Pushing Vendors to Develop Suspension Mods for the AWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pushing Vendors to Develop Suspension Mods for the AWD

I was searching on the G35Driver.com site and I found a thread inwhich someone was in contact with Hotchkis about a sway for the AWD Sedan. Thier claim was that they needed AWD car from California to assist them in this development. Upon reading the thread, I felt that there was limited availability of this and suggested that I ship my Sedan to Cali to assit with this development. I would also ship my Coupe to assist in development of suspensions items such as sways, springs, or coilovers.

I post this thread here so that maybe a development person with one of these companies sees this and takes me up on the offer.

I am willing to assit the communicty of vendors that develop products for this car. I am willing to modify this car in many ways. There also seems to be a great amount of support for these items since there is limited development in the north-east where the majority of AWD G's live. So in order to break the log jam, I suggets that I offer my vehicles up for development.

Please let me know what I can do to assist in either developemnt or testing. I am sure this community would eat-up a chance to get these products. There is an untapped maket and I am will to assit.

Please advise

Frustrated AWD Modder
Old 08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Mike P

I called Hotchkis today and left a voicemail for Mark Rossetti. Will update any other communciation I have with the vendors. Hope they are open this approach.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
I had one of the first production units for the Hotchkis sways on my car (picked them up drectly from Hotchkis the day they finished production), and my buddy Travis, KulG35, did the pre-production fitment of these sways on his car. I can get the name and number of the person at Hotchkis you need to talk to if you like. Also, I am working with JIC on some custom coil overs for my car, so I may be able to put you in contact with the right people there as well. PM me if your interested.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I hate that all these companies seem to be from California! lol
Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by efuseakay
I hate that all these companies seem to be from California! lol
I don't understand that either. I guess that's where the revolution started.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Wes_888

subscribed. Thanks for doing this Mike. The AWD community commends you.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:57 PM
GxS

Originally Posted by Wes_888
subscribed. Thanks for doing this Mike. The AWD community commends you.
Indeed we do commend you
Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Triple_X

+10000000

I was lucky enough to have eibach springs available after waiting a few months for them to be developed. Would love the option of more AWD mods. Sways, coils, etc.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Triple_X

I've contacted hotchkis and every coilover company I could think of and they all said there are no future plans for AWD. Guess the market is so limited and it's not worth it to them

yes I realize this is the sedan section, but if they make for the AWD sedan the coupe will get some love too I'd imagine
Old 09-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Mike P

I e-mailed Eibach today and had some e-mail discussions with them. They would still prefer a California person, but I know this will surprise you guys, I pushed them and I think they may have some interests. They of course would love for me to just send my car at my own expense, but I think there is still time to devote to negotiations. I will keep pushing as long as those who have been vocal about this buy the products. It is very important that we put our money where our mouth is. I am willing to do my part, either send my vehicle to Cali for R&D or buy the product that comes out from other R&D efforts. Seems vendors are hesitant in this economy and I don't balme them. If it was my company I would want to make sure my investment has a return. It will take supporting the first one before we can get the others, IMO. Updates to follow.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:30 PM
classy37

Hey folks- I started the thread below after speaking to an Eibach rep. He's posted in the thread, all he needs is a car to test fitment on. I know, easier said than done...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...t-springs.html
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
mods for awd? i talked to gtm and theyre gonna have something for u awd boys soon probably
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
classy37

Originally Posted by Triple_X
+10000000

I was lucky enough to have eibach springs available after waiting a few months for them to be developed. Would love the option of more AWD mods. Sways, coils, etc.
Confused. How did you get Eibach springs developed for your X?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM
nitromt

Originally Posted by Triple_X
I've contacted hotchkis and every coilover company I could think of and they all said there are no future plans for AWD. Guess the market is so limited and it's not worth it to them

yes I realize this is the sedan section, but if they make for the AWD sedan the coupe will get some love too I'd imagine
The market for X sedans is pretty sizeable in the Northeast. In fact, I rarely see RWD G Sedans if any here in the Northeast.

I believe Tein does make a coilover setup for the 07-08 G35X sedan, however, we are still waiting for more manufacturers to make a coilover setup for the 09+ G37X Sedan.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
GxS

^That would be a negative. The only company that currently has coilovers for X's is BC Racing and the coils have only been tested on V35 X's.

Quick Reply: Pushing Vendors to Develop Suspension Mods for the AWD