Canada Serving Canada.

Erickson infiniti edmonton screwing me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry Erickson infiniti edmonton screwing me?

Pleas see below the e-mail from my wife and the e-mail I sent the service manager. The issue with the paint wasthe shipping prtetion came loose during transport and chafed the paint.

Wife's email to me;

<META content="Microsoft SafeHTML" name=Generator><STYLE>.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}</STYLE>Not good...I got the car back today. It was raining cats and doggs out so I could not tell what kind of work was done. Brought it home washed it in the garage so I could see what was done. Basically nothing. did not paint anything. They tried to buff it out. Now the whole corner panel is swirled cratches and dull because the clear coat has been buffed off. I am pissed. Called the service manager. He basically said that is what was agreed upon. I said no it wasn;t . Said it was out of his hands and was gonna get the sales guy to talk to me later. Cluster ****! Nothing like trying to scam the ****ing customer. You are gonna have to try to call from Russia. They obviously are not taking me seriously and are trying to **** me over. Oh they didn't have any paper work for me to sign so we are good on that end. I should have known that only having the car for one day meant they did not paint it. They only removed the piller 3M. The corner panel was left on as well as the mirror. Oh and the marks are still on the mirror too.

My e-mail to service manager;

Dwayne;

My wife dropped our new FX50S off to get the paint issue taken care of on the front quatre pannel door and mirror. She said that the pannels were not repainted and looks worse then before. She also informes me that you told her that all we agreed on was a polish. This is a lie and I do not accept the work that was done to repar this car. I am currently in Russia and feel that you are trying to take advantage of this issue with my wife. I will issue a stop payment from my bank on the FX and you can have it back. I bought this truck over other dealers as you service in the past has been a+. This incident however is unacceptable. Tony at alberts agreeed that it needed to be painted. I did not feel you were going to be a dealership that would try to pull the wool over my eyes but now it appeares so. I will wait to hear back from you via e-mail in the next 2 working days, as my working houres on the rig are opposite from working houres in Canada. This issue will now be brought up with infinii canada as well. I will not accept a $75K car with a abviously flawed paint job.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 AM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats just ignorant and what makes it worse is that you cant do **** about it being away (which I know kills you) My wife is HR director for Ford and the dealership that she works for tried to screw us out of $2000 by not not telling us about the rebate they are all scumbags even the one closest to you. There are few and very few that are honest

GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 AM
shumby

can someone post this on driver for some reason it is blocked here at work.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:53 AM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. And I never want to cross your wife.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Stems

That's terrible dude. Ericksen has it's good points but stuff like this is always concerning. I wish there were more then just the one dealership in the city
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
SwivelMan

Originally Posted by shumby
can someone post this on driver for some reason it is blocked here at work.
DONE! Sorry you and M are having to deal with this.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 PM
inTgr8r
Proud member of the COFC

WOW... that really sucks.
Sorry that you have to deal with this, especially with being out of the country.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:55 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep us posted.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Typical Erickson. I hope you get it sorted out.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:04 PM
shumby

my e-mail to them

Shaun;

Well everything is not right with the FX. After taking it home to wash it there was an issue with the paint on the driver Quarter, door and mirror. I took it in to service and then when to Alberts to see tony about fixing it. Tony and I agreed that it would need to be painted as power polishing a black car with the new clear was not an option. After it was dropped off by my wife on the 6th it was given back on the 7th. She said it was not painted and that the panel is now worse then ever. I called Dwayne and he said that I was calling Tony a liar and we only agreed on polish. This is simply not true and at this point I am 100% willing to stop payments on the FX and return it to you. In the past 2 years I have bought 3 cars from your dealer totalling close to 200K. This is not the lever of service that I was expecting. I have dealt with you guys fairly on every issue in the past and all issues were dealt with very well until now. Dwayne also told me that the issue would now have to wait for me to get back. ( I am currently in Russia until the 7th of AUG) I am not happy that service feels they cannot deal with my wife. She is a capable person and car lover just like me and is the co-owner of the car, if the fact that she is a woman is the issue shame on you guys. This issue needs to be addressed and addressed soon. I am in the 30 day return period for the car and if the panels cannot be fix to a suitable level please consider this my official request to return the FX.

Dwayne;

Please let me know how your conversation went with Tony today. I trust Tony's work and he is very good at what he does. However I am not calling him a liar but we both agreed that the FX would need pain and power polishing a black car with infiniti new clear was not an option as to the swirls it would cause. My wife is waiting to hear from you.

Both;

Please forward this e-mail to your GM and sales manager and CC me on that as I do not have there e-mail. I would also like to get the number for infiniti Canada from you so that there will be a record of this matter brought up with them. Internet is slow out here on the rig and it will save me time with my search if you could give me this info. Once again I am truly disappointed in the lever of service I have received on this issue. I bought this car from you because of the past excellent service I have gotten from you. I have helped sell cars for you and have always given your dealership glowing reviews on all the online infiniti forms I am on as well as all G/Z meets I go to. I hope this issue will be resolved soon and that it will not have to come to me returning the FX50S.

Upset customer

Stephen Humby

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: STEPHENHUMBY@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: Ericksen Infiniti Nissan - 2009 Infiniti FX50
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 1747 +0000

Dear Steven and Melissa,

Thank you for recent visit to Ericksen Infiniti Nissan. If you have additional questions
that come to mind in the near future. Please feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy
to answer any of your questions. If for any reason I'm not available please feel free to call
Ryan Bazar, my manager, who is also available to assist you.

Wifes e-mail back to me;

I went into infiniti. they were only nice to me because you had called. Gonna get the car in for the 20th of July. Could have been right away but they did not have a car for me. They are painting the front fender, door, mirror, A piller and they scatched the shinny plastic by the window on the door when i had it in the last time, so I asked for that to be replaced too. Then i double checked about the 3M and that will be done after the paint sets. You may want to get things double checked and mention the plastics piece by the window on the door so they do not forget. I even took the vehicle in to show them. Took me into his office, I guess so I woould not make a scene who knows.

Melissa Humby BSc & BEd
Chemistry, Biology & Computer Teacher
Buck Mountain Central School

Last edited by shumby; 07-08-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
At least you got results.

(And now I know where your username comes from)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
ucla bruin

+1, I've always thought your name was Shu Mby. Now we know it's S. Humby.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM
shumby

recap

RE: fx50‏
Sent: July 9, 2009 2:01:05 PM
To: Brad Burgess (bburgess@ericksennissan.com); melissasperry@hotmail.com

Brad;

Glad to hear from you and I hope you had a good few days off. I am going to send you the e-mails in order I got from my wife and then the follow up I got from Dwayne Service manager.

To start I will give you what was this issue with the paint. The front door and fender a-piller and mirror were damaged from the shipping film coming loose. I took this into service and talked to Dwayne about it. It was attempted to be buffed out by your shop while I watched. This had very little effect. At this point I waited 1 hr for Alberts to open up and I drove the
FX over to him myself. We dissuced that it would need to be painted because power buffing a black car with the new clear will just leave swrils and scratches. We made an appointment at that time for the 6th or june to drop the car off. As I am in Russia my wife dropes the car off and is suprised to here that it is ready the next day. (e-mails below)

Wifes e-mail to me;

(No Subject)‏
Sent: July 7, 2009 149 PM
To: Stephen Humby (stephenhumby@hotmail.com)

Not good...I got the car back today. It was raining cats and doggs out so I could not tell what kind of work was done. Brought it home washed it in the garage so I could see what was done. Basically nothing. did not paint anything. They tried to buff it out. Now the whole corner panel is swirled cratches and dull because the clear coat has been buffed off. I am pissed. Called the service manager. He basically said that is what was agreed upon. I said no it wasn;t . Said it was out of his hands and was gonna get the sales guy to talk to me later. Cluster ****! Nothing like trying to scam the ****ing customer. You are gonna have to try to call from Russia. They obviously are not taking me seriously and are trying to **** me over. Oh they didn't have any paper work for me to sign so we are good on that end. I should have known that only having the car for one day meant they did not paint it. They only removed the piller 3M. The corner panel was left on as well as the mirror. Oh and the marks are still on the mirror too.

Sorry for the bad news.

I got this e-mail as soon as I arrived offshore on the rig. I was upset enough to stay up until 12 midnight to call the service dept at 7 am your time whice is when I got ahold of Dwayne. I explaned that this repair was not good enough and that me and Tony said it would need to be repainted. He informed me that Tony told him that we only aggreed on a power polish and that I was calling Tony a liar. He said the matter was out of his hands and it would have to wait for me to return to deal with. I said my wife is 50% owner of the car and that it will not have to wait. I also said that if this was the best we could do I will stop payments on the FX and it will be parked in the lot and you can have it back. At this point he sid he will call my wife tomorrow to see what he can do. I asked for your e-mail and infiniti canada consumers affares # and he said he did not have them but if I e-mail him he would get it for me.

My e-mail to him;

FX50S pain issues‏
Sent: July 8, 2009 5:02:52 AM
To: info@erickseninfiniti.com; melissasperry@hotmail.com

This message is to be directer to the service Manager.

Dwayne;

My wife dropped our new FX50S off to get the paint issue taken care of on the front quatre pannel door and mirror. She said that the pannels were not repainted and looks worse then before. She also informes me that you told her that all we agreed on was a polish. This is a lie and I do not accept the work that was done to repar this car. I am currently in Russia and feel that you are trying to take advantage of this issue with my wife. I will issue a stop payment from my bank on the FX and you can have it back. I bought this truck over other dealers as you service in the past has been a+. This incident however is unacceptable. Tony at alberts agreeed that it needed to be painted. I did not feel you were going to be a dealership that would try to pull the wool over my eyes but now it appeares so. I will wait to hear back from you via e-mail in the next 2 working days, as my working houres on the rig are opposite from working houres in Canada. This issue will now be brought up with infinii canada as well. I will not accept a $75K car with a abviously flawed paint job.

After this e-mail I received this back from my wife;

RE: ‏
Sent: July 8, 2009 102 PM
To: Stephen Humby (stephenhumby@hotmail.com)

I went into infiniti. they were only nice to me because you had called. Gonna get the car in for the 20th of July. Could have been right away but they did not have a car for me. They are painting the front fender, door, mirror, A piller and they scatched the shinny plastic by the window on the door when i had it in the last time, so I asked for that to be replaced too. Then i double checked about the 3M and that will be done after the paint sets. You may want to get things double checked and mention the plastics piece by the window on the door so they do not forget. I even took the vehicle in to show them. Took me into his office, I guess so I woould not make a scene who knows.

I then got this reply back from Dwayne; (in all caps so I assume he is yelling)

RE: Ericksen Infiniti Nissan - 2009 Infiniti FX50‏
Sent: July 8, 2009 556 PM
To: 'Stephen Humby' (stephenhumby@hotmail.com)

I SPOKE TO MELLISA AT LUNCH TODAY AND WE HAVE MADE ARRANGEMNTS FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 20TH TO HAVE THE FX50 PAINTED. THE 3M WILL HAVE TO BE DONE AT A LATER DATE ONCE THE PAINT HAS CURED.

I had still not gotten your e-mail or infiniti canadas # from him as requested so I replied yet again;

Sent: July 8, 2009 757 PM
To: ddyck@ericksennissan.com

Dwayne;

Thank you for dealing with this. However I am a little upset that my wife had to come in and see you and had not received phone call the following day as you said she would. I would still like to know what Tony had to say about the job. I would still also like to receive the GM's and sales managers e-mail from you as well as infiniti canada's consumers affairs number.

I would also like to receive an e-mail from you detailing what repairs you will be doing to the car. ( ie what will be painted assurance the the infiniti self healing clear will be used and the scratches on the trim my wife pointed out to you ) as well as confirmation that you will pay to replace the 3M at Clear Choice Auto. In the past I would not feel the need to get this in writing but now I do as once it is in writing there should be no one calling anyone a liar. I feel we should have tried to get this "right the first time". NOw it will take another 3 weeks to get done and in the mean time my wife is driving around a fairly poor advertisement for Ericksen Infiniti and the whole Go Auto group. Not to mention a poor reflection on me and how i usually take care of my cars.

Regards;

Stephen Humby

And now this morning I get up and have this rather nasty e-mail back from Dwayne which I find unacceptable from a service Manager.

Sent: July 9, 2009 600 AM
To: 'Stephen Humby' (stephenhumby@hotmail.com)

Let’s get one thing straight right now. I am a man of my word. Your wife did not even give us a chance to contact her. You are not our only customer and I deal with a lot of people every day. If you think that I will drop everything to take of your paint issue you are wrong. If it would have been a drivability issue or a safety issue things would have been different. Your wife has the summer off and comes in before I am prepared and you think I am not following up. Give me a break.

I realize that I am not you only customer and that it does take time for things to happen. My wife did her best to deal with the situation and Dwayne blew her off. It took a phone call from me from russia to get action. And during this action I have been called a lier and treated as if I am trying to scam your compaine. I donot think that my request to have the work that is to be done put in writting as out of line. I am now simply dealing with Ericksen as I would anyother business transaction. I am still requesting Infiniti Canada'number and to have the work that will be preformed supplied to me in writting. I also would not like to have my wife deal with Dwayne anymore as I feel my dealings with him may have an affect on his dealings with her. Looking forward to hearing back from you as soon as you get a chance. I feel sorry that this transaction has made me feal I can no longer treat ericksen as a enjoyable experiance when I visit, and that now it needs to be delt with strictly as bussiness.

Regards;

Stephen Humby
Old 07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What a fvckin tool!!! So much for the customer is always right. This pisses me off and I should not even care one bit. I hate to see such **** poor customer service and it seems to be a often reoccurring theme these days.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:31 PM
ucla bruin

There it is. You made him lose his temper IN WRITING.

Bring it in, email it, take up to the top. Demand action for his actions.

Quick Reply: Erickson infiniti edmonton screwing me?