Canada Serving Canada.

Tires23 Review, Mississauga

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Sinfiniti

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tires23 Review, Mississauga

Hey Everyone!

I've been promising this review for sometime now, so here it is...

Tires23 is located in Mississauga: tires23.com

If anything, my aim by posting this thread is to educate and inform others out there about my experience with tires23. I'm sure everyone is adult enough to make their own decisions about who they want to give their $$$$ for purchase/installation.

I have recently sold my IS300 and purchased a 2010 Infiniti G37x. So these experiences were recent with my new vehicle.

SPRINGS

I was looking for springs to lower my vehicle and called around GTA. The best price that I got was from tires23 and I was happy since it was close to me! The springs were $300 taxes in and they suggested that their associate, a GTR mechanic, could do the installation for me. For this purchase I dealt with one of the employees there, Benny, who was decent to deal with. I placed the order and talked to the mechanic about installation, and he quoted me a pretty good rate of $150. So I was told about 1.5 weeks for delivery.

3.5 weeks later they called me that the springs were finally in. Finally! So I tried to schedule the install with the GTR mechanic and he was not responsive to my emails (they would not provide his phone #). And when he finally responded he said 5 days later he MIGHT have some time. So, I just decided to go with a garage I knew before for install instead, that ended up charging me LESS. Anyway, so I scheduled with the garage and then I went to pick up my springs the day before the install. One of the guys in the shop brought the box to my car and put them in the trunk and I didn’t really take a second look until I got home. What I realized is that they gave me someone’s OLD, USED and GREASY springs! WTF. I was pretty upset because I paid good money for new springs and I had an appointment booked for installation. It was a long weekend, so I had to cancel my installation appointment and sent the owner of Tires23, Billy, an email with pictures explaining what I received. The only thing I was worried all night after I picked up the springs, just hoping they wouldn’t give me problems to get the springs I actually ordered and I hoped that they were in the shop and that I wouldn’t have to wait another 4 weeks for them! The box they gave me even looked used and it was the wrong part #. How annoying…… Anyway, after the long weekend he called me and said, “Ohhh, Sorry, I think we have your new springs here in a box waiting”. So I chalked it up to be a simple mistake. I had to go back to the shop, drop the other box and pick up the new one. All I got was a “Sorry”…. I had bought tires from these guys in the past (for the Lex) so I knew they were pretty good to deal with from that experience.

Springs that they initially gave me:

Name:  DEF1A946-33D1-41B2-AF83-0B014BC986F0-4786-000000BED3EB7DFB.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  54.7 KB
Name:  477D1A81-9D03-44A0-B70C-1A532B6C4EBB-4786-000000BEFA08E269.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  70.4 KB

Old 06-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Sinfiniti

TIRES AND INSTALLATION

After going back and forth with Tires23, Nextmod and others on pricing for wheels my final decision was to purchase them from Nextmod. I purchased a set of staggered 20” Vossen CV1 wheels. They had the best price, about $300 less then any other supplier I called (in Canada and USA).

I knew I would make the purchase of my tires from tires23 since their prices are pretty competitive and they include mounting/balancing in the price of the tires. The tires 20” Hankook v12 ended up coming to about $1250 as expected. They came in pretty quickly within 1.5 weeks, so not too much delay there.

I was super excited to get them installed onto my car. So I had my friend drop off the new wheels at tires23 (on a Friday) and my appointment for installation was for Saturday. Benny and I had discussed that they would include removal of the TPMS from my current wheels and install in the new wheels at no additional cost. He said its not typical for them to do it, but that they would do it, no problem. Billy was aware of this, so I thought. Another thing was that I called Billy to ask them about their selection of lugs in store and he told me that they have a wide variety as I would assume a tire shop to have. So, I just left the lugs to last min, and figured I would purchase whatever they have at their shop when I went to get the wheels installed.

On the Saturday afternoon I showed up and talked to Billy. I ask him if I can choose the lugs, and he shows me only 3 options. :whine: Some low brand AM lugs that are $60 and then some nice Rays ones for $250. Problem is there was NOTHING in between that pricing and very limited selection of colours and styles. I was pretty disappointed with that, but that point I had put myself in the position that I just needed to buy something since I was already there, and only minutes away from rolling away on my new sexy wheels. The lugs were the least of my concerns…. I picked some Drop lugs that were $60.

I asked Billy to bring my wheel so I could just check the colour of the lug I picked against the wheel. He brings it into the office and it already has the tires installed on them… WTF I had made the appointment to do that and get it installed on my car. Plus, I had made the deal with them about taking the TPMS out of my old wheels and putting in the new wheels!!! So I asked him why they did that.

That's when the attitude started, he said that we never discussed putting the TPMS in there and now that they have to remove the new tires on new wheels and old tires on old wheels to get the sensors out then reinstall tires its going to cost extra.:shocked: I said to him no because we made the deal already and you guys shouldn’t have installed the tires on the new wheels until my appointment time. He said it was no where in writing and so I checked my emails and he was right. We didn’t have it in writing even though it was a verbal discussion. I also thought after the f*ck-up with the springs he wouldn’t have a problem throwing something small like that in.

IN the end he made me pay $40 extra for that. I just did it, even though I was not happy too.:giveup: He was also talking so loud in their office that all the employees and customers could hear. I was trying to be discrete but if he wants to make a show of things, I can do that too... So now, between tires, lugs, wheels, install I’m at about $3400!!

All I could think about is how hawt those wheels were gonna look on my car.

I need to mention that when my friend dropped the wheels off at tires23 he told Billy very carefully, “She is VERY picky, and you guys need to be careful, do not scratch her wheels or she will be extremely upset”. Billy apparently said “OK, we won’t damage them”.

Now, wheels are installed, I go out and look at the car…. Wheels are looking like sex… getting closer andddd …..the F*CKING WHEELS ARE SCRATCHED. Brand new wheels scratched … Both passenger side wheels are scratched near the centre cap. It’s not terrible damage, but that’s not the point, these guys are supposed to be aftermarket installers and know that especially after they were warned… Do not F*ck-up this install.

I went to Billy and showed him (I have a feeling he saw the damage already but thought that I would not notice it). He didn’t really change his expression, but offered to refinish the wheels (this fall) for me. I told him that wasn’t enough and that they need to give me a discount because of this. All he offered to do was take off the $40 additional that he charged me to install the TPMS that was supposed to be installed anyway. I was so pissed at this point. I took his offer and left for the day. The plan was to return the next day to get the old tires and wheels in a car that could actually fit them. I told him not to remount those tires on the old wheels since I would be selling the tires.

That night I talked to a forum friend who suggested not having the wheels refinished with tires23 because they would probably do a ****ty job and make the wheels look even worse. Instead I would ask them for more money back for the damage.

When we came back the next day, the old tires were mounted on the old wheels, of course, and I had to ask him to remove them again. It’s so annoying because it seems like he doesn’t listen and is just going through the motions.

I also told him that I would not have the wheels refinished with them and I asked for an additional $200. He said I was asking for too much. I don’t think so considering that they scratched my new $2000+ wheels and I spent $1350 at their location on tires & lugs + the $300 for the springs I had previously purchased. He offered me $100 back and wouldn’t go higher, so I took it. $100 does not cover the damage and hassle they gave me. I actually deserve a full refund for having to deal with Billy’s ego too.

I’m so happy to be done with them.

In conclusion, my advise as always is to be careful who you do business with.

I’ve purchased 2 sets of tires, springs and lugs from these guys for a total of about $3000 of business. Plus, I have referred at least 3 other Infiniti G owners to them that purchased springs for another $900 and also 2 people from my work that bought tires from them for another $2000 together at least. I will never recommend them again.

Billy has changed, and the shop has changed. My experiences with them in the past were better and their customer service was better. Now, they are successful and busy and they’re slipping on the customer service side of it.
[B]

Sorry for all my rambling, but I just got so upset with this experience... :S

After Pictures...

Name:  43CAA448-5C0E-4986-A0D8-648F2436783C-4786-000000BFB38C8C09.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  127.6 KB
Name:  8DB61D80-1AC0-46C5-99FE-570E5B06B5FB-4786-000000BFA545D48F.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  126.8 KB

chips in paint around centre cap - not that bad but still
Name:  5BB01821-FE70-4660-83C8-85BDACAD4CD7-14198-0000024531D1BC3C.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  75.3 KB

Last edited by Sinfiniti; 06-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
When I got my snow tires/wheels, discount tire scratched one of the wheels during tire mounting. They ordered a replacement the same day and swapped the tire without issue. Granted, this was a $150 wheel. For $3000 sale I would expect the outfit to be a bit more customer service oriented.

As for the springs, that's partially your fault. Unless the item is still in sealed manufacturer's packaging, always bet to CYA and inspect before leaving. They could of claimed those were your old springs.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:37 AM
unknowndesi
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
next time you visit my tire uncle :-P
Old 06-22-2013, 03:32 AM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry for your experience Sinfiniti. The marks don't look too bad to touch up instead of a complete refinish (which don't always come out right). Trust me being a Vossen owner and the same gun metal paint, it will start flaking off on the lip of the rims in no time anyway. Vossens paint durablilty is nothing to brag about. I already had to buy some touch up paint which blends in nicely and will now have to touch up the numerous chips I now count on the rear rim lips.

That being said, I would have lost it if there was even a small chip of the paint spotted when I had them installed for the first time. Considering the money I spent on the rims/tires/lugs it would have been order a new rim or take them back and refund my money. Luckily I didn't have a problem with my local installer which I have been back a few times prior to my Infiniti.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:15 AM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sorry you had to go through all that trouble at least your car gives me a orgasm lol if you need anything else I have a few shops around my area that will give you a great deal on w.e you want. That goes to all my G people in the area I'm very picking to who works on my car and has you all seen there's not a single scratch anywhere on the car. So hit me up anytime if you guys need anything I'll point you in the right direction so you don't gotta deal with shops like tire23
Old 06-26-2013, 04:20 PM
SkylineEX-S

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Holy crap Sinfiniti. I would have lost it if my experience with Tires23 was like that. Luckily for me I was there the whole time and watched them like a hawk. Strange that they didn't charge me for TPMS install and/or new lugs. I did get some cheap tuner lugs thrown in but it what I was looking for anyway.

Maybe the difference was that I bought the whole package from them... Wheels, tires mounting and TPMS install. I had a written quote for the wheels/tires and got them to throw in the TMPS and lugs while in the shop.

Maybe people should be cautious about Tires23...

BTW Car looks great though !
Old 06-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Sinfiniti

Originally Posted by unknowndesi
next time you visit my tire uncle :-P
Thanks hommie
Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Sinfiniti

Originally Posted by Jsolo
When I got my snow tires/wheels, discount tire scratched one of the wheels during tire mounting. They ordered a replacement the same day and swapped the tire without issue. Granted, this was a $150 wheel. For $3000 sale I would expect the outfit to be a bit more customer service oriented.

As for the springs, that's partially your fault. Unless the item is still in sealed manufacturer's packaging, always bet to CYA and inspect before leaving. They could of claimed those were your old springs.
Thanks for your feedback. You're right that it was partially my fault for not checking the box of springs upon pick up however good thing they didn't give me any issues for that. It was still absurd of them to give me someone's old springs. That's just inexcusable IMO.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Sinfiniti

Originally Posted by Ontario G37S
Sorry for your experience Sinfiniti. The marks don't look too bad to touch up instead of a complete refinish (which don't always come out right). Trust me being a Vossen owner and the same gun metal paint, it will start flaking off on the lip of the rims in no time anyway. Vossens paint durablilty is nothing to brag about. I already had to buy some touch up paint which blends in nicely and will now have to touch up the numerous chips I now count on the rear rim lips.

That being said, I would have lost it if there was even a small chip of the paint spotted when I had them installed for the first time. Considering the money I spent on the rims/tires/lugs it would have been order a new rim or take them back and refund my money. Luckily I didn't have a problem with my local installer which I have been back a few times prior to my Infiniti.
Thanks for the reassurance and let me know which touch up paint brand and colour you bought to match the matte graphite vossens! I need to grab some.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Sinfiniti

Originally Posted by daren_ipl
your car gives me a orgasm lol
Wow. Just wow. Hahaha. New sig perhaps?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Sinfiniti

Originally Posted by SkylineEX-S
Holy crap Sinfiniti. I would have lost it if my experience with Tires23 was like that. Luckily for me I was there the whole time and watched them like a hawk. Strange that they didn't charge me for TPMS install and/or new lugs. I did get some cheap tuner lugs thrown in but it what I was looking for anyway.

Maybe the difference was that I bought the whole package from them... Wheels, tires mounting and TPMS install. I had a written quote for the wheels/tires and got them to throw in the TMPS and lugs while in the shop.

Maybe people should be cautious about Tires23...

BTW Car looks great though !
Thanks buddy.
Yeah maybe they are racist hahaha I'm sure they threw it in because you bought the whole package from them. Still not cool how they behaved but I'm glad your experience was a positive one!