Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help with ideas for car

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
jcmata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with ideas for car

ok so idk if im posting this in the right place but here goes.

I want to get some mods for the car but idk to much about cars or aftermarket brands so idk whats good.
1.) I want to change out the headlights (any good brands out there)
2.) Intake system (idk any thing about them)
3.) what do grounding wires? or whatever thing are called do?

Can u guys tell me something else to add, but tell me what it does and mayb a link to the items would help alot

I have a sound system already, a W6v2 with a jl hd amp 750 watt. Thanks for the help guys
Old 06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1)pm Lou@Amplified for bulbs, get PIAA or similar (he can help big time)
2)if you want a CAI, get Stillen Gen3 or Injen
3)grounding wires are good for AT, they help with shifter response (if you have M/T don't worry about them...PM Black Betty about them)

mostly...READ. Go into the different parts of the forum, there is a wealth of information at your fingertips. Read all you can. Learn all you can. Then decide what you like.

You are running a huge risk of just getting flamed by just saying "ok what is good to get"

oh and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
jcmata

@hispeed-lowdrag thanks man ill message all of them
Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
KennethG37S

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
1)pm Lou@Amplified for bulbs, get PIAA or similar (he can help big time)
2)if you want a CAI, get Stillen Gen3 or Injen
3)grounding wires are good for AT, they help with shifter response (if you have M/T don't worry about them...PM Black Betty about them)

mostly...READ. Go into the different parts of the forum, there is a wealth of information at your fingertips. Read all you can. Learn all you can. Then decide what you like.

You are running a huge risk of just getting flamed by just saying "ok what is good to get"

oh and welcome to the forum!
great summary

as he said you could go with either Stillen or Injen. Stillen is little bit more powerful than injen but not as loud as Injen. Also, for stillen you have to cut a bit. Injen is louder than Stillen but not as strong as Stillen.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It would help if you specify your goals and budget.

For lights I'd suggest between 5000K which is white to 6000K which is a white with a blueish tint. I have Phillips 6000K, but would probably replace with these eventually since my goal is pure white.

I added grounding wires to the chassis and engine however I didn't connect them to the negative lead on the battery which is commonly done and arguably the primary reason for doing this mod. The reason is so I didn't bypass the battery current sensor... see below.

From the G37 Service manual CHG.
The Battery current sensor detects the charging/discharging current of the battery. The ECM judges the battery condition based on this signal. The ECM judges whether to perform the power generation voltage variable control according to the battery condition. When performing the power generation voltage variable control, ECM calculates the target power generation voltage according to the battery condition and sends the calculated value as the power generation command value to IPDM E/R.

The IPDM E/R converts the received power generation command value into the power generation command signal (PWM signal) and sends it to the IC voltage regulator.

The Alternator (IC voltage regulator) controls the power generation voltage by the target power generation voltage based on the received power generation command signal. When there is no power generation command signal, the alternator performs the normal power generation according to the characteristic of the IC voltage regulator.

By performing the power generation voltage variable control, the engine load due to the power generation of the alternator is reduced and fuel consumption is decreased.

Last edited by RedG37SNC; 06-02-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 PM
redfoster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Or if you're not that familiar with cars, drive this as is for a while. It's still quite the car stock. Get used to the feel of it, how it rides/performs, then decide which part you like to improve. And I agree, there's a wealth of info on the boards to be read. Most of all, enjoy the car
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^+1

and use the search button you have more specific questions and we can give you more specific answers.