure is on point. Still, the G just seems like 100% sports sedan whereas the TL seems like a entry luxury sedan that happens to have good awd and decent engine output. Not in the same league IMO
Old 12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
It's hard to understand that people would compare TL to G37, besides they both have 4 wheels in sedan layout, they share nothing in common. If you like a true sport sedan flavor, look no further than the G37 and BMW 335 in the $40K range. Toward luxury end is the Lexus ES or GS. Acura always lack of personality IMO, this is why they are less popular than either Lexus or Infiniti. Honda needs to seriously reconsider the approach how they design a car that people would buy, otherwise nothing could save them from lagging more behind Nissan and Toyota.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:06 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by metrix
can you tell us why you chose the TL again? I was looking at it too, as my lease is almost up and I am thinking awd sedan. But the TL is heavier than the G and has noticeably less HP. Torque vectoring looks cool and the handling I'm sure is on point. Still, the G just seems like 100% sports sedan whereas the TL seems like a entry luxury sedan that happens to have good awd and decent engine output. Not in the same league IMO
Well, i was looking also the volvo s60 T6 or s60R, really fun to drive car, but was afraid for reliability.

Yes the TL is large, too large, but the TSX that is the same size of the g37 is not awd. So almost no other choice.
What i like about TL, is interior, IMO, it's better than G. Not specially about quality but in design.
The ELS sound system beat the bose in our G. It has less base but if you have some 5.1 CDs or DVDs it's very good. It's more refined and this word define well the TL compare to G. It's less brutal, it's less noisy. Sometimes in the G i would have like to have a button to tune down the exhaust sound and sometimes i would have like to have it noiser. Same problem will happen with the TL but in the other way.

Also may be i m getting older and racing , speeding is less important for me. But i like a car that grip on the road, with more confort, and TL answer to my choice.

Also the price , for 25 month lease maintenance included is a steal.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:09 PM
sebounet

It's hard to understand that people would compare TL to G37, besides they both have 4 wheels in sedan layout, they share nothing in common. If you like a true sport sedan flavor, look no further than the G37 and BMW 335 in the $40K range. Toward luxury end is the Lexus ES or GS. Acura always lack of personality IMO, this is why they are less popular than either Lexus or Infiniti. Honda needs to seriously reconsider the approach how they design a car that people would buy, otherwise nothing could save them from lagging more behind Nissan and Toyota.
From 2004 to 2007 the TL was one of the best selling car in his category. The new style from 2009 to 2011 made them loose a lot of faithfull customer. When i bought my G in 2009, i saw 1 hour almost 3 peoples with the last TL generation that were shopping for a G in

Lexus are boring car, sorry. The look ???, GS where is the look , the last generation is awfull and expensive, the IS is too small and need a refresh
Old 12-23-2011, 11:21 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Good luck with your new ride. Each car has its strengths and weaknesses. You picked the one that suits you best.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:52 PM
metrix

Thanks for sharing your reasons for picking the TL. I have been doing a lot of research on all the awd sedans out there and TL sounds cool, but definitely different than the G. I definitely think you get a lot of car for the money with the TL, its just ultimately not the type of car I want (although its close). 335 or S4 is ideal but I dont want to deal with german prices and 'reliability'. The volvo S60 type R looks very nice but let's be honest its just not as good or cool as the S4 and costs almost as much. I'd take a 335 over an S60R actually.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:39 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by sebounet
Well, i was looking also the volvo s60 T6 or s60R, really fun to drive car, but was afraid for reliability.

Yes the TL is large, too large, but the TSX that is the same size of the g37 is not awd. So almost no other choice.
What i like about TL, is interior, IMO, it's better than G. Not specially about quality but in design.
The ELS sound system beat the bose in our G. It has less base but if you have some 5.1 CDs or DVDs it's very good. It's more refined and this word define well the TL compare to G. It's less brutal, it's less noisy. Sometimes in the G i would have like to have a button to tune down the exhaust sound and sometimes i would have like to have it noiser. Same problem will happen with the TL but in the other way.

Also may be i m getting older and racing , speeding is less important for me. But i like a car that grip on the road, with more confort, and TL answer to my choice.

Also the price , for 25 month lease maintenance included is a steal.

I think you made a good choice even if others don't agree. The TL SH-AWD handles very well and is a nice car in all aspects but looks. No they did not go far enough in fixing that issue. Congratulations and see you in a couple of years!
Old 12-24-2011, 01:44 AM
Hapa DC5

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Stop trolling. Acura sells more units then Infiniti.

A natural competitor to the TL has always been the G.

Quick Reply: leaving you for few months